You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 659
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Liverpool have made a surprise move for the Aston Villa full-back Luke Young. Roy Hodgson, the Liverpool manager, tried to sign Young earlier this year when he was in charge of Fulham and he has now rekindled his interest in the former England international. Liverpool are understood to have tabled a £2.75m bid for a player who has been told he is surplus to requirements at Villa Park.

Your thoughts please gentlemen.

Source is guardian.co.uk, Tuesday 27 July 2010 22.30 BST

Edited by standing_fan

I predict 7 pages of "he's a cunt, no you are, Roy is, Rafa would've been slaughtered if he'd signed him, it's only a rumour, fuck rumours, fuck you, no fuck you, fuck me, fuck Young, I like fucking birds, fuck me no, he's OK, no he isn't, resign Riise for that money, fuck Riise off, we need a left back, fuck the owners, sack Roy, I'm going to kill myself, I'm going to hang myself, I'm well hung"....

Possibly.

I predict 7 pages of "he's a cunt, no you are, Roy is, Rafa would've been slaughtered if he'd signed him, it's only a rumour, fuck rumours, fuck you, no fuck you, fuck me, fuck Young, I like fucking birds, fuck me no, he's OK, no he isn't, resign Riise for that money, fuck Riise off, we need a left back, fuck the owners, sack Roy, I'm going to kill myself, I'm going to hang myself, I'm well hung"....

Possibly.

A shrewd man turns off the lights then lashes a bed leg to his cock.

Completely mystifying signing. What would be the point? Second choice right back? I'd be just as happy with Kelly filling that role and using the money elsewhere. Young is distinctly average. Who's next, Nicky Shorey? Greg Halford? I hope Hodgson remembers that he is buying players for LIVERPOOL now, not Fulham.

Possibly.

My opinion can be taken from this post.

Luke Young is absolute fucking dog shite! He is worse than Lucas Neill who we were lucky to miss out on. Fuck me Roy, wake up.

Arbeloa got loads of unfair stick on these forums from decent posters. Oh how times and tunes change.

Completely mystifying signing. What would be the point? Second choice right back? I'd be just as happy with Kelly filling that role and using the money elsewhere. Young is distinctly average. Who's next, Nicky Shorey? Greg Halford? I hope Hodgson remembers that he is buying players for LIVERPOOL now, not Fulham.

My guess is that he'll be used to cover both fullback positions.

So £3m is a lot of fucking money on a player bought not to play each week.