You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Curly

Done deal according to Wikipedia

'In July 2010 he left Real Madrid and joined Liverpool'

must be true then.

I assume your messing.

Royston Drenthe - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia It hasn't been referenced or anything. I can go and change it to 'In July 2010 he left Real Madrid and joined Liverpool where he will play in goal' if I wanted.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
Either, can even play CM if required.

Quick, good left foot, little twat, combative.

I'm keeping them crossed.

Same here. I thought that I was the only person on here that would like to see the deal go through. 149.4% wanker, but he's fast, skillful, and can play in a number of positions. A good addition to the squad.

Drenthe is more of a winger then a left back.

He is capable of tracking back and not scared of doing his fair share of hard work.

Personally i would take him on loan and see how he performed.

He is a complete twat but as was the same with Bellamy he would be our complete twat.

'Royston' sounds made up!

Dr 'Its a healthy baby boy Mrs Drenthe, what ahttp://www.liverpoolway.co.uk/forum/smoothred/editor/smilie.gifre you going to name him?'

'Roy...Royer....Royd...Rooyer...Royning...to be honest I don't fucking care, Royston! There you go, call him Royston'

All his mates call him Roy.

From LFC.tv

£9m Royston Drenthe will lift Liverpool - Liverpool FC

Liverpool appeared last night to have moved to solve the problem of the left back position at Anfield by attempting to secure the signature of Real Madrid's £9m rated Dutch player Royston Drenthe.

Though Wigan Athletic's Maynor Figueroa had seemed to be priority target for Roy Hodgson, the Liverpool manager can ill afford to delay in his move to fill a position which is a priority for him.

The departure of Argentine Emiliano Insua to Fiorentina for £4.5m earlier this summer has left the club with no recognised left back, following the departure of Andrea Dossena to Napoli in January and Fabio Aurelio's exit from the club as a free agent, following his failure to agree a new contract earlier this summer. Drenthe, 23, a former Dutch under-21 international, has been frustrated during his spell in Spain, having played just 46 times since he arrived three years ago from Feyenoord.

Drenthe, who can also operate as a left winger, claimed on his own facebook page that he is set to move to Anfield. "I will soon be joining Liverpool FC. I hope I will have a good season," he said.

Liverpool's interest in the player, who arrived at the Bernabeu at the same time as his compatriots Wesley Sneijder and Arjen Robben, pre-dates Rafael Benitez's departure from the club with initial inquiries coming before the end of last season.

This story has been reproduced from today's media. It does not necessarily represent the position of Liverpool Football Club.

-------------------

I like the last line :D

There is a column by Ian Hibbert in the telegraph today saying were signing him because the player has announced it on his facebook page...HaHa remember when the offal site had us down to sign the french u21 defender didier baptiste (i think it was) he was a made up player on sky 1 dream team.

It's a load of rubbish and his agent is going to sue the Facebook user who generated the story, according to BBC:

Real Madrid's Netherlands international Royston Drenthe is not on his way to Liverpool, despite reports - citing a supposed Facebook page for the player - suggesting a deal had been done. "I will soon be joining Liverpool FC. I hope I will have a good season," read the page.

However, his agent told BBC Sport: "Royston does not have a Facebook page, a Twitter page or a MySpace page. We will be taking legal action against the person who set up this false Royston Drenthe account.

"Royston is definitely staying at Real Madrid. He is happy there, he has spoken to the club directors and is looking forward to the new season at the Bernabeu."

I don't know how the agent told the BBC. Might have been via Twitter or something.

On BBC football now:

1244 BST: Real Madrid's Netherlands international Royston Drenthe is not on his way to Liverpool, despite reports - citing a supposed Facebook page for the player - suggesting a deal had been done. "I will soon be joining Liverpool FC. I hope I will have a good season," read the page.

However, his agent told BBC Sport: "Royston does not have a Facebook page, a Twitter page or a MySpace page. We will be taking legal action against the person who set up this false Royston Drenthe account.

"Royston is definitely staying at Real Madrid. He is happy there, he has spoken to the club directors and is looking forward to the new season at the Bernabeu."

Cracked me up, that bit in bold. How long has Stephen Sinatra been Drenthe's agent then?