You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rafa 99% certain to leave after pay-off agreed

ReddOrDedd

• Replies 925
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you think Kenny himself feels he's being used? Give the King a bit of credit. He's not a fucking dope.

Like I've said, I'd imagine he would take the job on an interim basis because of his love for Liverpool and because he perceives it to be what is right for the club. I think the Americans would be the furthest thing from his mind, to be honest.

He isn't a dope, he is a legend who is woven into the very fabric of this club, he epitomises everything that the club is, and shoulD stand for.

But love is blind! Sorry, but if I was offered the chance to manage the club I would say yes, and worry about the yanks later! I would love the chance to manage the club, regardless of the situation!

The catch22 is that what is good for the club, is also good for the yanks, who are the problem with the club!

Managers come and managers go. Players come and players go.

LFC still remain. Well, the name remains at least. The club I grew up supporting has changed a bit in the last few years though, and that is 100% down to the owners.

Fuck those twats off, bring back some dignified owners and let's get on with supporting the greatest club in the world, no matter who's in charge or on the pitch.

I did read the fucking posts and I fail to see the fucking problem with Kenny helping the club perform on the pitch as an interim solution to ease the fucking sale of the club. You fuck.

Which was not your point wa.......do you know what? I can't be arsed. I am in a bad enough mood as it is, and I will only end up saying something.

It was said time and time again that Rafa was in the American's back pockets because he signed his contract, it was always alluded to!

Yet Kenny is being lined up and?

The facts are that Kenny, for whatever reason will also allay a hell of a lot of the anger that should be focussed on the owners, most of us said so six months ago, criticism of the decision to appoint Kenny is already being banned on this thread!

Not criticism of Kenny, but the decision to appoint him, they are two seperate issues, I don't think Kenny is backing the owners in taking the job, but I am convinced he is being used by them.

I think you really need to give Kenny a bit more credit than that. He's been about a long while now and is a highly intelligent fella. I seriously don't think he is as naive as you might be alluding to there. If he takes the position, he will know exactly what he is doing and the implications. We can only speculate on his motives (and I believe they are sincere as he has shown shown plenty of times he feels for the club as a genuine fan).

I would believe that Kenny would be doing it for the simple reason of bringing some much needed stability back to one aspect of the club, the football side, than any other theory.

I think you're right that the danger is that much of the momentum of ridding us of the parasites might be affected with his appointment and curtail the anger.....we can only hope that is not the case.

I'm hearing that it's likely to be Kenny on a short term basis until the club is sold. It's seen as the best way of keeping the top players here, as the club knew there could be an exodus if they didn't do something.

Appointing a long term manager was difficult because of the uncertainty over the ownership, but the King would restore harmony to the camp and get everyone pulling in the same direction again. Every chance Rush may be named as his assistant or on the coaching staff.

I'm hoping to God this bit is accurate, but can't help thinking that them getting rid of Rafa now suggests we're not going to be getting new owners any time soon - otherwise why bother?

Why not just leave it to the next owners? Or as someone else has pointed out, if new owners want him gone first why are they negotiating with Rafa over a relatively small amount of money, surely they'd just want him paid off and gone?

I know some are saying this "sacking" is required to ensure certain players stay until new owners arrive, but I find it hard to believe that any player who truly loves us, as Gerrard and Torres do, would jump ship anyway IF they knew that new owners would be here soon?

This just doesn't make sense on any level unless the current owners are still planning mid-long term. *shudders*

Someone please blow my argument to pieces with something that makes sense and is realistic.

Which was not your point wa.......do you know what? I can't be arsed. I am in a bad enough mood as it is, and I will only end up saying something.

Wouldn't have guessed it. Then I read some of your previous posts and realise that while a lot of us are celebrating, you're in shock and mourning. Good luck with that.:P

I cant see Gerrard going if Kenny is the new boss, this very likely applies to Torres too.

In that sense Kenny is already off to a flier.

Benitez lost the players the night we went out to Lyon, in my view.

We've had a squad that had decided they werent putting their world cups on the line for Rafa since February.

The main thing is keeping what players we have, as any funds raised will go straight to Texas. We doactually have some real talent there, its easy to forget that, the way Benitez has been running things.

In a similair vein i can see an upside to O'Neil coming if we are forced to sell the big names. He does get the max out of pigs ears.

We were linked with Milner, but O'Neil,instead of buying a crocked Aquilani, bought him for a fuck sight less. O Neil isnt the anti christ, he does well with average players,which is what we might be looking at.

Benitez going is a good thing. If only that it will now focus the ire on the stooges.

I think you really need to give Kenny a bit more credit than that. He's been about a long while now and is a highly intelligent fella. I seriously don't think he is as naive as you might be alluding to there. If he takes the position, he will know exactly what he is doing and the implications. We can only speculate on his motives (and I believe they are sincere as he has shown shown plenty of times he feels for the club as a genuine fan).

I would believe that Kenny would be doing it for the simple reason of bringing some much needed stability back to one aspect of the club, the football side, than any other theory.

I think you're right that the danger is that much of the momentum of ridding us of the parasites might be affected with his appointment and curtail the anger.....we can only hope that is not the case.

Not saying at all that I am right, but, it is not as clear cut as people have said.

This is his friend asking him to take over the club he loves! He would need to autistic to not feel an emotional desire to want the club to rise.

But that still doesn't mean that the board know full well what his appointment means! Read back on this thread, I can see a few posters already demanding you accept the appointment of Kenny no questions asked. Cos its Kenny.

But, if you do question it, you just don't get it!

Wouldn't have guessed it. Then I read some of your previous posts and realise that while a lot of us are celebrating, you're in shock and mourning. Good luck with that.:P

Why thank you!

And I hope your mother dies in a freak yaughting accident!

He has not been sacked but the club want rid, Its all about Money.

Of course he's been sacked - it's just about how much he's going to take for them to be able to say it was "by mutual agreement".

If it walks like a duck, looks like a duck, quacks like a duck and swims like a duck.

Best to call it a Duck until it's proven otherwise.

I cant see Gerrard going if Kenny is the new boss, this very likely applies to Torres too.

In that sense Kenny is already off to a flier.

Benitez lost the players the night we went out to Lyon, in my view.

We've had a squad that had decided they werent putting their world cups on the line for Rafa since February.

The main thing is keeping what players we have, as any funds raised will go straight to Texas. We doactually have some real talent there, its easy to forget that, the way Benitez has been running things.

In a similair vein i can see an upside to O'Neil coming if we are forced to sell the big names. He does get the max out of pigs ears.

We were linked with Milner, but O'Neil,instead of buying a crocked Aquilani, bought him for a fuck sight less. O Neil isnt the anti christ, he does well with average players,which is what we might be looking at.

Benitez going is a good thing. If only that it will now focus the ire on the stooges.

But does it focus the ire on the stooges?? - a lot of people will think twice before protesting because Kenny is there

Not saying at all that I am right, but, it is not as clear cut as people have said.

This is his friend asking him to take over the club he loves! He would need to autistic to not feel an emotional desire to want the club to rise.

But that still doesn't mean that the board know full well what his appointment means! Read back on this thread, I can see a few posters already demanding you accept the appointment of Kenny no questions asked. Cos its Kenny.

But, if you do question it, you just don't get it!

Yep, but the time to get angry, or be concerned about this has been and gone. This was the likely outcome when he rejoined the club. You can't suggest that this is a complete surprise to Dalglish, and that he's only just thinking about it now. Is it only right to question Dalglish if he's in a senior role? Thinking about it pragmatically, and for the good of the club, this is probably the best scenario we can have right now.

I'm hoping to God this bit is accurate, but can't help thinking that them getting rid of Rafa now suggests we're not going to be getting new owners any time soon - otherwise why bother?

Why not just leave it to the next owners? Or as someone else has pointed out, if new owners want him gone first why are they negotiating with Rafa over a relatively small amount of money, surely they'd just want him paid off and gone?

I know some are saying this "sacking" is required to ensure certain players stay until new owners arrive, but I find it hard to believe that any player who truly loves us, as Gerrard and Torres do, would jump ship anyway IF they knew that new owners would be here soon?

This just doesn't make sense on any level unless the current owners are still planning mid-long term. *shudders*

Someone please blow my argument to pieces with something that makes sense and is realistic.

As long as it's Dalglish, we are fine. He is a short term solution. Start shuddering if they appoint Hodgson or the Snidey Fucking Goblin.