You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Bolton Match thread

Dracco

• Replies 429
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A textbook, piece of piss knock back from the back post doesn't stop Aquilani being a bit shit though.

Don't get mad with me, I didn't fucking sign him!

Hopefully that assist will give him a confidence boost and help him play better. He didn't look happy at all when Kuyt was thanking him for the assist, so at least he knows he isn't playing well and is unhappy with that. Surely he'll get better because he almost definitely has it in him.

Hopefully that assist will give him a confidence boost and help him play better. He didn't look happy at all when Kuyt was thanking him for the assist, so at least he knows he isn't playing well and is unhappy with that. Surely he'll get better because he almost definitely has it in him.

Aye. There might be a player in there somewhere, but we haven't seen him yet, that's for sure.

I really hope I'm wrong, but I just don't think he's going to make it here.

The score-line is good but the performance less so.

Bolton have probably created the better openings, although it shouldn't come as much of a surprise because that seems to be happening against most teams we play this season.

Aquilani did well to stretch for the header in the build up to the goal but his overall performance has been terrible. I'm sorry, but it has to be said.

FAO Cardie, are you suggesting that a mis-hit shot from Kuyt, which should clearly have been blocked on the line, is indisputable evidence of why he's picked every week? If so, then fair do's, i'm glad you aren't involved in football!

N'Gog has been extremely poor too. I'm been really pleased with Krygiakos today though; I know he's limited and I think he knows it too, but he's honest and gives his all.

Let's hope we can step it up in the second half and get that all important second goal.

EDIT - That Lee looks really good for them; he waltzed past Insua and Skrtel when he nearly scored.

FAO Cardie, are you suggesting that a mis-hit shot from Kuyt, which should clearly have been blocked on the line, is indisputable evidence of why he's picked every week? If so, then fair do's, i'm glad you aren't involved in football!

That's a big conclusion.

Aye. There might be a player in there somewhere, but we haven't seen him yet, that's for sure.

I really hope I'm wrong, but I just don't think he's going to make it here.

Tom, I honestly think this lad has a touch of class about him. He's still struggling to make his mark on games, but I genuinely think that if we give him some time in attacking midfield and get Torres back fit for any decent amount of time, he could end up being a really important player for us. He was much better against Tottenham playing further forward. I like the fact that he tries the first time passes or balls no one expects. And if we had our best players around him I think the whole team would benefit from his unpredictability.

Tom, I honestly think this lad has a touch of class about him. He's still struggling to make his mark on games, but I genuinely think that if we give him some time in attacking midfield and get Torres back fit for any decent amount of time, he could end up being a really important player for us. He was much better against Tottenham playing further forward. I like the fact that he tries the first time passes or balls no one expects. And if we had our best players around him I think the whole team would benefit from his unpredictability.

I think so too, but I feel he could be a bit too lightweight. but i hope he proves me wrong.

as long as rafa is here I can't see him playing him in a more offence role, which he is suited too. if that is the case then, a wasted talent again

Oh and for the record my view on Kuyts selection is that when you have a team lacking confidence with experienced proffesionals willing to hide behind the usual whipping boys unwilling to stand up and be counted then players who are willing to give 100% every game are worth their weight in gold and as such Kuyt's selection is almost a given every game at the moment.

PS: Tom, you've negged me saying simply 'die' but unlike the last poster who dared question you, you haven't said how. Is it 'Die of fucking cancer' again or something more imaginative?

Oh and for the record my view on Kuyts selection is that when you have a team lacking confidence with experienced proffesionals willing to hide behind the usual whipping boys unwilling to stand up and be counted then players who are willing to give 100% every game are worth their weight in gold and as such Kuyt's selection is almost a given every game at the moment.

PS: Tom, you've negged me saying simply 'die' but unlike the last poster who dared question you, you haven't said how. Is it 'Die of fucking cancer' again or something more imaginative?

I just think he's crap, personally, but there you go!

The score-line is good but the performance less so.

Bolton have probably created the better openings, although it shouldn't come as much of a surprise because that seems to be happening against most teams we play this season.

Aquilani did well to stretch for the header in the build up to the goal but his overall performance has been terrible. I'm sorry, but it has to be said.

N'Gog has been extremely poor too. I'm been really pleased with Krygiakos today though; I know he's limited and I think he knows it too, but he's honest and gives his all.

Let's hope we can step it up in the second half and get that all important second goal.

EDIT - That Lee looks really good for them; he waltzed past Insua and Skrtel when he nearly scored.

Kuyt has been our best player for the last 2.5 games. The last 2 games he's played in the middle he's scored.

Ngog has been awful. He seems to have very little power when he treis to beat a player and get a cross in. They roll into the keepers arms.

I'm happy with the team rafa picked, especially because he hasn't persisted with two holding midfielders but I thought he had gone with gerrard on the right early on with kuyt off Ngog but I think Gerrard has the free role.

Riera was playing very poorly but it was a good ball for insua in the build up to the goal. That corner where he played it straight to one of their players was shocking and insua's fresh air kick that led to the run through the middle from cohen was it? and kyrgiakos cleared off the line, jeseus what was insua at.

Overall we look nervous at the back but we have scored so they are hopefully going to chase the game and leave space in behind but I hope we don't settle for 1 nil too early and bring lucas on. we need at least 2.