You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Guest Ulysses Everett McGill

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The little bastard. Punish him by putting him in the balloon and lettting it go.

EDIT : Hang on, so let me get this straight? EVERYBODY goes into crazy panic mode on the word of his brother? But NOBODY searches the fucking house properly?

You shouldn't be glad you missed it, to be honest it was quite exciting watching the cameras following the balloon thing and you could see it slowing down. Then a man jumped out of a car and grabbed the wires to stop it flying off again, then came the wait to see if anyone emerged from within. Finally ending with relief that the boy was safe at home all along.

In a box in the attick, easy to miss if he was so scared.

Surely it was incumbent upon any law enforcement agancy to conduct a thorough search of the property including any child size containers? Another fuck up by deputies. Let's hope they've patted him down properly in case he's hiding a gun in his pants.

We were watching this in the Spoons before. it was possibly the best live news I've ever seen. The best moment was when the people were twatting the balloon with spades, it's a good job there wasn't a fucking 6 year old in there because if the drop didn't kill him the spades would've

thought exactly the same myself,someone there must have had a penknife or similar to cut the material and let the gas out surely ?

You shouldn't be glad you missed it, to be honest it was quite exciting watching the cameras following the balloon thing and you could see it slowing down. Then a man jumped out of a car and grabbed the wires to stop it flying off again, then came the wait to see if anyone emerged from within. Finally ending with relief that the boy was safe at home all along.

I agree. The whole of the Wetherspoons on Walton Vale was watching it. Lots of cheering and gasping and "fucking hell how fast is that going?!" Ace use of my time

HAHAHA..I've just seen a news interview where the kid appears to say he was told to hide. A big publicity stunt' date=' which the father has denied. But if so, I wonder if he will he be charged for wasting police and rescue services time.[/quote']

Asked if the incident was a publicity stunt, he answered: "That's horrible after the crap we just went through. No."

However, later during a live interview on CNN, when Mr Heene asked his son why he did not come out, Falcon blurted out his claim about doing it all for a show.

Asked to clarify the child's comments, Mr Heene apparently bristled and said he did not know what he meant.

Mr Heene did admit that the balloon had not been tethered properly. “It was a mishap. I’m not going to lay blame on anybody,” he said.

That the boy was found safely at home brought sighs of relief and knowing nods from people who had suspected a prank. The story is unlikely to have an entirely happy ending, however, even if it is found not to have been a hoax. The rescue effort cost hundreds of thousands of dollars, not counting the damage suffered by airlines while their aircraft were forced to divert from the path of Mr Heene’s UFO.

Whether it was a stunt or not, the man who describes himself as a “psyience detective”, is about to be presented with a hefty bill. When he receives it, there will be nowhere for his son —- or him —- to hide.

Video: 'Boy in the balloon', Falcon Heene, hints it was a publicity stunt - Times Online