You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

What constitutes the perfect cooked breakfast?

ISeeRed

Beans with a full English?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Beans with a full English?

• Aye, bean me up, Scotty.
    • Nay, poke your beans up your bum, one at a time.

The mrs had suggested the idea of a teatime fry up this afternoon and I was captivated, well its Saturday I thought and as I said, I told her to make sure to pop an oxo cube in the beans and she gave me a wink, I slapped her arse and off she wiggled.

Anyway, I sat down at the table in my shirt, collar off and braces down obviously (its the weekend) and she presented me with egg, bacon and beans. Fucking hell.

• Downvote 1

13 hours ago, The Gaul said:

I was thinking I might do it tomorrow. I think a fry up can be eaten anytime. 

I very much enjoy the occasional breakfast for tea. Making these is one of the wife’s many qualities. Although my Sunday Roasts trump hers, she wins hands down in the fry up championship of our house.

The only regular complaint I have is that she always asks if I want beans with it. As if any right minded breakfast chef should ever need to ask. 

• Upvote 1

The wife and kids are away this weekend, so I'm home alone eating my way through random leftovers in the fridge and freezer. So I made this fry up this morning with some tlw help. So let's start there

Beans - I had half a can in the fridge. I'd never thought of adding marmite or oxo to them before , no idea why as I stick marmite in all kinds. However I gave it a roll with marmite, and it was as nice as I was expecting. 

Fried bread - using the lifey method. I was always shit at fried bread till I followed his rapeseed oil and butter combo. Perfect. 

Bacon - 3 slices. Not sure what was going on with that. I think it was from my butcher, but it must have been some weird lockdown leftovers as it was much thinner than he would normally sell. It was still tasty though. 

Ulster Fry. 3 slices. Delicious. 

3 sausage - "old English" from my butcher, which are brilliant. They're very herby, like a Lincolnshire. 

Scrambled egg - the only eggs in the fridge were some crappy ones the missus had got to bake with, so I decided to make them into my scrambled eggs, flavoured up with several splashes of worcestershire sauce, butter, milk and cheese. I should eat more scrambled egg.

Fried potatoes - there was a left over baked spud in the fridge which I mashed up with some butter and cheese, added a tiny bit of paprika. 

All in all I was pretty happy with that considering it was made from odds and sods. But sausages are always a winner for me and the quality of them certainly made the difference. 

IMG_20200719_102404.jpg

• Upvote 9
  • Downvote 2

49 minutes ago, The Gaul said:

The wife and kids are away this weekend, so I'm home alone eating my way through random leftovers in the fridge and freezer. So I made this fry up this morning with some tlw help. So let's start there

Beans - I had half a can in the fridge. I'd never thought of adding marmite or oxo to them before , no idea why as I stick marmite in all kinds. However I gave it a roll with marmite, and it was as nice as I was expecting. 

Fried bread - using the lifey method. I was always shit at fried bread till I followed his rapeseed oil and butter combo. Perfect. 

Bacon - 3 slices. Not sure what was going on with that. I think it was from my butcher, but it must have been some weird lockdown leftovers as it was much thinner than he would normally sell. It was still tasty though. 

3 sausage - "old English" from my butcher, which are brilliant. They're very herby, like a Lincolnshire. 

Scrambled egg - the only eggs in the fridge were some crappy ones the missus had got to bake with, so I decided to make them into my scrambled eggs, flavoured up with several splashes of worcestershire sauce, butter, milk and cheese. I should eat more scrambled egg.

Fried potatoes - there was a left over baked spud in the fridge which I mashed up with some butter and cheese, added a tiny bit of paprika. 

All in all I was pretty happy with that considering it was made from odds and sods. But sausages are always a winner for me and the quality of them certainly made the difference. 

IMG_20200719_102404.jpg

I generally approve which I know will be important to you. Looks decent quality ingredients and a solid combination. I’m no fan of scrambled eggs but I accept your explanation as to why you chose this method.

My only real issue and it is quite a big one I’m afraid is the direction your fried bread is pointing in. Crust should be on the outside of the plate. Appreciate this could just be me but I’d struggle to get past this if someone served it up to me. Quality of sausage or not. 

9 minutes ago, YorkshireRed said:

I generally approve which I know will be important to you. Looks decent quality ingredients and a solid combination. I’m no fan of scrambled eggs but I accept your explanation as to why you chose this method.

My only real issue and it is quite a big one I’m afraid is the direction your fried bread is pointing in. Crust should be on the outside of the plate. Appreciate this could just be me but I’d struggle to get past this if someone served it up to me. Quality of sausage or not. 

The crust stops the beans soaking through the fried slice. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

3 hours ago, The Gaul said:

IMG_20200719_102404.jpg

You’re gonna get us all banged up you stupid bastard 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

Why do people call it bean juice when it's tomato sauce? Never been able to figure it out.

Because it shouldn't be confused with a perfectly respectable condiment. 

Bin juice would be a better description

• Upvote 4