Quantcast
What constitutes the perfect cooked breakfast? - GF - General Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
ISeeRed

What constitutes the perfect cooked breakfast?

Beans with a full English?  

188 members have voted

1. 1. Beans with a full English?

• Aye, bean me up, Scotty.
    • Nay, poke your beans up your bum, one at a time.

About 4 rashers of smoked bacon (fried or grilled)

2 fried eggs

2 sausages

A scoop of baked beans

A decent portion of mushrooms (fresh ones cooked in butter, not those briney things you often get)

A few grilled tomatoes (not the tinned stuff)

2 slices of buttered toast

Tea

Orange juice

That's it. No black pudding. Black pudding is congealed blood, and has no place on your plate. Also, no pipetting drops of fancy stuff onto the eggs, which I think I saw Heston Blumenthal doing when he tarted up the Little Chef Olympic breakky (not that I wouldn't mind trying his version of it, mind you).

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

IseeRed, never has your name been so apt. For putting beans on a fry up, you are getting the neg bomb.

BOOM!

Bacon- at least 3 rashers. At least.

Sausage- two- if they are a good size, no fucking about with fancy little thin ones.

Ulster fry- yes please.

Liver sausage- throw a bit on, why the fuck not.

White pudding- like black pudding's good looking sister.

Black pudding- of course.

Fried bread- Mmmmm.

Bread and butter- a staple.

HP Brown Sauce- as if there's any other?

Mug of Yorkshire Tea

Fucking marvellous.

• Upvote 1

Wasn't there a thread where either Ross or Noos lectured one of Jamie Oliver's restaurants on the perfect cooked breakfast? I couldn't find it on search.

A line in the sand has been drawn. Not only is Monty pro-bean, he negged me for my correct anti-bean stance. Won't somebody please think of the children!

What is the GF's stance on Hash Brown's with a cooked breakfast? Personally, I love 'em, me!

What is the GF's stance on Hash Brown's with a cooked breakfast? Personally, I love 'em, me!

2 Egg

3 Sausage

2 Hash Brown

2 Black Pudding

3 Back Bacon

3 slices of Warburtons'Thick' with butter

Tea

• Upvote 1

3 rashers of unsmoked back bacon

3 sausages (not Lincolnshire)

3 pieces of lamb's kidney

Beans

Black pudding

Fried egg

Mushrooms fried in butter

Fried bread

2 rounds of toast (Warburtons toastie)

Tea, white with one sugar

A massive heart attack.

• Downvote 1

A few weeks back I stayed in the Village hotel in Swansea. I have no idea where they sourced their breakfast sausages but they were superb.

What does the forum think about pubs etc. edging breakfast into the afternoon by chucking on a few chips & calling it an all-day breakfast ?

Abomination or clever improvisation.

I'm not having all this 'no baked beans' nonsence

1x Toast

2x Sausages (Cooked, not fried. Keeps the size)

1x Bacon Slice

1x Black Pudding

1x Big Mushroom

2x Hash Browns

1x Portion of beans (a small one though, dont want soggy toast)

1x Egg

Some Plumb t'matoes

HP Brown sauce

Some fucking orange juice and a cup of tea for about 10mins later

4 rashers of bacon

3 sausages

tomatoes, juicy ones

mushrooms

1 fried egg

scrambled egg

1 poached egg on toast

2 slices of bread

1 extra slice of toast

big mug of freshly ground coffee

1 glass of orange juice

Guest Numero Veinticinco

For me...

3 Fermanagh black bacon (Grilled)

2 Cumberland sausages (Grilled)

2 Hash browns (Oven cooked)

3 Toast (Thick cut from a fresh, crispy farmhouse. Done under the grill at the last minute)

Baked beans with added pepper and cooked until they start to break up.

2 Eggs (Poached)

1 piece of bread and butter to scrape the juice up afterwards

Large tea (typhoo, ta) just on the weak side of medium, with 2 sugars.

Orange Juice

Not had one in a long, long time.

3 pork sausages (fried)

3 rashers of smoked bacon (grilled)

3 hash browns (grilled)

1 fried egg

1 x black pudding

1 x white pudding

2 x toast

Coffee and some nice cold orange juice.