You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Guest Ibetitsme7
Old school defenders like Carra and Skrtel are good but in modern football you need someone who is also composed on the ball and can get involved in attacks.

Skrtel IS composed on the ball and is a very good passer

shame some people can't see past the skinhead and assume he's a clogging thug

bit like that Paul Gascoigne

• Replies 506
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Agreed.

Skrtel is good on the ball and does bring it out of defense, despite what the Agger-lovers think.

Guest Ibetitsme7
the funny thing is if Agger was in the first XI freaks like Ibetitsme would be saying 'why did he drop Skrtel, our best defender ever?'

I wanted Skrtel and Agger to play this and bring back Carra fresh for Real and have posted as such on the 'TLW picks the team' thread

so the funny thing is...you're freakily wrong

oh and our best defender ever was Mark Lawrenson but you probably think he's a cunt cos he says nasty things about us on telly and you can't handle it cos you're a little crybabybunting so you call him naughty words on the internet

Guest Ibetitsme7
Skrtel isn't bad on the ball by any means, but Agger is far better.

Agger is better on the ball going forward, granted

I don't think it's "far" though, except maybe when it comes to long-range shooting

It's why I like Skrtel, he's like a cross between Carragher and Agger, somewhere between the two

I think he's gonna be a massive player for us. Just wish he could time his headers better.

anyway I think the Aggerlovers had better grow to like Skrtel cos it looks distinctly like Agger isnt going to be around to love next season...

Agger is better on the ball going forward, granted

I don't think it's "far" though, except maybe when it comes to long-range shooting

It's why I like Skrtel, he's like a cross between Carragher and Agger, somewhere between the two

I think he's gonna be a massive player for us. Just wish he could time his headers better.

anyway I think the Aggerlovers had better grow to like Skrtel cos it looks distinctly like Agger isnt going to be around to love next season...

Yeah, looks like we'll be in for a CH or two next year.

I really hope that Yossi will play central and Kuyt to the right.

We could also have benched Lucas and put out this midfield/attack:

-----------------Mascherano---------------

Kuyt-----------------------------------Riera

-------------------Yossi-------------------

-----------Babel------------Torres---------

I do not think that my heart can take another late comeback. I am hoping for a convincing and relaxing 3-0 win.

bit like that Paul Gascoigne

He is ok on the ball, He's a little better than Carra but you must admit Agger is a level above both in an attacking sense. He is actually capably of scoring the odd goal or setting one up. I'm an unashamed Agger fan and I believe he deserves one of the two centre back spots when he is on form he is brilliant. Show me Skrtel or Carra scoring that semi final goal against Chelsea, and don't forget his defending he can defend as well.

Skrtel is a good defender but I'm always on edge with him thinking he will give away a penalty, he is very sloppy at times.

He is ok on the ball, He's a little better than Carra but you must admit Agger is a level above both in an attacking sense.

Agreed, the way he went forward and set a goal up earlier on in the season really showed what he can do attacking. It'd maybe be cooler if he went further forward more though. He seems to stay back too much at the moment. He could be kind of like Ramos if he pushed forward more though, who knows.

We definitely don't wanna be selling him either.