You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Paulo Ferreira - and other weekend games

Salou

• Replies 371
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wouldn't want Agbonlahor. Just fast as fuck. Admittidley that's served him well in this league playing for Villa, but that's because teams have more of a go at Villa than any of the top 4. Deep lying defences make his job a lot more difficult and he hasn't got the ability or guile to combat that yet.

Young is not a £20m pound player either. He's a bit hit and miss but better than our wingers for sure. Not top class though.

Wouldn't want Agbonlahor. Just fast as fuck. Admittidley that's served him well in this league playing for Villa, but that's because teams have more of a go at Villa than any of the top 4. Deep lying defences make his job a lot more difficult and he hasn't got the ability or guile to combat that yet.

Young is not a £20m pound player either. He's a bit hit and miss but better than our wingers for sure. Not top class though.

There are very few that are these days, as long as he's better than most top 4 full backs then that's good enough. Not sure he is though. Like you say he has the same advantage as does Agbonglahor in that Villa are rarely in a game where space is at a premium.

I think Ashley Young is class, and could become world class playing with Torres rather than Emily. Agbonlahor, as someone said earlier, is incredibly hit and miss. We could certainly do with someone with his pace though.

Young does nothing for me, he'd struggle in a Liverpool team because he'd be watched and marked a lot more carefully meaning he wouldnt be able to put in 100 crosses a game which is all he pretty much does

as Snez says playing for Villa is a lot different. look at Keane as an example

It's mostly about pace with those 2 kids at the moment and i'm not sure either would have enough quality to cope in a top 4 side where 90% of the games pace isn't enough because teams stay deep.

I think if Babel was at Villa he'd be doing exactly what Young and Agbonlahor are.

Dire game, I fell asleep watching the second half.

You knew that as soon as Chelsea scored, there was no way they would lose. Villa then produced their worst performance of the season to top things off.

The game was worse than our game against Villa in my opinion, which I think says a lot.

When did he say that?

I can definitely remember him saying it.

That Arshavin is a top-level talent is beyond doubt' date='”

“The only issue is related to the fact that the leading leagues in the world mean you must be at the highest level of physical readiness throughout the season.”

“Can he show his full potential every three days that happens every season the same in England and Spain?”

“In the semi-final meeting with the Spaniards, in which Arshavin looked to be exhausted, has forced me to ask this question.”[/quote']

Young does nothing for me, he'd struggle in a Liverpool team because he'd be watched and marked a lot more carefully meaning he wouldnt be able to put in 100 crosses a game which is all he pretty much does

as Snez says playing for Villa is a lot different. look at Keane as an example

Who are teams watching when they play Villa? Heskey? The majoirty of their attention , defensively, is on Young but if he joined us where the defensive attentions are turned to the likes of Gerrard & Torres he'd have much more space. Not only that but his game would improve by working with two genuinely world class attacking talents.

Fuck Young, Ribery is where its at if you're looking to spend big money.

One or the other would do and improve us. I do agree a Ribery would be my choice, that said I thought Keane and Morientes would make it.

On that basis my opinion is shit. OH AND THROUGH A CERTAIN MR HARRY KEWELL INTO THE MIX.

So opinion is shite.

Who are teams watching when they play Villa? Heskey? The majoirty of their attention , defensively, is on Young but if he joined us where the defensive attentions are turned to the likes of Gerrard & Torres he'd have much more space. Not only that but his game would improve by working with two genuinely world class attacking talents.

for me he's like Bent, looks ok against most (unguarded) premier league teams but when called up for England or playing against better sides is woeful. is Bent worth 16m?