You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The second date...

Chris

Dudes.

I have a second date with a lady this week, following a pretty successful first date last week. We had a drink and a meal and a bit of a kiss and have been in touch a lot, texting ever since.

I'm undecided as what to suggest as the rules of attraction always seem to kick my ass.

I think the theatre would be a nice idea. See something like Wicked, and then maybe some food before that...

Or, I was thinking perhaps the London Dungeon, then a nice walk along the South Bank and then up to Nelson's column to hang out there for a while, maybe a couple of drinks by the water along the way... Oh wait, the Dungeon is closed in the evenings... how lame.

Don't really want to do cinema, or something too quirky that could go wrong, but I still don't know London that well...

Any ideas other than crude sexual ones...?

Guest Ulysses Everett McGill
Dudes.

I have a second date with a lady this week, following a pretty successful first date last week. We had a drink and a meal and a bit of a kiss and have been in touch a lot, texting ever since.

I'm undecided as what to suggest as the rules of attraction always seem to kick my ass.

I think the theatre would be a nice idea. See something like Wicked, and then maybe some food before that...

Or, I was thinking perhaps the London Dungeon, then a nice walk along the South Bank and then up to Nelson's column to hang out there for a while, maybe a couple of drinks by the water along the way... Oh wait, the Dungeon is closed in the evenings... how lame.

Don't really want to do cinema, or something too quirky that could go wrong, but I still don't know London that well...

Take her to a show, loads of tickets available as everyone is skint, you can take your pick.

Then off to Claridges or somewhere similar for something to eat

After that, it's entirely down to how well the night is going, nice walk etc.

If she lives near you, finish the night with a beer in a nearby pub.

Don't go chasing the pussy unless your invited in

the london dungeon....... I'd leave you extra hobbies in the background until she can take the piss out of them.

THe London film festival is on at the mo and the BFI cinema is on the south bank

BFI | Home

there's a restaurant / bar inside which is pretty swish so you can have a drink then catch a film.

A walk along the south bank isn't a bad idea, it lights up pretty well in the evening. So you could meet at london bridge walk down the thames into a nice bar and then a film. It's handy for waterloo for trains later on. I'm taking mine to see awaydays

i'd give trafalgar sq etc a massive wide berth.

If you head up to Traf Sq, pop in here...

The National Gallery, London

I took an ex there and she loved it. Mind you she was a bit arty and you shouldn't really go too far wrong with one of the richest collections in the world.

Maybe not try to over awe her, by having a coffee/dessert here...

NG London/Information/Food and Drink

It would have to be a Wednesday as they close late on that night.

I quite like St Paul's at sunset and there are a few open spaces around to have a picnic or pop over to the Tate on the south bank.

Where aboots are you and her based? I may have some more ideas for district areas etc.

Here's some of my legendary advice to you Chris (it ALWAYS works brilliant remember...:whistle:)

Theatre is a good idea. The lion king is awesome and has something for everyone. I do agree with what Anny Road said though about setting the bar too high, don't let them get accustomed to a lifestyle you can't keep up for too long without the aide of credit cards etc.

You haven't told me about this girl *sulks*

Dudes.

I'm a big fan of Brick Lane for some curry and then just pop down to Poland St(off Oxford St) to a bar called Vivo which has nice cocktails made with fresh fruit and whatnot...

Nice meal, some convo, and drinks? Can't go wrong.

I'm going to tiresomely agree with what others have said, mate: a show is classy without being poncey and a meal afterwards will give you plenty of time for chatting, boozing and assessing of potential for future adventures of a sexual nature. That said, that's a pricey night out right there and could set a tricky precedent. Any third date should then deffo be a more sedate affair in the boozer where you can relax and have a laugh.

Most important thing to remember mate, and I know it's stating the obvious

Just be yourself dude, everything else is secondary

I was going to make a quip about making her slide up and down Nelsons Column but chose that one instead.

Anyway Chris, good plan for a show etc, that'll go down well.

Fingers crossed, not as well as she will

Most important thing to remember mate, and I know it's stating the obvious

Just be yourself dude, everything else is secondary

Chris, if you want to see her again, do not, I repeat, do not, at any cost, be yourself.

I joke, of course. That cocktail bar sounds good, not met a woman yet who doesn't go giddy at the sight of a cocktail menu.

The only answer, surely.

But then again, if you're in London - and I assume you are, because if you're in Stavanger or Suceava or Seattle or somewhere and you take a bird to the London Dungeon on a second date that's just going to weird her out, in my experience - don't, because all the pubs are shite.