You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last film you watched...

Elite

Simpsons last night. Rubbish, Laughed twice. "Thats the reason we should hate kids" and I can't remember the other.

Cash cow.

B.B...B.....But Spider Pig makes that film.

I very often mimic that scene with my cat instead of a pig. I found them hard to come by at a cheap price, and very heavy. Cats are much more light and easier to gorilla press against the ceiling so you ensure they can't escape while you have your moment of comedy re-enactment pleasure.

I watched No Country For Old Men last night and thoroughly enjoyed it. Was gutted how it ended though. I was impressed with the characters and Anton Sugar (I know its not spelt like that) character was a real scary fucker. The flip of the coin sin the garage with the old fella was amazing. Put the fear of god into me. You being scared to fuck not knowing what this mad crazy fucker is capable of, and the fact he is sending subliminal messages to you. Knowing that your choice of coin side could depend on whether you lived or not. A really good way of getting your potential victim to play Russian roulette.

I would give it a 8.5/10

• 2 weeks later...

Just finished watching The assassination of Richard Nixon. It's hard to describe it really but I think it was pretty darn good. Obviously Sean Penn was superb, and gives an awesome performance as a guy who is essential a good man that slowly falls apart and ends up in pieces. The world chews him up and spits him out and Penn captures it brilliantly.

I'd definitely take 90 minutes of your life to watch it, even if it is a bit of an awkward and uncomfortable watch simetimes due to Penn making the man, and his demise, so real.

Micael Clayton - 1/10 - boring as fuck - don't know how Tilda Swinton won an Oscar.

Blood Diamond - 7/10, good film with good action sequences, spoilt by Leo's jarg Zimbabwean accent.

Dead Man's Shoes - 9/10 - funny as fuck but had a lot of disturbing scenes, Gary Stretch looks like George Michael.

Michael Clayton n/a - tried to watch this 3 times and always fell asleep

Knocked up 6/10 - silly as fuck but a couple of funny moments especially with the bouncer outside the club. A Seth Rogan vehicle.

Superbad 1/10 - title says it all.

The Passion of the Christ 7/10 - ultra violent but i'm sure crucifixions were horrendous parades of torture. Don't remember there being an earthquake after Jesus dies on the cross and the final shot in the tomb is ridiculous. apart from that had every part of the story as I was taught it.

This week I was mostly watching:

The Flying Scotsman - very watchable and likeable account of the scottish nemesis to Chris Boardman and all his troubles. 7.5/10

United 93 - fuck me, very compelling account. But with Greengrass at the helm I expected it. 8/10

Near Dark - 80's vampire film hasnt aged at all. Quite brilliant. 8/10

Also, Blood Diamond - 7.0003/10. It was a harrowing story, and a very noble subject matter to tackle, but there were plot holes aplenty; the amount of times entire villages got wiped out save for Leonardo and all other characters relevant to the plot began to recall Rambo III by the end.

Just finished watch Black Book for the first time. I meant to go and see it at the cinema then forgot, then couldn't arsed to change my address at the video shop, so when it turned up on film 4 a few weeks ago I taped it, finally watched it today. Anyway I digress.

I thought it was excellent, really impressed with the Dutch dialogue and how that never interupted my enjoyment of the film. Really pleasing to see a war film that centred on the typically unseen side of the war. Bit slow to start, but really ended up enjoying the time taken and detail shown. Shot really well, good acting and nice detailing of occupied Holland.

All in all gets 8 and half RJ stars out of ten.

There will be blood 3/10 - too long and over hyped, fucking pap.

The air I breathe 7/10 - decent fillm and Forest Whitaker once again rocks

Cleaner 5/10 - Easy viewing with a decent idea but a bad name and a bad plot

The Big Lebowski 4/10 - not funny... DUDE.

There will be blood 3/10 - too long and over hyped, fucking pap.

The air I breathe 7/10 - decent fillm and Forest Whitaker once again rocks

Cleaner 5/10 - Easy viewing with a decent idea but a bad name and a bad plot

The Big Lebowski 4/10 - not funny... DUDE.

Dude, I rank The Big Lebowski as one of my all time favs. Gutted.

Watched Stranger Than Fiction last night or Saturday can't remember, and really enjoyed it, thought the plot was good and I liked Emma Thompson manic author character. Thought Will Ferrell was good in a more serious role, even though he played an eccentric character. Good cameo from Mr Hoffman too. And finally Maggie Gyllenhall (sp) is one foxy chick in that film. 8/10 for me.