You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last film you watched...

Elite

American Gangster 7/10: it felt like a three and a half hour film that had had an hour arbitrarily lopped off it. I still don't know who the Asian bloke with the 'tache was and Josh Brolin's character was criminally under-used. There's a great film left on the cutting room floor somewhere, I reckon.

Arrogant cock end. We'd be playing to 2 or 3 hundred people at some shit venue like Joseph's Well in Leeds, and he'd be swaggering around with some bird on his arm like he was fucking Jim Morrison and would actually turn around if you tried to engage in conversation.

When he was on stage with his band 10,000 things he used to roll around on the floor like he was wasted on smack. He was sober as a judge. The only thing worse than being a smacked up rock and roller is pretending to be one.

I badly wanted this film to be a massive fucking flop. Gutted.

Watched First Descent tonight. Did see some clips earlier, but just watched the whole film.

Some really great footage there, but the downside is they try to make snowboarding bigger than it is, which bored the fuck out of me. It's deffo not Oscar material, but it's worth a watch for Hakonsens first descent alone, if you haven't seen it.

We watched Atonement the other week and I was disappointed. However, I think that was more to do with Ian McEwan "too clever for its own good" plot than anything else. It looks amazing as a film and the single edit steadicam shot of the beach at Dunkirk was incredible. However, the whole thing just pissed me off. It wasn't charming or thought provoking; it was just clever. Clever for clever's sake is usually shit and this was no exception.

We watched Atonement the other week and I was disappointed. However, I think that was more to do with Ian McEwan "too clever for its own good" plot than anything else. It looks amazing as a film and the single edit steadicam shot of the beach at Dunkirk was incredible. However, the whole thing just pissed me off. It wasn't charming or thought provoking; it was just clever. Clever for clever's sake is usually shit and this was no exception.

I despise the cunt. Most over-rated author of the last 25 years. "Clever for clever's sake"- read The Child In Time. I had images of the fella sitting back stroking his chin saying "I'm so clever aren't I" when he finished it, when in fact, it said fuck all about anything.

Anyways, I watched The U.S Vs John Lennon yesterday. I'd give it 8/10. It was pretty well structured and the contributions from the likes of Tariq Ali, Gore Vidal and Ron Kovics were pretty good. It felt a bit rushed towards the end as I felt it still had another half hour in it, but it was still pretty good.

Vantage Point - 5/10 Pretty, pretty bad (said in the voice of Larry Davis). The different 'vantage points' made the movie feel twice as long and not even Forest Whitaker could save this flop.

Gone baby gone - 9/10 I really liked this. I wasn't really expecting a great deal and so only just got around to watching it. Casey Affleck isn't a bad actor and Omar from the wire makes an appearance.

Been watching a few films lately but one that stood out was Gangs Of New York. I wasn't expecting that. Just thought it'd be another mafia or hood type film but nothing of the sort.

Abitover8probablycloserto9forthewayitwasdoneandthefactthatDiCapriowasn'tannoyingbutactuallygood /10

Gone baby gone - 9/10 I really liked this. I wasn't really expecting a great deal and so only just got around to watching it. Casey Affleck isn't a bad actor and Omar from the wire makes an appearance.

I agree, I wasn't expecting it to be that good but I had heard some good things about it and it turned out to be really good. Id probably give it an 8, who would of thought Ben Affleck could direct so well.

Been watching a few films lately but one that stood out was Gangs Of New York. I wasn't expecting that. Just thought it'd be another mafia or hood type film but nothing of the sort.

Abitover8probablycloserto9forthewayitwasdoneandthefactthatDiCapriowasn'tannoyingbutactuallygood /10

Christ mate, I couldn't disagree more. I thought it was confused and overly-long piece of shit; one of Scorsese's worst.

Planet Terror - Surprisingly watchable and fun gore fest 7/10

The lead is sexy as fuck too, especially with one leg.

I can't quite get myself to watch Tarantinos effort though.

I'm the opposite TK, sorry I mean Thants. I saw Deathproof and liked it but could not stand Planet Terror, I found the effects too irritating.

Last film I saw was Drillbit Taylor, pleasant and inoffensive enough, unspectacular 5/10. Probably lost a mark as I was stupid enough to pay £7.50 for it

Atonement was okay.

I remember seeing the trailer before Transformers (ahem) and thinking how utterly tiresome it looked, so I had NO interest in seeing it.

Then the hype and awards happened, so I felt I probably ought to watch it.

It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be when I saw the trailer, but equally not as good as the hype and awards suggested.