You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

and that's why we'll never win the league under rafa..

Barrington Womble

rafa is too fucking smart for his own good. with these shit teams, just pick your best team, in your regular formation and you'll piss it. but he can't help but fuck about. we have to accept under rafa we'll be nothing but a cup side.

right i'm off to bed to get some kip before the fight later.

Fuck off you knobhead. Torres, Crouch, Gerrard, Carra, Reina, Mascherano... What are you going to cry about? Sissoko getting a start?

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You may be right mate. The lad I was watching the game with tonight described our perforamce as chaotic. We were all over the place, the midfield was virtually non-existent and the front 3(?) were isolated. The substitution of Gerrard was the final act of madness.

Um... Gerrard substituted himself. The board called for Hobbs/Babel swap but Gerrard came off.

Fuck off you knobhead. Torres, Crouch, Gerrard, Carra, Reina, Mascherano... What are you going to cry about? Sissoko getting a start?

i love these internet hardmen. i'd love to see you call me a nobhead down the pub after the match.

433, voronin and crouch not seeming to understand their role in the new formation, 2 defensive midfield players, strange subs? is that enough for you? cock.

Oh for fucks sake. I just can't be bothered reading through this entire thread.

Their penalty was OUTSIDE THE BOX.

Torres was plainly, clearly, and unambigiously TRIPPED INSIDE THE BOX. Not given.

Sissoko at the end of the first half looked like he was bundled over. Lets call that 50-50.

Torres in the second half, bearing down on goal. He was pushed, then the defender fell over his legs, practically doing a classic rugby ankle-tap. Still not given.

Crouch's shirt was tugged back when he was going to knock in a cross. Not much, but very similar (in terms of shirt contact) to the penalty we conceded against Portsmouth.

We hit the bar twice.

So, in conclusion. We rested some players, and took some key players off early to protect them. We had 4 clean penalty decisions go against us (and one half decision). We hit the bar twice.

Yeah - obviously we're shit, Rafa doesn't have a clue, we're never going to win the League, etc, etc.

Yawn .....

Oh for fucks sake. I just can't be bothered reading through this entire thread.

Their penalty was OUTSIDE THE BOX.

Torres was plainly, clearly, and unambigiously TRIPPED INSIDE THE BOX. Not given.

Sissoko at the end of the first half looked like he was bundled over. Lets call that 50-50.

Torres in the second half, bearing down on goal. He was pushed, then the defender fell over his legs, practically doing a classic rugby ankle-tap. Still not given.

Crouch's shirt was tugged back when he was going to knock in a cross. Not much, but very similar (in terms of shirt contact) to the penalty we conceded against Portsmouth.

We hit the bar twice.

So, in conclusion. We rested some players, and took some key players off early to protect them. We had 4 clean penalty decisions go against us (and one half decision). We hit the bar twice.

Yeah - obviously we're shit, Rafa doesn't have a clue, we're never going to win the League, etc, etc.

Yawn .....

ISR for the win.

4-3-3 with Crouch and Voronin on the wing is crazy.

True. Plain crazy.

I would like to say that what Barry Wom has posted is what the majority of Away Liverpool supporters feel.

Great post's Barry. Its a shame about the "head in the sands,brigade".

WE WILL NEVER WIN THE LEAGUE UNDER THIS NEGATIVE MANAGER

Not sure it was his negativity this time. Just a bad decision to change the system to suit the players he wanted to use. I'm sure if Pennant had been available we'd have gone 442.

Crouch and Sissoko played a shocker... Plain out. It was like it was 9 v 11 since the start.

And... La la la... Internet Hardman. If you are being a knob then expect it. Rafa is the best we are going to have in charge.

and as i said, you wouldn't be so open with your gob down the pub. it's easy being brave behind a keyboard.

i love these internet hardmen. i'd love to see you call me a nobhead down the pub after the match.

433, voronin and crouch not seeming to understand their role in the new formation, 2 defensive midfield players, strange subs? is that enough for you? cock.

I wish everyone on here would treat the forum like a conversation in the pub, things would be a lot different.

I'm not going to bother catching up on the rest of the thread because I'm sure it's just arguments. We got beat today and it really was shite but we move on.

Christmas shopping complete - check

Lovely clear Oregon winter sunshine - check

Multiple drinks to ease the shopping experience - check

Mayweather V Hatton PPV ordered - check

Bucket of ice - check

Fresh orange -check

Vannila Stoli* - check

Case of Full Sail Amber - check

Girlfriend picking up Pizza - check

Life is fucking good, can't wait for this fight. I hope Hatton wins but more importantly I'm hoping for a great entertaining fight.

Enjoy!

*everyone should try vanilla vodka and orange, really nice chaser

what a fucking disgrace. we're conned by the fucking ref and then have to put up with this shit? have a go at rafa all you like, but he wasn't to blame today. no fucking way.

I agree 100 %.

If the totally inept referee (or should I say his linesmen, as they seemed to call the shots yesterday) had got the three penalty decisions right, we'd been 3-0 up before their first goal.

Then everyone in here had been creaming themselves over our strength in depth.

And it's funny how rotation is only an issue, when we're losing, not when we're hammering teams all over the place as we've done for a few weeks.

To be honest, I don't know how much of today was about saving players for europe, except perhaps the subs when we were chasing the game. I just think Rafa sees far too much in shit teams like reading and comes up with all kinds of mad ideas to help counteract some threat or other he sees - but doing that (like playing the 433 today) can take more away from our team than the benefit it gains in negating this threat he sees. I just don't think he can help himself, I think he needs to piss about and change things from time to time, it's in his nature - and we don't appear to have the players who are tactically astute enough to cope with those changes.

In the absence of a better explanation from Rafa about why he does everything he does, I don't think there's any alternative to seeing things that way.

Ifitadinabinfa dat fuggin ref and linesman....now where have i heard that before?

Sometimes the refs decisions changes the outcome of games, as in the Chelsea game earlier this season. (Or the derby, now we're talking the Blues).

I feel very strongly that was the case yesterday as well.

It wasn't pnalties for the 2 challenges on Torres. The one by Carra was wrong in the extreme, but that was 1 mistake. LFC fucked up, lets not pin this on anyone else, because it wasn't their fault.

We'll never agree on that, then. Especially the first was as blatant as they come.

For the second one you could argue, that Torres would lose the ball anyway, but we'll never know as the defender took him down from behind without getting a touch on the ball.

I'm going to have a moan now, fuck it if you can't let rip on an internet forum where can you?

1. rotation

I have ZERO problem with rotation NONE but it has to make sense and it shouldn't be wholesale then it becomes change for change sake. for instance kewell and babel were on the bench, are both of them going to start midweek? no, so why not start one of them.

our starting line up played directly into reading's hands.

2. system and formation

change the players but for ffs dont change the system.

rafa pickeds three strikers in a 4-3-3 two of which are dog slow and were asked to provide for the striker with pace you have to assume it was 4-3-3 because if were 4-4-2 with babel and kewell on the bench then that is nonsensical. the midfield had momo and masherano in the midfield and crouch and voronin on the flacks, I'm sorry but that is handing incentive to reading to come forwards and asking us to defend with an inexperienced center back.

have a system and then pick players for that system they will take the game to the opposition home or away.

3. 'take one game at a time'

when rafa is being interviewed he always says he is focused on the coming game if the interview tries to draw him on questions on future games, well take your own advice rafa, the starting line had midweek in in mind the subs had midweek in mind, so much for taking it one game at a time. we know the importance of the midweek game but we still had a LEAGUE game to play, the bread and butter, the competition we have won in over 17 years.

we went into that game six points behind manu and five behind chelsea and sven points behind arsenal with them still to play this game was just as important as the manu game both games are worth 3 points.

its like everytime we build up a head of steam, the derby game, the bolton game its like rafa is hellbent on making as many changes as possible to disrupt the flow and momentum.

We'll never agree on that, then. Especially the first was as blatant as they come.

For the second one you could argue, that Torres would lose the ball anyway, but we'll never know as the defender took him down from behind without getting a touch on the ball.

wasn't a penalty, remember the henchoz challenge in the worthy cup final 2001 where he took out the brum player but replays showed he got a toe to the ball first.

you can fairly judge there was no why on this earth the ref saw the reading player get a toe on the ball but the fact remains it was the correct decision.