You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The weather

DT

32 minutes ago, DJLJ said:

Got woken up to the 6th power cut in 24 hrs and there is another, though less severe wind warning for tomorrow Sunday. Fuck sake. 

There is a little village called Banks, just north of Southport, which has averaged over 2 power cuts per week since before Xmas and the power companies seemed baffled. I'd be fucking fuming.

1 hour ago, DJLJ said:

Got woken up to the 6th power cut in 24 hrs and there is another, though less severe wind warning for tomorrow Sunday. Fuck sake. 

There is, surprisingly, a positive side to this situation, in that the power appears to have been restored quite quickly following each of the five previous power cuts. A testament to the hard-working leccy crews working their collective bollocks off. An unenviable job in the circumstances, so hats off to them.

4 minutes ago, Chocoholic said:

There is, surprisingly, a positive side to this situation, in that the power appears to have been restored quite quickly following each of the five previous power cuts. A testament to the hard-working leccy crews working their collective bollocks off. An unenviable job in the circumstances, so hats off to them.

I am in awe of them. Going out there, while the storm is still raging takes some doing. working round the clock so that I can rant on here about it. 

Sadly one of them got killed yesterday while doing his job. Another tree fell down and hit him. Guy in his 50’s. 
https://m.independent.ie/irish-news/storms/storm-eunice-i-prayed-wed-be-safe-wife-of-tragic-council-worker-killed-by-falling-tree-41358048.html

• Upvote 1

I got woke up by a gust of wind at about 4 am, a really strong one, thought the roof was coming off to be honest.

Couldn't get back to sleep so just lay there listening to it which goes to show how loud it was because I didn't have my hearing aids in.

The school where my daughter works is closed for the safety of the children and staff, as are both local High schools, but the dickhead Head of the school where my Mrs works is insisting that the school remains open.

Mrs has just rang me to say that there are branches down on the path that leads to the school and my daughter has decided to keep the kids off.

I don't think she'll be the only one.

The wind seems much worse here than it was the other day though where I thought we got off pretty lightly 

33 minutes ago, Harry's Lad said:

I got woke up by a gust of wind at about 4 am, a really strong one, thought the roof was coming off to be honest.

Couldn't get back to sleep so just lay there listening to it which goes to show how loud it was because I didn't have my hearing aids in.

The school where my daughter works is closed for the safety of the children and staff, as are both local High schools, but the dickhead Head of the school where my Mrs works is insisting that the school remains open.

Mrs has just rang me to say that there are branches down on the path that leads to the school and my daughter has decided to keep the kids off.

I don't think she'll be the only one.

The wind seems much worse here than it was the other day though where I thought we got off pretty lightly 

Same here in Cheshire. Eunice wasn't as bad as Franklin appear to be. Quite disconcerting watching the large tree that's 10 foot away from you sway like a blade of grass when you rush past it.   

Agree with the chaps above, last night was way worse than the so-called big storm last week, and the total dearth of coverage in the media leads me to deduce that perhaps it was not severe in the southern half of England.

Funnily enough though I had the best night's sleep I had in ages.

9 minutes ago, Strontium said:

Agree with the chaps above, last night was way worse than the so-called big storm last week, and the total dearth of coverage in the media leads me to deduce that perhaps it was not severe in the southern half of England.

Funnily enough though I had the best night's sleep I had in ages.

I was really looking forward to bed because when there is a storm outside I normally sleep like a log! Complete opposite last night though 

Living on a rock in the middle of the Irish sea , we're fairly used to windy weather but last night was pretty fucking rough from 10 onwards . Took a nice big tree down in the garden , was thinking of getting rid anyway so not too arsed. Didn't particularly enjoy chopping the fucker up though

On 19/02/2022 at 12:01, sir roger said:

There is a little village called Banks, just north of Southport, which has averaged over 2 power cuts per week since before Xmas and the power companies seemed baffled. I'd be fucking fuming.

Someone is running a canabis farm within the village. Apparently it's a classic sign of one Roger, repeated, frequent power cuts. Wonder if the locals can smell the skank?

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, dockers_strike said:

Someone is running a canabis farm within the village. Apparently it's a classic sign of one Roger, repeated, frequent power cuts. Wonder if the locals can smell the skank?

Roger says he'd be fuming, but everyone in Banks seems pretty chilled out.

• Upvote 2