You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Sparta Prague (H) - EL R16, 2nd leg - Thu 14th Mar 2024 (8:00pm)

Trumo

1 minute ago, El Rojo said:

Am I alone in wanting Adrian to start? As Sunday showed, goalkeeping injuries aren't uncommon, particularly given how much teams play out from the back now and we're utterly dependent on Kelleher for the forseeable future. 

If Adrian's the next in line, it would be useful if he wasn't utterly rusty if we do need him at some point. 

I fully appreciate that this isn't ideal. 

Good shout that but wonder if it’s best keeping kelleher in to just keep building that confidence up

1 minute ago, El Rojo said:

Am I alone in wanting Adrian to start? As Sunday showed, goalkeeping injuries aren't uncommon, particularly given how much teams play out from the back now and we're utterly dependent on Kelleher for the forseeable future. 

If Adrian's the next in line, it would be useful if he wasn't utterly rusty if we do need him at some point. 

I fully appreciate that this isn't ideal. 

Depends on the strength of the rest of team for me.  Sparta aren’t mugs and could have scored at least three in the first leg. If we field Adrian and a team of kids, an early goal for them could lead to a very uncomfortable night and objectively this game is as important as Sunday’s.  So if we’re fielding, say, three kids I’d play Adrian but if it’s four or more I wouldn’t. 

I think its going to be a mix of kids and first teamers. 

There is no way that Klopp doesnt want to win this and also players who are coming back from injury need to get mins under their belt. 

Kelleher

Robbo

Quansah

VVD/Gomez 45 each

Tsimikas

Mcdonnel

Clarke

Dom

Salah

Gapko

Koumas

• Upvote 2

I think we’ll start off reasonably strong and make changes as the game progresses.

I think VVD will start alongside Quansah, VVD to do 45 mins and then Gomez replaces him. Bradley & Tsmiskas at full back. Be good if Nallo could make his debut.

Szoboszlai should start and do 60 mins, he was rusty on Sunday. I think Clarke & McConnell alongside although wouldn’t surprise me if it’s only 1 of them and Endo / Mac Allister both do a half each.

Salah should to start and do 60 mins as well. Gakpo & Danns / Gordon alongside them.

18 hours ago, Lee909 said:

I'd agree but we don't really have much choice to play him or Bradley. We don't have anyone registered according to the reports on the squad from last week and I'm not sure you can ammend the squads between games, though I could be wrong 

Apparently Danns hasn't travelled as still dealing with concussion protocols

The B list we put in is the youth players and we registered

GK

Marcelo Pitaluga (out on loan),

Fabian Mrozek

Def

Luke Chambers (out on loan),

Jarell Quansah,

Conor Bradley,

callum Scanlon(injured)

Mid

Harvey Elliott,

Stefan Bajcetic,

James McConnell,

Fwd

Lewis Koumas,

Thomas Hill,

Kaide Gordon,

Jayden Danns,

Mateusz Musialowski,

Melkamu Frauendorf. 

I think I've seen one goal that Musialowski scored in an Academy game and it was fucking brilliant. As I've seen nothing else, I'm going to extrapolate that he does it all the time; therefore I hope he gets a run out.

40 minutes ago, manwiththestick said:

Can we just forfeit and take a 3 nil loss?

Haha, I looked that up. Any team who forfeit a fixture get kicked out of the competition. Would be funny as fuck taking a 3-0 loss for not playing and going through anyway.

4 hours ago, Scott_M said:

I think we’ll start off reasonably strong and make changes as the game progresses.

I think VVD will start alongside Quansah, VVD to do 45 mins and then Gomez replaces him. Bradley & Tsmiskas at full back. Be good if Nallo could make his debut.

Szoboszlai should start and do 60 mins, he was rusty on Sunday. I think Clarke & McConnell alongside although wouldn’t surprise me if it’s only 1 of them and Endo / Mac Allister both do a half each.

Salah should to start and do 60 mins as well. Gakpo & Danns / Gordon alongside them.

Sounds about right to me.  

5 hours ago, Scott_M said:

Don't think Nallo is eligible.

Same with Nyoni.

Think Danns is still out with concussion issue too.

15 hours ago, Dapower said:

Good shout that but wonder if it’s best keeping kelleher in to just keep building that confidence up

On the flip side, we might want to give Adrian some time on the pitch in a low pressure game to shake off the rust and gain some confidence himself. 

Kelleher took a few games to start looking like a decent keeper again, he might not necessarily get injured in this game, but he might in the next, or the one after etc.

So I'd rather his 1st game in almost 2 years be in a dead rubber than in a premier league game. 

16 hours ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

I think I've seen one goal that Musialowski scored in an Academy game and it was fucking brilliant. As I've seen nothing else, I'm going to extrapolate that he does it all the time; therefore I hope he gets a run out.

Isn't he refusing to sign a contract with us and fucking off in the summer. Bollocks to him. Pay Sparta to smuggle him back to Prague in their luggage, chop him up, and dump the pieces in the Vltava.

3 hours ago, Jordy Brouwer said:

Really? How long does a concussion take to heal I thought it was a few days. 

This is an lfc concussion - different beast.

Not 100% sure what the protocol is and maybe he will be available - but last i read he wasn't , albeit a few days back.

On 12/03/2024 at 18:50, manwiththestick said:

Can we just forfeit and take a 3 nil loss?

Fuck that me and my lad have won tickets for the lounge 3 course meal and an open bar , he's driving as well , and you get great seats as well ,  I'd still go if it was the Under 18's which it might well be 

• Upvote 2