You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Questions for the pod

dave u

It's the 12th May 1996, a day after Liverpool's defeat to Man U in the F.A Cup Final, you've travelled back in time with all the football knowledge you have gained since then. Somehow you have got a job as Liverpool's Football Director and have convinced David Moores to spend £15m on players. Which players do you and Roy sign? 

After looking at who we did sign we actually only spend significant money on Paddy Berger. Terrible transfer window. No wonder we struggled to compete. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Kevin D said:

The last podcast I listened to you were moaning about VAR.

As you were bitching at length you zoned in on  a game where you thought it would be trouble, you discussed what happened, got the overview and outcome right but you couldn’t remember the team or the score.

It would have taken you all of 15 seconds to google “Liverpool FA Cup Anfield defeat VAR” and you couldn’t even be arsed doing that.

This is why I fully agree with you.

I remembered who it was afterwards. I think I said it may have been Wolves, but pretty sure now it was West Brom.

I still haven't googled it.

1 hour ago, Vincent Vega said:

Shall I start a discussion thread then or would you lads need more time to absorb it all? I’ve got loads of suggestions and they aren’t necessarily the cup wins. For me the journey under Klopp was every bit as enjoyable as the achievements.

A top five disappointing moments under Klopp might be an interesting little entée before the good stuff as well.

Yeah start a thread, as even if we don't do the pod for a while it's a good thread for on here anyway.

6 minutes ago, dave u said:

I remembered who it was afterwards. I think I said it may have been Wolves, but pretty sure now it was West Brom.

I still haven't googled it.

Yes it was WBA, they beat us 3-2 at Anfield and after some of their goals went in they were chanting “V A R”.

Fair enough not being able to recall that off the top of your head, but if you’re going to make the point would it kill you to make the minimal effort of googling it?

- If you could have followed Liverpool in any decade in our history at the age you are now, which one would you choose?

- Is Xabi Alonso’s recent managerial good performance down to pure look or because he has good coaches covering up for his inadequacies?

- Which one of you is the most racist?

Just now, Reckoner said:

How many times can you fit it the phrases ‘don’t get me wrong’ or ‘now I’m not saying’ into one podcast? 
Don’t get me wrong, I enjoy them.

“If you like” and “it’s almost like a you know when *insert terrible and wrong analogy*

17 minutes ago, Reckoner said:

How many times can you fit it the phrases ‘don’t get me wrong’ or ‘now I’m not saying’ into one podcast? 
Don’t get me wrong, I enjoy them.

Or Dave’s “I don’t disagree, but” and then he 100% fully disagrees with the point just made. 

• Upvote 1

• dave u pinned this topic
2 hours ago, Kevin D said:

Yes it was WBA, they beat us 3-2 at Anfield and after some of their goals went in they were chanting “V A R”.

Fair enough not being able to recall that off the top of your head, but if you’re going to make the point would it kill you to make the minimal effort of googling it?

I didn't know I was going to make it until I made it. 

You are back at the peak of your individual footballing ability (whatever age that was).  You've won a competition to play for Liverpool for any season.  You've got to be on the pitch for at least 75% of game time.

Which season would you pick and what position would you play (you may have to consider who you are ousting!).

• dave u unpinned this topic