You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Questions for the pod

dave u

9 minutes ago, Aventus said:

Rankings of best looking Liverpool players past and present

I’d go:

1)Gini

2) Van Dijk

3)Paddy

4) Ali

Although, I think the parameters would need to be explained and narrowed.

Is it objectively good looking - cheek bones, eyes, extremely luscious hair - or sexy?

They’re two different things.

• Upvote 1

1) Do you think Steven Gerrard deliberately missed the penalty in Hodgson’s last game?

2) As it looks like we’re not getting Andre in January, should we accept Mac in DM, or give Endo the role?

3) Van Dijk was excellent the year after his major injury, not great last year and is boss this year. What do you attribute the fluctuating in form to?

4) Have you ever been to or would you ever go to Boss Night?

5) Everton were deducted 10 points. As amusing and glorious as that is, are you annoyed it didn’t happen last year? Moreover, assuming City eventually get their punishment, do you want retrospective league titles and City relegated?

6) A lot of podcast use the sponsor manscapping.com; is this something you’ve ever engaged in and, if so, should I?

2 minutes ago, Vincent Vega said:

Still waiting on my top 10 moments under Klopp suggestion. 

The problem with this is that it requires research and John B is the only one with enough enthusiasm to do that. Chris might do a bit too, but the rest of us are lazy and relying on memory, and some of us have horrendous memories. 

It would make for a great pod though. What I might do is post a thread on here where you can all list your best ones and then I can pick from that list rather than have to try and remember and do homework.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, dave u said:

The problem with this is that it requires research and John B is the only one with enough enthusiasm to do that. Chris might do a bit too, but the rest of us are lazy and relying on memory, and some of us have horrendous memories. 

It would make for a great pod though. What I might do is post a thread on here where you can all list your best ones and then I can pick from that list rather than have to try and remember and do homework.

The last podcast I listened to you were moaning about VAR.

As you were bitching at length you zoned in on  a game where you thought it would be trouble, you discussed what happened, got the overview and outcome right but you couldn’t remember the team or the score.

It would have taken you all of 15 seconds to google “Liverpool FA Cup Anfield defeat VAR” and you couldn’t even be arsed doing that.

This is why I fully agree with you.

• Upvote 3

Jordy Henderson:

Do you think he regrets his decision to callously and shamefully abandon us on the eve of a new season?

What is his legacy?

What prevented him from attaining the same heights as other great Liverpool legends, such as Salif Diao, Paul Stewart and Christian Poulsen?

I have just had the maddest text from a blue, a good mate, but he’s definitely been at the glue…

It runs like this.

The FA have agreed to the Everton sanction through the independent regulator so that that they can disassociate themselves from the finding when the independent regulator can not get to City and Chelsea. 

This leaves the Premier League looking like they tried and that the IR is toothless and there’s nothing that can be done about the cheating.

The PL will then take back control of its own affairs allowing City, Chelsea and Newcastle, and whoever next, to play international dick swinging with football.

Everton are just collateral damage in this game of 39754332D chess.

1 hour ago, dave u said:

Shall I start a discussion thread then or would you lads need more time to absorb it all? I’ve got loads of suggestions and they aren’t necessarily the cup wins. For me the journey under Klopp was every bit as enjoyable as the achievements.

A top five disappointing moments under Klopp might be an interesting little entée before the good stuff as well.

• Upvote 1

• dave u pinned this topic
  • dave u unpinned this topic