You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

EFL Cup Wed, 9 Nov 20:00 Liverpool vs Derby County

Lee909

Dull game, but positive for a number of players. Kelleher, Bajcetic, Ramsay and Carvalho all good quality talents, but not quite there yet (Kelleher is already a prem level keeper imo, so bit harsh on him there). All more than worth their time in the first team.

Doak is clearly a legit exciting talent, needs a bit more exposure to the patterns of the first team to give him something to fall back on when his individual skill/pace isn't enough. Love seeing him that aggressive though.

Thought Clark looked tidy on the ball as well in the first half. 

Good to see Ox come through, even if his crossing is as brutal as ever.

3 hours ago, MOGLET said:

Gomez should stick to doing tribute shows for mungo jerry

That’s a bit harsh. He hates winters. He’ll be much better In The Summertime, when the weather is fine and he can stretch right up and touch the sky. Probably got women on his mind.

I’ll get me coat.

2 hours ago, Tarwater said:

Doaks will get games, certainly a massive talent. Derby keeper extremely irritating, could do with a slap. Carvalho Diablo the big disappointment for our side.

I know right? Kept saying things like ‘take a decent run up!!’

We cant have that sort of thing at these big matches. It’s blatant coaching!

What is it about English goalkeepers these days? They all want to be Pickford and act like a cocky twat. The officials also stopped giving a fuck about the rules, or at least that linesman did, doing fuck all about Derby's cocky twat of a goalkeeper repeatedly leaving his line before the ball was kicked.

From the sounds of it, a scratch-XI struggled for cohesion and when they did get into good positions, lacked the composure and ruthlessness to make the most of it.

Is the next round going to be played while the World Cup is on, on in the new year?

42 minutes ago, Trumo said:

What is it about English goalkeepers these days? They all want to be Pickford and act like a cocky twat. The officials also stopped giving a fuck about the rules, or at least that linesman did, doing fuck all about Derby's cocky twat of a goalkeeper repeatedly leaving his line before the ball was kicked.

From the sounds of it, a scratch-XI struggled for cohesion and when they did get into good positions, lacked the composure and ruthlessness to make the most of it.

Is the next round going to be played while the World Cup is on, on in the new year?

Immediately after the World Cup, so any players who made it into the later rounds will probably be unavailable.

11 hours ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

And so it came to pass, until the penalties, at least.

Highlight of the evening was a Bad Wool behind me, probably in his early 60s, calling me a selfish cunt for not lowering my scarf during YNWA, which he was filming on his phone.

No judge. No jury. Straight to execution.

• Upvote 2

11 hours ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

Highlight of the evening was a Bad Wool behind me, probably in his early 60s, calling me a selfish cunt for not lowering my scarf during YNWA, which he was filming on his phone.

To be fair, for a lot of people these shit league cup games are the only ones they’ll ever get to. You could see loads filming Tsimikas taking a corner early on looking really excited. 

I always take a picture or two for the times when I’m scrolling back through my phone. 

Filming YNWA at the start is a bad one though, granted.  

12 hours ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

I’d have thrown my ‘Harvey, please give me your shirt’ sign at him. 

• Upvote 1

48 minutes ago, El Rojo said:

I’d have thrown my ‘Harvey, please give me your shirt’ sign at him. 

That is ' the shitness of modern football' summed up in a sentence,or banner more accurately. Who wants a sweaty,mucus stenched,football shirt as a momento from a kid barely out of nappies?

Err,hang on,this thread has suddenly  become amazingly easy to masturbate to.