You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Russia World Cup 18

Bjornebye

Was worried there for a second.  If Fonte going through the forward in the first half wasn't reviewed then Ronaldo can do one.  Keown can fuck off too, never a pen.

Agreed . Keown talking shite and getting hysterical in case VAR isn't working. What would we do without it Martin ?

• Replies 8.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

caveman-writingMemeCenter_1465382010179_

Baltar and Anny Road get together to express their views on women on football.

easytoslip will be along shortly.

Haha not quite mate , it's not sexist at all , it sounds irritatingly shit , what's wrong with saying so? Can't say fuck all these days, especially on here where some try to outdo each other by calling someone racist ,sexist to show how righteous they are

Watching the racing at the moment and the women on there are knowledgeable and good to listening to as opposed to that irritating footy commentary.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I believe in equal opportunities and am not the least bit sexist . Women can be fucking useless , irritating pundits and commentators just as easily as men.  Their lack of direct experience of top flight football can be offset if they have a nice set of norks. 

Haha not quite mate , it's not sexist at all , it sounds irritatingly shit , what's wrong with saying so? Can't say fuck all these days, especially on here where some try to outdo each other by calling someone racist ,sexist to show how righteous they are

Watching the racing at the moment and the women on there are knowledgeable and good to listening to as opposed to that irritating footy commentary.

I think the basis of your opinion being "women commentators are shit" rather than "I find Vicky Sparks irritating" means, yes, it is sexist.  It's not a matter of righteousness at all, it just makes you sound like a bit of a dick.

Its not sexist it is preference. I don't like hearing a woman's voice when watching footy. It feels wrong.

Likewise my car was in for a service last year and I got a hire car.

Put in my destination on the sat nav and some bloke comes on and says in 200 yards turn left.

It was horrible. My car had some Joanna Lumley voice and i had grown quite fond of her.

I had to pull over and spend 1/2 a hour figuring out the settings to get something similar. It was just wrong having some bloke telling me stuff.

I think the basis of your opinion being "women commentators are shit" rather than "I find Vicky Sparks irritating" means, yes, it is sexist. It's not a matter of righteousness at all, it just makes you sound like a bit of a dick.

Bit of a dick eh , haha why because I find something irritating? I bow to your righteousness, but please forgive who the fuck is Vicki Sparks?

YON8wVq.gif

tNBtkqw.gif

There actually was contact in the top one, but it would have been a soft penalty if given. I don't think there was any contact when he fell to the floor just outside the area before that to win the free kick. I do sometimes wonder if referees ask themselves why Pepe is always involved in shithouse moments like the above, because they hardly ever deal with it the way they should.

I have an implicit bias against women and black people. You can check your own implicit bias by googling Implicit Bias Harvard. This makes it harder for me to enjoy listening to women or watching black people unless they're speaking on something they are genuine experts on like child-bearing and in the case of black people, poverty, like on The Wire. I am trying to overcome these biases because that's the way society is going but it's not easy. I usually switch off instead. There's only so many assaults to the amygdala one can take.

The female ex-footballers working on ITV and BBC as studio pundits have already proven themselves the equal of, and in many cases an improvement on, their male counterparts. Purely and simply by giving a shit and doing a bit of research so they actually know what they're talking about.

In terms of game commentators, yes it is different to hear a female voice describing the action, but if your argument is they lack top flight football experience I would ask who the fuck Tiddly, Pearce and the like ever played for?