You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The league 2017/18 - where will we finish?

Captain

League 2017/18  

95 members have voted

1. 1. Where will we finish?

I think our best 11 is good enough to challenge for the title - in an ideal world with no injuries and no fatigue.

However, back to the real world I see us blowing some teams away and struggling with others we should beat (no change there then), but I do think like Moof said we will be better prepared and learnt from mistakes of last season.

I've gone for 3rd but with luck think we could sneak 2nd, would be nice to be challenging come March.

Voted 5th purely as I dont expect us to have any luck injury wise and our defence just isnt good enough.

If we get lucky injury wise and manage the winter period better could definitely see us finishing anywhere from 2nd to 4th but ultimately theres no way that defence is part of a title winning team.

Final vote results, 84 predicted where they think we'll finish this season:

1st:
moof, mattyq, LFC 5 Times, G Richards, GJM, noodles, JustTosh, bizzle10, Saintslfc13, aws, Razoray

2nd:
Tourt, lebron, TK421, pmac

3rd:
DimReaper, fungus, Vincent Vega, suzy, Pidge, Wikus, Jockey, Paul, Anny Road, El Rojo, Gruntfuttock, satansmutt, ianfitz, Colt Seavers, TheBitch

4th:
Captain, Red House, RobG, Shooter in the Motor, Red Dawn, Paulie Dangerously, karl1987, clangers

5th:
aRdja, Ian, Bjornebye, thompsonsnose, Joe Strummer, JoeyJones65, Arl arse, Anubis, Ezo McGribbin, Dante, Karl_b, Aggers Elbow, Number8, Duff Man, an tha, TheDrowningMan, M_B, Brownie, Bobby Hundreds, Jairzinho, Tony Moanero, ngogswilly

6th.
Rorschach08, joe_fishfish, Harry Hole, Strontium Dog, chevettehs, whtwht, deiseach, BCM, sir roger, Hades, Moctezuma, Moo, Marko121, General Dryness, Bridgey, Grinch, KevieG, WayneH, mouse1989

7th.
Doctor Troy

8th or worse.
Kevin D, Special K, Creator Supreme, Herp McDerp

I think our best 11 is good enough to challenge for the title - in an ideal world with no injuries and no fatigue.

However, back to the real world I see us blowing some teams away and struggling with others we should beat (no change there then), but I do think like Moof said we will be better prepared and learnt from mistakes of last season.

I've gone for 3rd but with luck think we could sneak 2nd, would be nice to be challenging come March.

that's very arsenal of you to want to be challenging up till March.

The way we play, 100 mph, injuries are inevitable. That will cost us.

I think United will be stronger and will grind out 1-0 wins whereas last year they drew. Not too sure about City they could win it or go 4th because tactically they will be better and have quality all over the pitch but something is missing.

Arsenal forget it.

Between us and Spurs for forth.

The title is between the two manc teams. We have a chance at third if Spurs' home form continues to slide and Chelsea's squad proves as weak as it looks right now. Heart says we'll get it, head says we'll get injuries and tired players and end up in 5th.

All about the champions league this season anyway. Teams in that actually try and play football and we know what we can do against teams that do that.

• Upvote 1

Premier League : 4th/5th

Champions League quarter finalists...we'll go out something like 7-5 on aggregate and be fucking fuming over our defence being shit.

FA Cup : Depends on the draw - we could go out in the third round or go all the way and lose at Wembley because Moreno does his classic fuck up in a big game.

League Cup : Beat Leicester - semi finals at worst.

• 8 months later...

Final vote results, 84 predicted where they think we'll finish this season:

1st:
moof, mattyq, LFC 5 Times, G Richards, GJM, noodles, JustTosh, bizzle10, Saintslfc13, aws, Razoray

2nd:
Tourt, lebron, TK421, pmac

3rd:
DimReaper, fungus, Vincent Vega, suzy, Pidge, Wikus, Jockey, Paul, Anny Road, El Rojo, Gruntfuttock, satansmutt, ianfitz, Colt Seavers, TheBitch

4th:
Captain, Red House, RobG, Shooter in the Motor, Red Dawn, Paulie Dangerously, karl1987, clangers

5th:
aRdja, Ian, Bjornebye, thompsonsnose, Joe Strummer, JoeyJones65, Arl arse, Anubis, Ezo McGribbin, Dante, Karl_b, Aggers Elbow, Number8, Duff Man, an tha, TheDrowningMan, M_B, Brownie, Bobby Hundreds, Jairzinho, Tony Moanero, ngogswilly

6th.
Rorschach08, joe_fishfish, Harry Hole, Strontium Dog, chevettehs, whtwht, deiseach, BCM, sir roger, Hades, Moctezuma, Moo, Marko121, General Dryness, Bridgey, Grinch, KevieG, WayneH, mouse1989

7th.
Doctor Troy

8th or worse.
Kevin D, Special K, Creator Supreme, Herp McDerp

After months on end, the jury is finally in. Well done, lads!

*pats himself on the back*

The title is between the two manc teams. We have a chance at third if Spurs' home form continues to slide and Chelsea's squad proves as weak as it looks right now. Heart says we'll get it, head says we'll get injuries and tired players and end up in 5th.

All about the champions league this season anyway. Teams in that actually try and play football and we know what we can do against teams that do that.

Kinell not bad

ha what a shout. So do we win number 6?