You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Virgil Van Dijk

Paco

I genuinely believe it was Lovren who leaked the info about Klopps secret meeting with VVD in Blackpool.

I have absolutely no evidence for this other than just a hunch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ha, did it ever come out just how the actual details of these texts were discovered? I remember that little bellend John Cross of the mirror, taking great delight in revealing the contents of what was said, but my conspiracy theory thought process made me think their may have been an element of hacking here and as we were backed into a corner, we decided to keep our mouths shut.

Southampton demanding £75m for VVD after years of us bullying them is like when George McFly finally stands up to Biff in back to the future

Just pay it or part ex Sakho.  We cant go into next season with the same back 4 . An extra 10 mill will seem fuck all when you're watching Mignolet picking the ball out of the net after yet another Lovren brainfart

I wouldn't pay 75m for him. That's outrageous.

So what, transfer fees belong in another reality anyway,  It's not our money and 70 mill will be the norm for squad players in couple of years, Buy the fucker, Keita too and lets at least give ourselves half a chance of winning something

So what, transfer fees belong in another reality anyway, It's not our money and 70 mill will be the norm for squad players in couple of years, Buy the fucker, Keita too and lets at least give ourselves half a chance of winning something

I think they're over a barrel. If we can wait it out and save millions, maybe get him for under 60, we absolutely should. Same with how we've handled Keita. A while ago it was quoted as £80m, now it's 70m euros - the money you want to fling around might well add up to get another player, or maybe a better player. It's not the extra few hundred grand anymore, it's 10s of millions.

I think they're over a barrel. If we can wait it out and save millions, maybe get him for under 60, we absolutely should. Same with how we've handled Keita. A while ago it was quoted as £80m, now it's 70m euros - the money you want to fling around might well add up to get another player, or maybe a better player. It's not the extra few hundred grand anymore, it's 10s of millions.

Our track record of playing hard-ball over transfers is a long running sitcom, 

Clubs with money wanting good players outnumber clubs willing to sell good players, 

This will end badly if we fuck about

So what, transfer fees belong in another reality anyway, It's not our money and 70 mill will be the norm for squad players in couple of years, Buy the fucker, Keita too and lets at least give ourselves half a chance of winning something

It is our money though,as it will be passed onto the fans. Come and get your two new £5 kits for £50 this season,etc,etc.

• Upvote 1

It is our money though,as it will be passed onto the fans. Come and get your two new £5 kits for £50 this season,etc,etc.

They've been doing that for a very long time anyway. Along with the biggest tv deal in history. It's not like we've cut ticket prices whilst not spending much of late, infact they tried to do the opposite.

Its about time the clubs income starting going towards improving the side again. I dont know where its been going the last few years but it's sure as fuck not been there.

They've been doing that for a very long time anyway. Along with the biggest tv deal in history. It's not like we've cut ticket prices whilst not spending much of late, infact they tried to do the opposite.

Its about time the clubs income starting going towards improving the side again. I dont know where its been going the last few years but it's sure as fuck not been there.

From what I can tell, the owners haven't taken a penny out of the club yet. Obviously there's the stadium, etc. But still, you're right. It's to to invest in the team. Wisely.

The owners will make their money when they sell the club, probably for 4x what they bought it for. I don't think they are drawing dividends. I'm sure they have generous expense accounts for anything they do that is remotely club related, but for wealthy people that will be largely irrelevant.

Anyhow, I agree with the notion of spending big on the team now. I would never advocate spending for the sake of it, but we are at a point where we need to push on... or go backwards. To push on we need quality. Salah is a good buy. Solanke is a canny move too, no qualms there as it's low risk and he could surprise a few, but we need a couple more top quality players to go straight into the team with Salah.

Van Dijk and Keita are the ones the manager wants. Unless and until there is no chance whatsoever of signing them we hang in there. I think we will succeed on both counts and sign them up, but as ever, there will be twists and turns because their clubs don't want to sell to us, so we have to be ready for a bit of a battle of wills, which is what is going on.

Since both players seem to want to come here, the odds are in our favour, but we'll still have to pay a ridiculous sum, such is the game today.

Jesus wept, we keep getting this.

If the owners are syphoning off money from the club, you'd think an accountant or investigative reporter would have spotted something by now.