You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Pokemon Go

RedinSweden

Everyone going crazy with this over here too. Little lad commandeered Mrs G's phone most of today and caught loads of them. Not my thing I'm afraid. If it gets people out walking that's good. If it adds to nostalgia for a certain age group that's OK too. Have fun! But not my bag.

I predict they will end up changing the code so you can't catch Pokemon's while driving. Dangerous business that.

Almost ran some pasty teenager over who looked like he had not seen the light of day outside of his parents basement; he was holding up his mobile and stepped off the curb, like it was some honing device.

Like I don't have enough to deal with given that it is Canadian summer for six weeks now and its the only time we get to look at half naked women walking around.

I fucking despair at grown adults being taken in by this infantilising bullshit.

Fucking grow up and leave this state of arrested development that popular culture has allowed you to cultivate.

Doug, as always, is right...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KbfMCLYK4O0

Fucking brilliant

I'll never play it but I think the concept of augmented-reality games is brilliant.

Yeah, I like a bit of AR, but not this shite.

Everyone going crazy with this over here too. Little lad commandeered Mrs G's phone most of today and caught loads of them. Not my thing I'm afraid. If it gets people out walking that's good. If it adds to nostalgia for a certain age group that's OK too. Have fun! But not my bag.

I predict they will end up changing the code so you can't catch Pokemon's while driving. Dangerous business that.

You are too nice G-man.

Couldn't resist. Have downloaded and got Squirtle in the house. The map is showing a bird thing across the road down an alleyway but it's locked and only for people who live there. Off into town later I think, so will see if it works properly outside or not.

Am going to try really hard not to get noticed actually playing. 37 year old man walking around catching pokemon, fuck that. If there's people around where I see anything will just leave it!

Any adult taking part in this shit should be ashamed.

I'm sure there's a lot more shameful things adults around the world are doing apart from playing Pokemon. Trying a game out and not harming anyone in the process really isn't that much of a big deal. Unless you have a manly ego to protect of course, or some other related issue. Always thought Pokemon was daft and for kids really, but am mainly trying this seeing to see how it works, will probably get bored after a while anyway.

Anyway, not getting into arguments on here! Will go to the thread in the other forum later.

I'm sure there's a lot more shameful things adults around the world are doing apart from playing Pokemon. Trying a game out and not harming anyone in the process really isn't that much of a big deal. Unless you have a manly ego to protect of course, or some other related issue.

It's pathetic.