You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Chelsea (A) 31/10/15

smilezzz

Apparently the ONLY reason we won; the ONLY reason mind; was that Lucas wasn't sent off. Why don't interviewers ever challenge that warped, self-serving nonsense? By that reckoning, Mourinho should have been able to forecast the lottery numbers as well, given that he had such certainty and clarity about everything that would have happened, had Lucas got a second yellow.

hes a desperate man,but im sorry when Howard Webb even says that he WOULD'T have sent him off then no non currupt ref would.

We outperformed them in every single aspect of the game yesterday. We put them to sleep after 10min and controlled the game until the end of the first half, culminating in a beautiful goal. That was my favourite part. During the second half, we gave them some space and went for the kill on the counter. The overall statistics of the game depict our dominance in every single area. 

At the moment, they are utter shite, the reptilian has lost the dressing room. Evidence of this is the slow motion defending on Benteke's goal. I have never seen them defend like this. Our striker was allowed to take 3-4 touches in their area before shooting. You can tell when a manager has lost the dressing room. he is waiting for his £20m-30m pay off to leave. Depending on who/when is available.

They are shite, but we are also, very very far from our best and considering our transfer fiascos and key player injuries, that was a magnificent win.

Correct me if I am wrong, but I don't think that Ferguson, Rafa or Wenger have ever beaten the reptilian at the bridge of shame.

• Upvote 2

Mourinho says that the ref's decision to allow Lucas to stay-on cost them the game. That means he is saying that with that team he had playing he could not expect to beat us with 11...at home.

Surely that will raise the eyebrows of his superiors.

At the moment, they are utter shite, the reptilian has lost the dressing room. Evidence of this is the slow motion defending on Benteke's goal. I have never seen them defend like this. Our striker was allowed to take 3-4 touches in their area before shooting. 

I think much of the credit here should go to Lallana for letting the ball run and Benteke's feint. 

Made their defence look silly.

2015-11-0111_29_327orq0.gif

• Upvote 1

Mourinho says that the ref's decision to allow Lucas to stay-on cost them the game. That means he is saying that with that team he had playing he could not expect to beat us with 11...at home.

Surely that will raise the eyebrows of his superiors.

Also - he said it was "impossible" to win after that moment. Wonderful leadership, eh? If anything was ever designed to be a self-serving distraction to mask his own inadequacy and that of his team, it was that statement.

If a Liverpool player isn't interfering with play then he should be.  

What a day that was.  Still absolutely over the moon Brian despite nursing the hangover from hell.  I can't remember seeing such a dominating performance from us against a 'top' side; though clearly they're some way off that right now.  Apart from Milner, who seems to be off the pace mentally and physically, the team played really well.  The defence looked solid, Lucas continued his good run of form, Lallana worked tirelessly and kept them busy, Coutinho's great goals more than made up for what would have been a dodgy performance, and Firmino at least was mobile.  

Special mention for Benteke though - he's been great for us since he arrived.  A fantastic assist and a composed finish - I'm not sure he could believe his luck when the tackles didn't come crashing in, but he certainly makes the difference for us as an attacking force.  I hope he can stay fit for the rest of the season - I fancy him to cause plenty of problems for other teams, to score a hatful of goals, provide a ton of assists, and make space for others to play.

Coutinho gets man of the match for two goals, but I believe Benteke was the man who made the difference for us yesterday.  Well, him and Klopp, obviously. 

• Upvote 3

Special mention for Benteke though - he's been great for us since he arrived. A fantastic assist and a composed finish - I'm not sure he could believe his luck when the tackles didn't come crashing in, but he certain

Coutinho gets man of the match for two goals, but I believe Benteke was the man who made the difference for us yesterday. Well, him and Klopp, obviously.

Absolutely. Benteke put in a seriously impressive performance.

I think he is one of those players who doesn't exactly do anything out of this world put his all-round game is so good. He does the basic stuff (winning the ball, bringing other players into the game, good touch and movement) that he can win games and get the best out of the players around him.

I think he's got a 1 in 2 goal scoring ratio for us so far? Two of those coming against united and Chelsea. Despite not being fully fit and settling in to a new team.

If a Liverpool player isn't interfering with play then he should be.  

What a day that was.  Still absolutely over the moon Brian despite nursing the hangover from hell.  I can't remember seeing such a dominating performance from us against a 'top' side; though clearly they're some way off that right now.  Apart from Milner, who seems to be off the pace mentally and physically, the team played really well.  The defence looked solid, Lucas continued his good run of form, Lallana worked tirelessly and kept them busy, Coutinho's great goals more than made up for what would have been a dodgy performance, and Firmino at least was mobile.  

Special mention for Benteke though - he's been great for us since he arrived.  A fantastic assist and a composed finish - I'm not sure he could believe his luck when the tackles didn't come crashing in, but he certainly makes the difference for us as an attacking force.  I hope he can stay fit for the rest of the season - I fancy him to cause plenty of problems for other teams, to score a hatful of goals, provide a ton of assists, and make space for others to play.

Coutinho gets man of the match for two goals, but I believe Benteke was the man who made the difference for us yesterday.  Well, him and Klopp, obviously. 

I've grown to really like Benteke. I would've preferred us getting Morata or Higuain at the start of the season, as I didn't trust Rodgers with a genuine centre forward. There's no denying that he's been very good for us. 4 goals and 1 assist from 8 games (6 starts) are solid stuff.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

I can't remember seeing such a dominating performance from us against a 'top' side

I know you're getting on, mate, but really? I'll be happy to jog your memory.

I've grown to really like Benteke. I would've preferred us getting Morata or Higuain at the start of the season, as I didn't trust Rodgers with a genuine centre forward. There's no denying that he's been very good for us. 4 goals and 1 assist from 8 games (6 starts) are solid stuff.

I think Higauin's a dud who goes missing when there's something important to play for. Lewandowski would probably cost the same but I think he's twice the striker.

As you say though, impressive start from Benteke. The forgotten goal at Old Trafford was absolutely insane, too.

We outperformed them in every single aspect of the game yesterday. We put them to sleep after 10min and controlled the game until the end of the first half, culminating in a beautiful goal. That was my favourite part. During the second half, we gave them some space and went for the kill on the counter. The overall statistics of the game depict our dominance in every single area.

At the moment, they are utter shite, the reptilian has lost the dressing room. Evidence of this is the slow motion defending on Benteke's goal. I have never seen them defend like this. Our striker was allowed to take 3-4 touches in their area before shooting. You can tell when a manager has lost the dressing room. he is waiting for his £20m-30m pay off to leave. Depending on who/when is available.

They are shite, but we are also, very very far from our best and considering our transfer fiascos and key player injuries, that was a magnificent win.

Correct me if I am wrong, but I don't think that Ferguson, Rafa or Wenger have ever beaten the reptilian at the bridge of shame.

I ve seen them as bad as this when hackman or someone was in charge and Drogba who had singlehandedly destroyed us almost every time we played them was like a kitten. Albeit that was at anfield. First time we ve scored more than 2 at theirs since 89

Missed the game and only saw the goals on MOTD , Can't believe it . Fucking weddings

Truth be told I wasn't to bothered as didn't fancy us at all , Just thought Maureen and Mongo would find a bit of form and do us, especially with no strikers fit, Saw we went a goal down and thought that was it. Got the shock of my life when i saw the final score.

Absolutely brilliant result and something for Klopp to build on. As for Mourinho he's utterly pathetic wallowing in self pity blaming every cunt under the sun for his inability to get a shift out of the rent boys, I think there must be a stand off between him and the Russian who quite rightly doesn't want to give the prick 20 million to fuck off. The league's gone , they ain't going anywhere in the CL and they're out of the CC, May as well let him suffer a bit longer and hope he quits whilst he figures out a replacement, The fans aren't baying for his blood, quite  the opposite, so no real downside in the short term leaving him to squirm.     

• Upvote 1

I think he's got a 1 in 2 goal scoring ratio for us so far? Two of those coming against united and Chelsea. Despite not being fully fit and settling in to a new team.

And despite playing most of those games for a shite team that wasn't set up anything like he would have wanted.