You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Chelsea (A) 31/10/15

smilezzz

There's a video here showing the full match. On 45 mins 30 seconds Moreno is called offside by the touchline, Zouma is 2 yards from the dead ball. Thirty seconds pass, Trevor Francis and co. talk even more shite, Clattenburg is heard to whistle and Begovic is shown finally taking the free-kick. The ref had clearly clocked this as timewasting and added this time onto the original stoppage time.

http://lasthighlight.com/chelsea-vs-liverpool-highlights-full-match/ (click on 1st half)

tl;dr Howard Webb is a cunt

• Upvote 3

Great to watch the vermin leaving straight after our 3rd goal. I hate that club more than any other. Utter scum.

Funny isn't it, I know a couple of mancs with whom I've got enough rapport to have an objective conversation about our respective teams, or about footie in general. Most manc supporters are cunts, like, but they share a glorious history with us. They know what it's like to be right at the top of the tree and to have spent years working to get there. We also share tragedy in our pasts and, like it or not, aside from the fucking disgraceful chanting about us at every game they play, there is a begrudging respect for eachother between some of the fans.

Conversely, I know one or two chelesea supporters but I couldn't begin to have a conversation about football with them as they're nothing more than your archetypal s*n reading, soccer am watching dribbling know-nothing fucktard. I utterly despise everything about that fucking disgrace of a club from top to bottom.

• Upvote 4

Last time we came from a goal down to beat chelsea away.

its like Indian English.

Chelsea 1-3 Liverpool (August 25, 1951)

Liverpool had to hit back against a Chelsea goal at Stamford Bridge and did it with such confidence that when the equalising goal arrived, the game was as good as won, for Chelsea collapsed and became a team of shreds and patches and Liverpool went from strength to strength.

Stamford Bridge is not a happy one so far as Merseyside clubs are concerned, but I was never unduly worried about the result, not even when Chelsea were in the lead.

One has to have spirit in football, not only when on the winning trail. To let slip this vital factor is to hand the initiative to the opposition. This is what Chelsea did.

Liverpool were not world-beaters but they produced the better moves, were calmer under stress and played with a confidence lacking in Chelsea.

The decision of playing Stubbins at centre forward was highly successful. His goal apart he did things which produced football of better quality than we have seen from Liverpool this season. The pass that gave Liddell his goal was perfect. He made many others which were not taken up. The line moved more smoothly without being dynamic.

Billy Liddell

The longer the game went the better Liverpool became and the more Chelsea slumped. I have never seen a team so spiritless after that (Kevin) Baron goal.

Liverpool gained complete mastery and further goals were added by Stubbins and Liddell. Chelsea did try to pull out something in the last ten minutes, but by that time the Liverpool defence held the master cards, and that with Paisley on the left wing with a twisted ankle.

This is not a eulogy on Liverpool greatness, for there are still weaknesses in the attack, but they could do no more than win and two points from an away ground are not to be sniffed at no matter what the opposition.

Laurie Hughes was at his best and completely held down the middle of the field. Chelsea made the vital mistake of slinging the ball down the middle, the worst place imaginable to bring them any success.

Stubbins was a little slow, but he made up for that with astute moves that had the debutant Hughes (from Southport) on the wrong track.

Liverpool’s defence had an easy passage and Ashcroft’s work was considerably eased by his cover. He had a few saves to make, one with his foot that was a shade lucky, but the game for three parts was too one-sided to be interesting.

Liverpool FC team : Charlie Ashcroft, Bill Jones, Steve Parr, Phil Taylor ©, Laurie Hughes, Bob Paisley, Billy Liddell, Kevin Baron, Albert Stubbins, Cyril Done, Ken Brierley.

• Upvote 4

In case you've stopped laughing at them, have a look at the Eenie Stannit website for a clip of a posh twat (a "top lawyer " no less) having a post-match meltdown, before going home to launch a "Twitter rant" against "Scouse scum" - for which he has since issued a squirmy and insincere apology.

My father-in-law sent me the meff's email address. Hmm...

In case you've stopped laughing at them, have a look at the Eenie Stannit website for a clip of a posh twat (a "top lawyer " no less) having a post-match meltdown, before going home to launch a "Twitter rant" against "Scouse scum" - for which he has since issued a squirmy and insincere apology.

My father-in-law sent me the meff's email address. Hmm...

He's come out today claiming it was "heat of the moment" and the like, but he did write this last season (deleted off the Chelsea website but still available in a few places online):

Driver on the Wing’s Weather for Chelsea v Liverpool

BY ADMIN ⋅ MAY 7, 2015 ⋅ POST A COMMENT

FILED UNDER DRIVER, LIVERPOOL, WEATHER

Liverpool at home Sunday 10 May 2015

LiverpoolLiverpool_FA_Cup_2012_2Time changes many things. Society constantly adapts. The way people dress and the way people speak evolves.

London is constantly changing. The city’s architecture is forever developing. Its demography has never stood still. In a short walk around the capital, one cannot fail to see how the skyline is crammed with construction cranes and the pavements filled with people from all over the world.

Change is not new to London but possibly the pace of change is. Areas that have been for decades, rough run down and deprived are now centres of hipster activity and once bohemian parts of town are now gentrified and firmly in the hands of the professional classes.

The language spoken throughout London is also evolving. Take a look at films from the 1940s or 1950s and compare the accents with those that we hear today. The cut glass plummy tones of the upper classes and the cor blimey cockney sounds of normal people have both evolved and will continue to mutate as London evolves. The accents are moving together, blurring in the centre.

Liverpool is not so blessed. In the past it has changed. Changed from a small estuary village to a major international port and then to a relic of the past. The people have also changed. Lancastrian originally and then immigration from Ireland, Wales and the Americas, forged a separate identity.

At one time Liverpool looked outwards to the world and its people reflected that and their accent was derived from many different places.

But today, Liverpool looks only inwards. The accent that it adopted in the 1950s has not gently merged into the more refined accents of the surrounding areas. The accent of the docks is now a more pronounced accent of the dole queue.

As Liverpool has ceased to play a role in the world, so too, its people have ceased to take their culture from that outside world but look, instead, ever inwards.

Scouse as a concept has it origins in fairly recent times. Scouse was truly only identified by linguists as recently as the 1950s. The pop music and poetry, the comedies and dramas of the 1960s and 1970s solidified scouse in the popular imagination and allowed Liverpudlians pride in a city which was suddenly left without a purpose.

Success in the 1970s and 1980s on the football pitch reinforced that pride and left scousers clinging to an idea rather than a reality. Their sense of local pride reinforced an identity and, as a consequence, the nature of scouse, and with it its accent, evolved.

Scouse is one of the only accents, in this day of instant communication, world wide media and travel, that has become stronger and less intelligible. It is as though the people of Liverpool are telling the world that they are content only to communicate with each other. It is as though Liverpool, as a city, is an ostrich with its head firmly placed under the sand trying desperately to ignore the reality of the world that exists outside it.

Liverpool grew to greatness by embracing the world and the influences of the world. It was the European gateway to the New World. Now that that role has been replaced by Heathrow airport, it has turned inwards.

In the same way that gene pools are strengthened by cross fertilisation and are weakened by inbreeding, cities and communities grow strong by accepting external influences and grow weak by ignoring them.

Liverpool, if not its people, is as a city, today, inbred.

A rare beam of light will shine on a chosen few of its population who will, with others claiming allegiance to a city with which they have no connection, will travel to Stamford Bridge for a festival of football and a celebration of success.

Many will have bought their tickets in the hope of witnessing a meltdown similar to the one they saw last year but in reverse. They are already disappointed. They come instead to watch a lap of honour.

And they should do so in the sun.

It will be warm, between 19 and 21 degrees and the wind will blow from the south at around 10mph. There will be some cloud but otherwise the sky like the day will be blue.

The sun will set at around 8:30 pm The moon will be in the last quarter. Pollen from trees could be a problem.

There are a number of people who take exception to my views about flat caps. The elderly gents of Chelsea Fancast, in particular, are up in arms on the subject. Given their age and general infirmity, I suppose we should allow the this one indulgence but I would suggest that Sunday may be a little warm for a tweed cap upon one’s head.

Let’s talk instead of footwear.

White trainers are, I am reliably informed, the footwear of choice for this summer’s young trendy people.

Please note the adjective “young”. Brilliant white trainers on more elderly, or indeed middle aged men, give you the appearance of being a gym master. You know, that somewhat seedy, stale sweaty look that gym masters, dressed always in elasticated tracksuits which gave them an appearance of having been dipped in plastic, used to affect in the 1970s and 1980s. A slightly creepy look made worse by their insistence on going commando. A Jimmy Savile look. A permed hair, shell suit wearing stereo typical scouser look.

Best avoided.

Brown or black shoes or boots are some much better on the more mature gentleman.

Remember, you are Chelsea and Chelsea is style.

Think we can confidently say he's a world-class gobshite.

• Upvote 2

Heat of the moment eh ? Hmmmm

Top lawyer exposed as hate-filled Chelsea fan appears to be behind blog describing Scousers as 'inbred'

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/top-lawyer-exposed-hate-filled-10394899

For anybody who wants to contact this shithouse, here's his work number etc'.

http://whoswholegal.com/profiles/59493/0/o'connell/clive-oconnell/

• Upvote 1

He is a prick and also clueless.

For example,the scouse accent has changed since the 1950s. Anybody born in the city before 1974,myself included,was born in Lancashire whereas after April 1st 1974 Merseyside became its own county. No doubt this has played a part in the evolution of the city and accent.

Bit thick for a lawyer,if you ask me.