You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

January Transfer Window 2016

aRdja

Phil Thompson has described Ryan Shawcross as "absolutely ideal" for Liverpool and has urged Jurgen Klopp to sign him.[/b]

Cunt.

I've wanted Shawcross since Hodgson was manager, he's a beast of a defender and doesn't get as much credit as he should because he plays for an unfashionable club.Id happily take him and think the deal should have been done years ago.

With all these players we've recalled from loans why hasn't Wisdom been brought back, he hasn't been getting much games and Norwich have signed another rb in January.I thought it was a strange deal in the summer as anytime I had saw Norwich in the championship Whittaker their rb was their most impressive player.

• Downvote 1

I've wanted Shawcross since Hodgson was manager, he's a beast of a defender and doesn't get as much credit as he should because he plays for an unfashionable club.Id happily take him and think the deal should have been done years ago.

With all these players we've recalled from loans why hasn't Wisdom been brought back, he hasn't been getting much games and Norwich have signed another rb in January.I thought it was a strange deal in the summer as anytime I had saw Notwich in the championship Whittaker their rb was their most impressive player.

Fuck off Brendan

Ayre bids what the club allows him to, if we miss out on a player blame the committee or the owners.Judging by what he's done before and since he's joined the club Ayre sounds like someone who is very good at negotiating in meetings, I've always liked him as he has done his job well and has proved he's a true red by putting the clubs interests ahead of his own when he played his part in getting rid of the last American owners.

• Downvote 4

Ayre:"ten million and one peseta"

Barca:"No"

Ayre: "ten million and two pesetas"

Barce:"No"

Etc

Ayre bids what the club allows him to, if we miss out on a player blame the committee or the owners.Judging by what he's done before and since he's joined the club Ayre sounds like someone who is very good at negotiating in meetings, I've always liked him as he has done his job well and has proved he's a true red by putting the clubs interests ahead of his own when he played his part in getting rid of the last American owners.

How does he negotiate then? "The owners say ten million" barca reject it he goes back to the owners to tell them barca said no.

He should have jumped on his sword when you left brendan. He knows Asia, must have a sword.

Shawcross is a fucking yard dog,one step up from Olsson and Huth

If we never sign another English player again I'll be over the moon. All either overpriced and bog average like Henderson and Leillana, outright shite like Downing, or have a shit attitude like Sterling and Sturridge.

Give me a team of Marcus Babels with a Titi - plays when his dad's just died and doesn't start crying cos he's strained a finger - Camara up front.

England is a third rate football power. This is the last league we should look for recruits.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Shawcross is nothing special IMO, probably would be an improvement on what we have but he doesn't even get called up for international duty. Given how shite the current England team are he must have serious flaws in us game if he can't get in the current England squad.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Viktor Fagerström ‏@ViktorFagerLFC 47s48 seconds ago

Shakhtar coach Lucescu: "I don’t want to keep Alex Teixeira against his desire. He wants to play in a big championship." #LFC

Viktor Fagerström ‏@ViktorFagerLFC 48s49 seconds ago

Shakhtar coach Lucescu: "Our president knows when it is the time for Alex Teixeira to go." #LFC

Viktor Fagerström ‏@ViktorFagerLFC 40s41 seconds ago

Shakhtar coach Lucescu: "Teixeira’s worth €50m (£38m). Incredible, very fast, very good technique. Every year he gets better & better." #LFC

Viktor Fagerström ‏@ViktorFagerLFC 23s23 seconds ago

Shakhtar coach Lucescu: "Alex Teixeira can be at the same level, better even (than Di Maria). He doesn’t get injured." #LFC

Honestly, we need this guy. The team has so little quality