You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Europa League - Liverpool v Rubin Kazan

Paco

There needs to be more songs, it's embarrasing that they have to rehash the same song about 10 times per game. Fields of Anfield road, Livvverpoooll, Sakho, When the reds go marching in over and over again.

A lot of our old songs dont fly either these days...they are great on a coach or in an ale house but are too long and wordy in the ground and fade away.

Every other saturday

The reds are coming up the hill

Poor scouser tommy

Liverbird

For example - or just never sung like 'we hate nottingham forest'

Or come on you mighty reds...

Just watched the highlights on ITV. Some poor defending from Clyne and Can not tracking back in the first half. But it looked like we played generally well but lacked firepower.

Nice bit of snide commentary at the end. At over the allotted three minutes injury time showed a few people leaving while saying "looks like they've had enough." Turned over before the Hoddle/McLeish analysis as I'd probably boot the telly.

Screen_Shot_2015_10_22_at_22_44_44.png

We only have a point on the two below us. We needed the win tonight and it's fucking annoying that we couldn't get that against a 10 man crap team. One of those below us beats the other and then it gets interesting.

Us beating Kazan over there is far, far from certain.

We are probaby in trouble now. Only 1 home game left as well.

I thought that was great. The players gave their all and thats all you can ask for at the end of the day. Yes we should of won, but the pressing in the first 15 minutes was superb and we battered them the whole game. I think it was something like 30 shots on goal and 70% possession.

Replace Origash with Sturridge and it would of been over by half time.

Averigi

• Upvote 2

I thought that was great. The players gave their all and thats all you can ask for at the end of the day. Yes we should of won, but the pressing in the first 15 minutes was superb and we battered them the whole game. I think it was something like 30 shots on goal and 70% possession.

Replace Origash with Sturridge and it would of been over by half time.

Averigi

Just watched the highlights on ITV. Some poor defending from Clyne and Can not tracking back in the first half. But it looked like we played generally well but lacked firepower.

Nice bit of snide commentary at the end. At over the allotted three minutes injury time showed a few people leaving while saying "looks like they've had enough." Turned over before the Hoddle/McLeish analysis as I'd probably boot the telly.

No mention of the fact city can't sell out against good CL sides at 25 quid a ticket no doubt.

Us beating Kazan over there is far, far from certain.

We are probaby in trouble now. Only 1 home game left as well.

They can't park the bus at home and we will have a few players back. I don't think we are in trouble yet but we need to win our next game. 

A lot of our old songs dont fly either these days...they are great on a coach or in an ale house but are too long and wordy in the ground and fade away.

Every other saturday

The reds are coming up the hill

Poor scouser tommy

Liverbird

For example - or just never sung like 'we hate nottingham forest'

Or come on you mighty reds...

there ll be new songs once the football improves.

A disappointing result.

But Brendan's legacy is a team ranked 54th in Europe, sandwiched between FC Genk and APOEL. Klopp has a job on his hands

I think FC Genk are have some outstanding individuals. APOEL have a wonderful group of technicians at their disposal as well, so we need to fight every day of our lives and show tremendous character to finish above them.

• Upvote 1

We'll get better when Henderson and Sturridge are back. Jury's out on how much Firmino and Benteke will improve us. But we still need some quality signings in the summer if we want to challenge for a top 4 place next season.

So, has everyone already given up on top 4 this season?

It's October, you shower of fannies.

• Upvote 1

This all Teeth's fault. Spent £20M trying to replace our best centreback and left Skrtel without competition. Spent £25M trying to replace our best playmaker. Spent £32.5M on a target-man lump that doesn't suit any top team after signing one the previous season and not playing him. Loaned out of our only two wingers. Signed a 29 year old winger to be our midfield general and made him the highest earner at the club. Klopp will do well to finish ahead of Spurs with this mess. 

• Upvote 2

Poor result but some encouraging signs that things are starting to turn. Some good pressing and a very dominant display, just lacking the finish.

It will be interesting to see what happens with Benteke and Sturridge as the season unfolds. I think Ings and Origi will be here next season, but I suspect only one of Sturridge/Benteke will. I think the rest of the season is an audition to see who will stay. Will Sturridge ever put a good run of games together and show Klopp what he can do? Will Benteke make his mark here? You get the feeling Klopp will bring another striker in next season. And central midfielder. And central defender.

In the meantime lets see what they are made of. Top four is nowhere near gone yet and I'm as intrigued as the next fan with how this season will pan out. Klopp has a lot of work to do, but he strikes me as just the sort to relish the challenge.

• Upvote 1