You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Better Call Saul

Elite

Guest Numero Veinticinco

i am certainly looking forward to season 2, but not with the excitement i was for season 1.

Opposite for me. I'm much more looking forward to season 2 now I've seen season 1.

Loved the show, excellent scripted, beautifully acted especially the relationship between Jimmy and Chuck.  

If I have a minor criticism (and it is minor) did anyone find some of the montage scenes went on a bit too long ?  Especially in 'Marco'.

Started very well but tailed off towards the last couple of episodes. Still very good but trying to make the characters appear younger-as its obviously a prequel- is really a stretch. Mike would have been in a retirement home in Breaking Bad and Bob Odenkirk(Saul/Jimmy) would have a Bobby Charlton combover by the time he met Walter White.

• 6 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Subtext, character development, contemplation.

Ah, I see. I should watch it as if I was studying it for a media studies dissertation and not judge it on the basis of whether it entertains me or not. And if I do delve deeper I should tell myself that I do enjoy it as a telly programme, when I probably don't, even though I see that it has been well made and excels within your checklist?

Ah, I see. I should watch it as if I was studying it for a media studies dissertation and not judge it on the basis of whether it entertains me or not. And if I do delve deeper I should tell myself that I do enjoy it as a telly programme, when I probably don't, even though I see that it has been well made and excels within your checklist?

Or you could not ask people what it is you are missing then be weird about them answering you?

• Upvote 7

Yes, absolutely.

You're allowed to tell very close friends and family that you didn't like it, but colleagues, Facebook friends and the like need to know that you saw the art in it.

• Upvote 1

I like it. It's different in tone to Breaking Bad, more low-key, more of a slow-burn. Some of the scams and grift in the first series were fantastic to watch.  

The present day witness protection snippets at the start of each series are great. There's surely a couple of series of the his post-Breaking Bad storyline there should they choose to exploit it.

I like it. It's different in tone to Breaking Bad, more low-key, more of a slow-burn. Some of the scams and grift in the first series were fantastic to watch.

The present day witness protection snippets at the start of each series are great. There's surely a couple of series of the his post-Breaking Bad storyline there should they choose to exploit it.

I think they'll get to him becoming Saul Goodman within the next season or 2. It'd take you out of the story seeing the likes of him and Mike looking older than they were in BB.

It'd be good to have a season or 2 post-Walt. He could get made and then turn it into a survival thriller type show for the last season.