You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Sterling's new deal.

ratcatcher

Of course the player's agent is going to try and get the most for the player. I wouldnt expect anything less. Just like the club will want to pay him the least it can while convincing him to sign.

But I dont subscribe to the naive outlook that its a non story either. Unless you think any player will just sign a contract because 'we are Liverpool.'

Of course the player's agent is going to try and get the most for the player. I wouldnt expect anything less. Just like the club will want to pay him the least it can while convincing him to sign.

But I dont subscribe to the naive outlook that its a non story either. Unless you think any player will just sign a contract because 'we are Liverpool.'

You are food and drink to the tabloids, ratty.  

The money's obscene but I don't blame the players - if I was one, I'd be for getting all I could when I could. The other day I was approached by a prospective employer that asked me to complete one of those online applications. In the salary part they asked me for a minimum and, stupidly, a maximum. For the latter, I wrote 'infinity'.

Most of these kids hit the genetic jackpot in terms of physical skills but are otherwise mongs. They need to get it while they can.

• Upvote 1

That's the problem when these players are talked up too much, the blues do it to get above market market value for players who're inevitably going to move on, the latest madness was Bobby Brown Shoes saying Barclay was going to be the greatest player 'England has ever seen' or some such mental shit. They're quite cynically clever at it.

They'll already be rubbing their hands together at the prospect of a £50 million City move, shortly after which he'll end up on loan at Burnley and eventually in jail for moving pirated films.

The problem is, we do it because we're just daft. He's been overplayed because our signings were shite, he's become a leading light rather than an understudy - again - because the rest are shite, and for that reason his agent knows he's got us by the balls.

For my money though, Sterling is NOWHERE NEAR as good as some people on here make out he is, he's not in the same league as Owen and Fowler, not by a country mile.

To say he's nowhere near as good is pretty laughable.  Fowler and Owen were fucking brilliant at his age and Sterling isn't as good as them but I don't think the league was as strong as it is now either.  To say he's nowhere near them is a joke though.  Sterling would have ripped the arsehole out of this league back in the 90's.  Fowler and Owen were prolific goal scorers.  Sterling is quite clearly a winger but a modern day one in terms of his versatility,  For his age he's on a level with McManaman for example.

• Upvote 2

Typical FSG and IAN AYRE SHITEHOUSE crap.

Leaking contract negotiations to put pressure on the player in order to accept a lower contract and justify his future sale.

Why would you leak this kind of sensitive information you SHITHOUSE Ian Ayre? Because you are a worthless money grapping SHITEHOUSE. What have you done ungly Ayre to deserve your salary? You've wasted £120m and sold the best striker in the world for less of what he's worth.

FSG GO fuck yourselves.

• Upvote 5

20 years old and turns down 70k a week.

I fucking hate football today.

It all depends whether its true or not that he actually has turned anything down, its agent talk as opposed to Sterling himself but I totally agree with you when you say you hate football today.

The main problem is these middlemen, pretending they are doing anything other than lining their own pockets.

I totally get someone maximising their income potential, as we'd all do it but your average man on the street is pushing for an increase on an hourly rate or asking for perhaps a 4 figure increase in annual salary, yet in football parlance nowadays it probably equates to an agent pushing for an extra half million quid a year on top of doubling a salary thats already measured in 7 figures before they even sat down to negotiate. Its just plain vulgar - one 'modest' contract these days sets you up for life yet its not enough. Too much money in the game and too many leeching agents, none of these fuckers give a shiny shite that fans are forking out over £50 to watch a game of football whilst they can buy a new Ferrari with the commission they're earning on one deal alone.

• Upvote 1

It is "agent talk". No it is not.

His agent would not go and tell the papers that his client is unhappy with a contract offer, so he can let the Torygraph run a story "Winger risks sparking Liverpool fans' fury".

That's Ayre talk.

His agent would be calling City, Chelsea, Barcelona et al instead...

How very dare the cunt hold out for as much money as he can get.

• Upvote 2