You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Featured: Bunch of 5s: "Premier League players who would improve us"

tlw content

Sort of half serious. I don't think it's possible for a striker to look really good playing for Chelsea. Drogba is the only one they've had in 10 years.

Rodgers could make him ace again, I'm sure of that. Never gonna happen though.

He's 30 now and not going to get any better, Pace has gone , heads fucked and looks like a whipped dog most of the time

Never quite figured out how he went from hero to zero so quickly. I just put it down to him losing the burning desire to be awesome striker he once was. Look at at Suarez and the desire he has and then look at Torres . He's yesterdays man mate.

• Upvote 1

I'd have Andros Townsend here, runs around like a headless chicken for Spurs but i reckon Rodgers could sort that part of his game out. I'd also have Kyle Walker here at a reduced fee, even though he's had a terrible season with Spurs, because he's got real potential, it's just his positional awareness that costs him.

• Upvote 1

Callum Chambers RB Southampton (keeping Clyne out of the side)

Luke Shaw LB Southampton (it's all been said already about him)

Stephen Caulker CH Cardiff (6'3, good in the air, and not scared of passing the ball)

Erik Lamela AM Spurs (wasted at Spurs and ready for a good Rodgering education)

Gerard Deulofeu AM Everton/ Barca (like Barkley, wasted at Everton)

I like Chambers, looks very good.

Lukaku is quality but don't think he's what Rodgers would be looking for, and he wouldn't come here to sit on the bench watching two better strikers either.

I'm not having Townsend, I thought he was shit even when he was playing well.  Don't like his face either.

Agree on Walker, Rodgers could sort him out I reckon.  He'd be overpriced though even if Spurs decided to sell.

I'd take Clyne, Shaw, and Schneiderlin or Wanyama from Soton, not going to elaborate for the 10th time on Lallana and why I don't want him (I mean for 8mil I'd take him, not worth 15-20mil), I want Borini back too, Delph is having a brilliant season but he's not better than Allen or Hendo (better than Lucas tho but I'd prefer a natual DM). I don't want A. Cole anywhere near Liverpool, Walker is as brainded as Enrique, rather have some new fullbacks from Bundesliga, better players, better value. 

I'd say Clyne, Shaw, Wanyama/Schneiderlin, Caulker, Lamela (spurs basically wasted a year of his development, great player, would flourish under Rodgers, fits our style too, would love a cheeky bid for him in the Summer if we can't get the likes of Shaqiri, Vela or Iturbe for RW/RF)

Remy is one we really should look at. We might be able to loan him for the year first so he could be very cost effective.

I don't see the fuss with Caulker. He's a decent player but is he going to be better than Skrtel? I doubt it. If we are buying a CB he has to be better than what we have already.

Delph, Shaw and Lamela would be very good additions to the squad. Not sure who else I would take that would add depth and quality to the squad beyond what we already have.

Ben Arfa is a rough diamond that needs polishing by a quality manager. He's terrifying when on form, and I think we could pick him up for a very modest fee.

I almost put Remy in my list, and Goiffran, he's been quietly effective playing behind a striker or out wide.

I'd also be interested in Gnabry! because think we can offer him more first team minutes than Arsenal can, and also develop him better.

Ben Arfa is a rough diamond that needs polishing by a quality manager. He's terrifying when on form, and I think we could pick him up for a very modest fee.

I almost put Remy in my list, and Goiffran, he's been quietly effective playing behind a striker or out wide.

I'd also be interested in Gnabry! because think we can offer him more first team minutes than Arsenal can, and also develop him better.

Remy would be a good shout as he's not a lazy fat fuck like Ben Arfa

Shaw- love Enrique but we need a natural left back for when he is out

Koscielny- like all of our centre backs but he'd add us the little bit of extra quality

Schneiderlin-what we're lacking in midfield

Lamela- quality player mismanaged by the Spurs mongs, if we signed him it'd be like when we rescued Mascherano from West Ham

Remy- he aint no Suarez or Sturridge but he'd be as good a competition as your going to get

all would fit in with our style and make us a complete beast

I know Chelsea might not want to do a Sturridge again but if Lukaku is for sale, I think we should be in for him

This annoys me because i keep seeing it and us Liverpool fans really should know that a player like Lukaku is about as far from a Rodgers type player as can be.

Shaw (as all have agreed on) as he's right in the mix to be one of the best in the league already and still a teenager.

Bony from Swansea would be someone i'd consider for the squad striker, always looks a threat in the games i've watched (though not a great many i'll admit) and has a cracking strike on him.

I like Lallana, but feel Will Hughes (outside the Premier League though) is a similar play with 6/7 years on him and maybe more potential with a likely reduced fee. He would obviously need more time to develop but i'd expect a better return long-term.

I'm finding it hard to choose a 4th and 5th.

Barkley would be fantastic too, though completely unrealistic.

I'd have to go with Vertonghen as one, though not without his weaknesses he's one of the best in the league at a good age and in a position we could do with a settled partner to hopefully go alongside Sakho.

And I could accept Delph as the final one (Barkley wasn't realistic) but mostly due to a snippet here and there and others confidence in him. He seems very Henderson-like but maybe further on than when Rodgers started to improve him.

Shaw would be good.

Lallana a decent squad option.

Pretty much every other player suggested in this thread is a big pile of shit.  You're down to Ashley Cole on a free and getting Borini back in the best 5 players in the league?  Time to go shopping well away from the premier league.

1)Shaw would be my number 1 priority this summer, if a deal is not already done with Chelsea we need to start whispering sweet nothings. I would speculate that anyone who comes through Southampton's academy would appreciate Brendan Rodgers and the work he does developing young players.The last left back that left Southampton for Chelsea had his bird infected with aids  and his career shot to bits (where is the cunt, did I miss his funeral?).

2)Barkley would next on my list. In my opinion every blue deep down in their soul wishes they where red. 

3) Rodgers could work wonders with Rodwell. Cheap option with great potential.

4) Ashley Cole is a suggestion I'd agree with. I'm no fan of Enrique, quite happy to have him as back but not first choice. Flanno looks ace but its early days, a signing like Shaw could finish him while a temporary signing like Cole could help him develop, with a CL run we will have plenty of games for both.

5) With out doubt we will need another body in the middle. Gareth Barry would be a bit left field but worth considering. Like Cole there will be enough games for everyone and neither are the future but equally neither will let you down if played 20 or so times a season.

Ravel Morrison.

A talented nut-job who would stretch Brendon’s man management skills to the outer limits and then some.

A Mancunian from a dysfunctional family, described by Dementio as having more natural ability as a teenager than Ryan Giggs, the midfielder is currently on loan at QPR following his transfer from the Mancs to West Ham.

Morrison’s early season goal against Spurs and his mazy run and cross for a tap-in at Fulham are both goal of the season contenders. Fast, skilful, energetic, young and bought by Big Fat Sam for a modest fee, he fits our club’s money ball criteria.

He is an attractive prospect for many clubs but his character is disturbing, to put it mildly.

When at MU Morrison pleaded guilty to witness intimidation after his girlfriend refused to give evidence against him following a tiff, and was heavily fined after posting homophobic abuse on Twitter.

The MU squad was disgusted when one member, said to be Fannylips, had an eye catching pair of brand new boots nicked from his kit bag.  The following day Morrison returned the missing boots and explained he only “borrowed” them.

Given how BR has dealt with the darker sides of Saurez and Sterling and the alleged arrogance of Sturrage, converting Morrison to the path of the righteous is a worthy challenge well within his capabilities.  If he succeeded we would have a top class talent on our books. If he fails, we can dump him and recoup the modest transfer fee West Ham are asking.

A risk worth taking in my view.

• Downvote 1