You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Line of Duty

RedKnight

Yeah, absolutely mad ending but damn, it was absolutely thrilling. Kate going full Martin Riggs from Lethal Weapon at the end was great.

She'd been a bit of a spare wheel in this series but even though that scene was a bit ridiculous, she knocked it out of the park. The show is so intense and gripping though that you can let these things go.

One thing I've noticed is that they do tend to skip a lot of exposition on evidence collection in favour of showing that evidence during interviews. It probably saves time on the show and prevents it from turning into an episode of CSI but if you're following the story, you do often wonder how they came about such evidence. It looks like a lot of hunches and gut feelings when following lines of enquiry, but maybe a lot of detective work is like that.

She'd been a bit of a spare wheel in this series but even though that scene was a bit ridiculous, she knocked it out of the park. The show is so intense and gripping though that you can let these things go.

One thing I've noticed is that they do tend to skip a lot of exposition on evidence collection in favour of showing that evidence during interviews. It probably saves time on the show and prevents it from turning into an episode of CSI but if you're following the story, you do often wonder how they came about such evidence. It looks like a lot of hunches and gut feelings when following lines of enquiry, but maybe a lot of detective work is like that.

As the Guardian recap said, if that last scene was in a US show we'd all accept it without question.

Get what you're saying about evidence gathering but the show has long set it's stall out for the interrogation scenes to be it's main selling point.

Just finished watching this after missing it last night for the unmentionable. An absolutely brilliant ending. It is great when you think that the majority of that episode takes place in an interview room but you are absolutely hooked throughout. And Vicky McClure is absolutely boss.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Been binge watching this over a week, half way through series 3 now. It's great TV but it has a lot of problems, of course I'll forgive them because it entertains me.

I do like that it doesn't wander off and become a 'soap opera' the character's personal lives are referenced directly for the storyline not as padding to stretch things out. Don't think I actually like any of the main characters, it's not at all realistic and the characters seem to change their personality to suit the story. That said, the acting is excellent and it all moves at a decent pace. 

In a world where 99% of TV is shit, this isn't. 

Thought it was brilliant overall. That said, the final twenty minutes to tie up the loose ends felt rushed to me - especially when they even had to use on screen blurb at the very end. The final action scene felt a bit far-fetched too. Still loved it though and it feels like there's more left to tell in the overall conspiracy when series four comes around.

Thought it was brilliant overall. That said, the final twenty minutes to tie up the loose ends felt rushed to me - especially when they even had to use on screen blurb at the very end. The final action scene felt a bit far-fetched too. Still loved it though and it feels like there's more left to tell in the overall conspiracy when series four comes around.

Far-fetched but Kate hanging on to the side of a lorry wielding a gun was fantastic.

I've just watched the final episode and after having had some misgivings about the previous episodes I have to say I was absolutely gripped by the final episode until that final 20 minutes and agree with all those comments, Paul.

Yeah, I'll be back for the next series

If memory serves, they used a screen blurb at the end of each series didn't they? Presume they used it to make it seem like its a drama based on real events where you often get something like that.

If memory serves, they used a screen blurb at the end of each series didn't they? Presume they used it to make it seem like its a drama based on real events where you often get something like that.

Nah. It wasn't just one; it went on and on

I tweeted Keeley Hawes after the final episode. She liked my tweet.

(My tweet may have been the pathetic kind of 'oh you are ace please notice me' kind of tweet that makes me a cunt. Along with all the other stuff that makes me a cunt)

• Upvote 1

• 4 months later...

Just watched the first episode after promising to download it for ever,

Oooh the the Short haired DC is lovelty

Reminds me of this, and only old bastards will remember her.

Used to love that tune. I remember it as like being assaulted by a wall of guitars. The production sounds really fucking thin now, though. 

• 5 months later...