You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Mohamed Salah

WhiskeyJar

58 minutes ago, Funkasy said:

The stats show that Salah won that altercation with Klopp, you guys just dont understand it.

If you watch 40% with your eyes & 60% with your brain you’ll find there was no altercation… 

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

59 minutes ago, Smell The Glove said:

This isn't a manager clinging on though, he's already said he's leaving. Salah knows full well what that touchline row will look like to the vulture press and the fact we are done for the season. It's really fucking poor from him.

Maybe Mo thinks it might help him out the door if he falls out with klopp. He knows the fans won't have that. 

6 minutes ago, Mark M said:

If you watch 40% with your eyes & 60% with your brain you’ll find there was no altercation… 

Agree, body language shows Salah imitating a seagull and Klopp approves it.

1 minute ago, Barrington Womble said:

Maybe Mo thinks it might help him out the door if he falls out with klopp. He knows the fans won't have that. 

If he gets us a fee, that will be totally fine, and obviously, his legacy won't be tarnished by one argument and bad reaction with Klopp.

If he does the thing where he pretends he wants to stay just so he can leave for free and get a fat contract, that will be fucking dreadful.

4 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

But if he wants to go let us cash in. He holds all the cards, Klopp is no longer here. All he's done today is cause a circus Klopp does not deserve. 

• Upvote 1

His form is the real concern, for me. 

And, that alone, is the reason that I’d consider a silly offer for him in the summer. 

As for the touchline stuff, it’s not the greatest of looks, but nobody knows what was said, by who and if anything had happened earlier in the day to cause a bit of friction between Salah and Klopp. 

A player should always respect their manager. But, Salah is a human. One who is used to being an elite athlete at the top

of his game. He’s had a frustrating season with injuries and a relatively big drop off in form. That’ll frustrate him. And maybe make him a bit snappy. 

The “fire” comment is quite vague and could mean anything. Klopp has said it was dealt with in the dressing room and there’s nothing more to add. If Salah’s conduct in the coming hours suggests that too, then we should draw a line under it and move on. 

Touchline thing, not great but whatever, shit happens, it's an emotional game. Klopp diffuses it after the game, says it's all sorted, then Salah struts out past the press and pours petrol all over the fucking thing.

Absolutely can't have this. He needs to apologise or be told to stay the fuck away for the rest of the season.

Big fear now is Slot walking into a Ten Hag / Ronaldo type situation.

• Upvote 8

3 minutes ago, Nelly-Szoboszlai said:

His form is the real concern, for me. 

And, that alone, is the reason that I’d consider a silly offer for him in the summer. 

There wont be a silly offer for him in the summer, We would be lucky even for the Saudi to pay more than 60ml for him. No hope in 100ml plus

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, dave u said:

if that happens its on Edwards and Hughes not sorting things before he starts work. Obviously Salah controls what happens but either he signs a 1 year extension or they need to tell him we need to move him on. Its the same with Trent and Virg, sign new deals or fuck off and with the Euros the deals need to be done sharpish

1 minute ago, Lee909 said:

There wont be a silly offer for him in the summer, We would be lucky even for the Saudi to pay more than 60ml for him. No hope in 100ml plus

It depends if they base the fee on his ability and form or on his name and standing it’d add to their domestic league. 

2 minutes ago, Nelly-Szoboszlai said:

It depends if they base the fee on his ability and form or on his name and standing it’d add to their domestic league. 

They'll base it on knowing Edwards wants to sell without a extension and they fact they can tell him to sit for a year and get a extra 50ml in signing on fee if he does

6 minutes ago, dave u said:

Touchline thing, not great but whatever, shit happens, it's an emotional game. Klopp diffuses it after the game, says it's all sorted, then Salah struts out past the press and pours petrol all over the fucking thing.

Absolutely can't have this. He needs to apologise or be told to stay the fuck away for the rest of the season.

I would normally agree on the touchline thing being fuck all. But we've just bombed from the title race and the press will fucking feast on that touchline spat. Again normally i couldnt give a fuck what the press think but Klopp does not deserve his last few weeks dominated by this and Mo should and would fucking know this.

3 minutes ago, Nelly-Szoboszlai said:

There's a few things to factor in.

- He's a year older

- He's got a year less remaining on his contract

- We're probably open to offers

- His form has fallen off a cliff

- There may be issues with his long-term fitness as he's not looked properly fit since ACN

- Depreciation 10% - 20%

They were testing our resolve with that £150m offer as they knew we didn't want to sell. You can knock £50m off that for starters if we're looking to sell. Accounting for everything else on that list I'd expect him to go for well under £70m. 

I see it from both sides if I’m honest.  Klopp’s tactical set up this season has basically murdered his game.  He’s always been loose with the ball and a shit finisher.  The reason he got the numbers he has is because he repeatedly put himself in the positions to score.  He was obviously a better player a few years ago and could turn players inside out as well but a lot of that relied on him not getting crowded out.

Klopp’s repeatedly indulged Trent and it’s harmed Salah.  He stopped overlapping and running up the wing regularly years ago now and it meant Salah doesn’t have the decoy or support he once had.  Meanwhile as Trent gets worse Salah’s game evolved.  He started off as greedy and over time became as much a provider as a goal scorer.  Then Henderson leaves and Trent is given the vice captaincy ahead of him despite his absolutely horrific attitude.

We then have this awful run of results which conveniently coincides with Trent coming back into the team.  The blame gets allocated to the forwards though.  Salah gets dropped but the guy who doesn’t want to jump and defend a corner and walks around the pitch like John Wayne continues to start.

From Klopp’s side of things he’s thinking this was my last year and you fucked off to an another international competition in your mid 30s that you had no chance of winning and got injured, come back and been awful.  You’ve missed penalties and cost us points and other players have come in who are superior at it and I’ve kept you on them.  Any time you play badly and get subbed you kick up a massive stink.  I’ve left you out for a game based on form the first time in ages and you’re giving me attitude.  The game doesn’t even mean anything either.  The titles gone and we are unlikely to fall out of the top 4 and your acting the cunt on the line.  So he’s bitten.

• Upvote 2

The spat on the touchline wasn’t great, looked like he was desperate to get on so maybe was too hyped up. Klopp’s had bust ups before, didn’t he have an argument with Henderson once as well and they were fine afterwards. As long as they both sort it in the dressing room then they can move on but would have been good for Salah to make a public apology for it. Think the ‘fire’ comment looks worse written down than the actual video. On the video it looks more like he’s saying he won’t say anything as the press will blow it up. 

I worry we are about to get intimate dressing room “tales” from Salah and his agents. A drip feed that will tarnish so so much.

He can’t possibly have the hump after his absolute shit show against Everton 

21 minutes ago, dave u said:

He absolutely has to go before the next season starts. There are now a variety of risks attached to keeping him. 

35 minutes ago, The Guest said:

I see it from both sides if I’m honest.  Klopp’s tactical set up this season has basically murdered his game.  He’s always been loose with the ball and a shit finisher.  The reason he got the numbers he has is because he repeatedly put himself in the positions to score.  He was obviously a better player a few years ago and could turn players inside out as well but a lot of that relied on him not getting crowded out.

Klopp’s repeatedly indulged Trent and it’s harmed Salah.  He stopped overlapping and running up the wing regularly years ago now and it meant Salah doesn’t have the decoy or support he once had.  Meanwhile as Trent gets worse Salah’s game evolved.  He started off as greedy and over time became as much a provider as a goal scorer.  Then Henderson leaves and Trent is given the vice captaincy ahead of him despite his absolutely horrific attitude.

We then have this awful run of results which conveniently coincides with Trent coming back into the team.  The blame gets allocated to the forwards though.  Salah gets dropped but the guy who doesn’t want to jump and defend a corner and walks around the pitch like John Wayne continues to start.

From Klopp’s side of things he’s thinking this was my last year and you fucked off to an another international competition in your mid 30s that you had no chance of winning and got injured, come back and been awful.  You’ve missed penalties and cost us points and other players have come in who are superior at it and I’ve kept you on them.  Any time you play badly and get subbed you kick up a massive stink.  I’ve left you out for a game based on form the first time in ages and you’re giving me attitude.  The game doesn’t even mean anything either.  The titles gone and we are unlikely to fall out of the top 4 and your acting the cunt on the line.  So he’s bitten.

Mid 30s? No chance of winning?