You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Mohamed Salah

WhiskeyJar

46 minutes ago, Mark M said:

Any arguments now that he hasn’t fallen off a cliff with performance? 

He’s not getting the ball, its difficult to do a lot of eye catching stuff when you dont get the ball. 

We have stopped playing the ball forward, ask yourself this.

How often have you seen Salah got the ball early on the right when we attack the last few months?

Tme and time again he’s been in good positions to get a pass played infront of him, but we run with the ball, bass sideways or backwards instead.

I really dont understand what has happened to our attacking play lately.

I mentioned a few weeks ago that we need a player like Ødegaard in this team, our midfield has become really dysfuntional lately and such a player would transform our whole game completely. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

1 minute ago, Code said:

He’s not getting the ball, its difficult to do a lot of eye catching stuff when you dont get the ball. 

How often have you seen Salah got the ball early on the right when we attack the last few months?

Tme and time again he’s been in good positions to get a pass played infront of him, but we run with the ball, bass sideways or backwards instead.

I mentioned a few weeks ago that we need a player like Ødegaard in this team, our midfield has become really dysfuntional lately and such a player would transform our whole game completely. 

No!  Don't do yourself down, mate, I'm sure you do!

3 minutes ago, Code said:

Maybe the other players have seen what happens a few times when he does get the ball 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, razor said:

No!  Don't do yourself down, mate, I'm sure you do!

Badly phrased, I understand what has happened, but the reason why our players constantly make poor decisions now, that they did not do before is the question I dont have enough evidence to know the answer to.

It actually looked we were playing with a 13 year old boy in the side tonight. 

The pace has gone, the heart looks like it has gone & his finishing was just really bad hit & hope stuff into Row Z.

Nunez & him should not start again this season after that, they played like a pair of cunts.

• Upvote 1

Even when they do play the ball in front of him in space he rarely gets to it ahead of the defender anymore. Happened in the first half when Braithwaite caught up with him, took it off him and casually played it out for a throw. Teams are happy for him to get the ball wide now as they know he isnt going to burst past a player anymore

The inverted fullback shit hasn't helped him at all though. At a time when he is slowing down and we should be getting him closer to the area to make use of his passing and touch we have pushed him out wide and isolated him so a fullback can pretend to play in midfield

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

Even when they do play the ball in front of him in space he rarely gets to it ahead of the defender anymore. Happened in the first half when Braithwaite caught up with him, took it off him and casually played it out for a throw. Teams are happy for him to get the ball wide now as they know he isnt going to burst past a player anymore

The inverted fullback shit hasn't helped him at all though. At a time when he is slowing down and we should be getting him closer to the area to make use of his passing and touch we have pushed him out wide and isolated him so a fullback can pretend to play in midfield

This to me has been the most notable and biggest loss to his game, he rarely if ever beats a man anymore. I agree the inverted fullback stuff hasnt helped but regardless he's meant to be our star player being paid the top big bucks to be able to be a game changer, something he hasn't looked to be for a while now.

Just as he got most of the plaudits when we were all-conquering, he gets most of the blame now when we're struggling. It's the life of a star player. I maintain that Mane and Firmino were equally important to our success back then, we were just set up for Salah to have lots and lots of chances, and score lots of goals (which he did in admirable fashion)

He looks completely washed now, and totally bereft of confidence. Code can keep chirping on about him not getting the ball. Won't matter, as he hasn't gone past a defender or delivered a decent finish in what seems like months. The few times he got it against an injured (!) Mykolenko he just took the easy way out and passed it backwards.

The only way we keep him is if his hamstring is still a problem, and that's why he has fallen off a cliff. If this is his physical level now we need to get rid.

• Upvote 2

17 minutes ago, lebron said:

Just as he got most of the plaudits when we were all-conquering, he gets most of the blame now when we're struggling. It's the life of a star player. I maintain that Mane and Firmino were equally important to our success back then, we were just set up for Salah to have lots and lots of chances, and score lots of goals (which he did in admirable fashion)

Ronaldo/Tevez/Rooney situation from when they pipped us to the league. 

He’s doing my head in now. Been a shadow of his former self. Admittedly he set himself a high bar but there’s no way on earth he deserves to be in the team based on recent performances. That’s not even mentioning the wages he’s on. I think sadly it’s probably sensible to try and cash in on him this summer whilst we still can. 

I can forgive the lack of pace or even things not coming off for him but what i cant get my head around is his shooting, for an elite level footballer or any level its has been shocking, shooting like a schoolboy , powder puff shots , scuffed shots , hard to fathom.