You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Fucking chelsea and spurs parasites. They might as well pay our scouts wages for all the work we've done for them shitehawks in the last few years. We put in the hard yards then they nick them at the end. This is a problem that needs to be addressed our deal closers are much too slow.
  • Upvote 1

Fucking chelsea and spurs parasites. They might as well pay our scouts wages for all the work we've done for them shitehawks in the last few years. We put in the hard yards then they nick them at the end. This is a problem that needs to be addressed our deal closers are much too slow.

I was thinking the same thing.

Great minds and all that.

Erm, . . .

Maybe if you weren't constantly leaking all your cutting edge intel this shit would stop happening.

You're not just "informing" us, you're informing them. Shame on you.

• Upvote 1

Someone tell Ayre to "put that fucking coffee down!"

glengarry-glen-ross.jpg?w=500&h=355

Coffee is for closers.

• Upvote 3

It's more the ineptitude than the target, yes.

But I'm unhappy that we missed out on Salah. Not because I rate him. But obviously our manager does. And it makes us look complete amateurs. And it's now the second transfer window in which Rodgers has been fucked over, through no fault of his own.

Some may disagree, but Rodgers is doing a good job here. He's a young, up and coming coach. But, if he feels like he's having his ability to manage and improve his squad hindered by the incompetence of others, might this not lead to him questioning the ambition of the club and if it's the same as his? 

If I was him, I'd be asking for certain heads to roll. 

I find it strange that there has been no mention of a new contact for Rodgers yet.

If we miss out on the champions league in the summer, I think Spurs may come in for Rodgers and he might just go if having been let down and undermined in two transfer windows out of three.

If we don't stay in the top four this season, I don't see how we ever will get back in. 

With united getting Mata I would be surprised if thats it for them. I never expected Moyes to be given the money or chelsea to let him go. So I have a feeling they will sign one or maybe two more top players before  the window shuts.

They have identified what they need to get a top 4 place and made Chelsea and Mata offers they couldnt refuse. With there two main players to comeback and now with Mata and maybe another new player, they might nick it if and its a big if, they dont drop more points before them two return. Still find it strange from chelsea selling him to them though.

A couple more quality players before next season starts and they could just be up there fighting with chelsea again next  season.

This is the problem we face when trying to buy players. We cant go in with massive offers for players or even if we did, to get them to come here would mean offering high wages.

The huge problem we will face is if we get a champions league place the ability to keep doing it.Well that fourth place is only going to be lost through us as we have it at the moment.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                  

So Morinihio helps strengthen Man utd in the race for the top four, throws open the Suarez dive debate, and the media mongs dully follow, takes a player from under our noses and leaves us with Moses.

This new found love in with Chelsea got to stop. It's bollocks and they should be looked upon and treated as a classless tart with tacky jewellery a mink coat.

It's frustrating, particularly with this all being played out in public, but the idea that we are doing all of the groundwork and then having other clubs come in and benefit doesn’t really reflect how this all works. Chelsea and others have been keeping tabs on Salah for as long as we have. It’s not like we discovered him.

We did not meet the valuation that his club placed on him and we were negotiating for the value that we placed on him. In doing this, there is always always the risk that another club will come in who do meet the valuation of the selling club (or the player, as salaries are also an issue).  This is what has happened  with Sigurdsson, Mikhitarian, Willian, and now Salah.

Of course the club know that there is a risk of others coming in who will pay more, but you either have a ceiling on your valuation or you do not. If you do not then where does that end? We’ve tried the ‘pay what they want, not what you think they are worth’ strategy before and it left us with under-performing players on high salaries and an empty transfer fund.

If you think a player is worth 8m, then you think he is worth 8m – end of story. If you go over that price and pay 11m or whatever, then how far are you willing to go? If you think a player is worth 8m, but you would be willing to pay 11m at a stretch, then you are actually valuing that player at 11m, but you are trying to get him for a lower price.

The simple issue here is that clubs such as Chelsea don’t need to value players in the same way that we do because they have a lot more money than us to spend. A lot more. The difference in resources means that we are playing a very different game.

Chelsea are getting Salah not because they have some super negotiation/recruitment team, but because they value players differently to us.  Until we have more money, or they have less, this is the way that it will be.

And if Rodgers has a problem with the way the club is handling recruitment then he is doing an excellent job at hiding it. Over the past year, he has been nothing but positive about the arrangements that we have in place. 

• Upvote 3

So Morinihio helps strengthen Man utd in the race for the top four, throws open the Suarez dive debate, and the media mongs dully follow, takes a player from under our noses and leaves us with Moses.

This new found love in with Chelsea got to stop. It's bollocks and they should be looked upon and treated as a classless tart with tacky jewellery a mink coat.

image.gif

Bingo!

So:

* we spend 3 months scouting a player;

* we verbally agree a fee and personal terms;

* player expresses a desire to come to us, rejecting German and Italian clubs in the process;

* Ian Ayre seeing that, reduces the agreed amount by 50% and then proceeds to sit on his arse for the best part of 3 weeks doing fuck all;

* Basle get insulted (and rightly so), then start making noises to interested parties;

* Chelsea comes in, pays around the same amount which was initially agreed with us and takes that player for good - all within a day or so;

'kinell! Ian Ayre makes Dell Boy look like George fucking Soros!

And it is not the first time either - last summer the Harley-Davidson-riding prick did the exact same thing.

In all this time, the yanks calling themselves "custodians" of this club are all too happy to watch from distance what's unravelling, line their collective pockets and let that incompetent idiot Ayre do their bidding, quite literally. Did I miss anything?

Yep, if the RAWK source is correct (and it's not a fact that he is) then this is my problem far more than missing out on the player himself because I really couldn't care less about him.

Did I read this right? Rodgers said today he expects no further signings this window?

We have Ayre in charge of negotiations remember.  How many signings do you expect?  he can't even close the deal on a player who wants to come here from a club who want to sell to us.

Personally not expecting too much until Jim White on Sky tells me that, with 3 minutes of the window to go we have turned our attentions to (insert name of world class player we have no chance of getting) only to be foiled by the paperwork!  "We gave it our best shot" claims a smiling Ayre on 1st feb riding off into the sunset on brand new Harley.

• Upvote 1

We have Ayre in charge of negotiations remember.  How many signings do you expect?  he can't even close the deal on a player who wants to come here from a club who want to sell to us.

Personally not expecting too much until Jim White on Sky tells me that, with 3 minutes of the window to go we have turned our attentions to (insert name of world class player we have no chance of getting) only to be foiled by the paperwork!  "We gave it our best shot" claims a smiling Ayre on 1st feb riding off into the sunset on brand new Harley.

In other words, we are slowly turning into Everton.

I've joined this story late...

So to recap- Ayre is as good at transfer negotiations as the Brazilians are at building football stadiums?

Didn't we already know this? It's like reading a breaking news story that jumping into a pool gets you wet.

Clueless tit, in couldn't do his job if his life depended on it shocker!

if anything annoys me more than missing out on a transfer target it is the inevitable and incredulous versions of events that immediately follow. These are presented as fact and allow hysterical wailing ad infinitum. Despite being infinitely newsworthy, if true, it is telling that they never appear in any source of any repute whatsoever.

If them reports of Salah refusing to shake Israeli players hands are true might be a lucky escape commercially/image wise for us. After all the Suarez shit, the stuff with Oldham and the Collymore twitter crap we dont need anymore bad publicity for the rags to latch on to.