You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep ridiculous but not unsurprising from a chinless blazer wearing group of spineless goons. The FA should be handing out appropriate punishment rather than catering to their exhaustive desire to please the media or the Prime Minister.

Hopefully they'll be stepping in the next time Rooney assaults someone whilst wearing an England shirt to enforce an appropriate ban?

I suspect we've seen Suarez play his last game for us now.

Ridiculous decision, but then we should expect that from the FA. They've also clearly indicated that career-threatening challenges and racist abuse are lesser offences given that the penalties are far less for those offences. Ayre has said the club is awaiting the written report from the FA and will then decide what to do next, and you can only guess at the bullshit reasoning the FA's report will include. They've bowed to media pressure to make an example of Suarez yet again.

The FA are celebrating their 150th anniversary this year. I hope they choke on the cake.

I think we as fans should boycott 10 FA cup games, it only seems fair to me.

Given the club's recent history of usually getting knocked out early and only having a decent FA Cup run every 5 years or so, that would mean a boycott lasting for a further 3 years at least.

Times like these you long for Jen Chang and his particular brand of street justice. I can imagine Chang waltzing into the FA head office for a meeting with David Gill to ascertain the length of Suarez's ban. At some point during the conversation Chang cooly reaches into his jacket pocket and places a pair of black sunglasses over his eyes. He looks up and pronounces "Tell me Mr Gill how are you going to deliver a ban, if you are unable to speak"

tumblr_lfyne1PzxL1qejhkio1_500.gif