You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"If I was advising them, I would say to them, ‘take it on the chin, put it behind you and move on’. I think it would be a very risky strategy to appeal against it."

I think that the FA trotted out this line when they Evra ban was announced as well. So for once they are being consistent.

We could seriously do with working it up a few of the shithouses in the press first, fuck the obvious, where we are concerned the manc cunts at the Guardian need to be fucked off - negative article on Liverpool, Daniel Taylor or Jamie Jackson (United writers) are always at hand.

If you don't win the appeal process, then don't have an appeal process - and see how far that gets you, if you have an appeal process then you shouldn't be dissuading people not to appeal as that sort of suggests it isn't an appeal process!

The sickening thing is this - we get shafted, our club says they are angry, the press do what they do, our club tries to be nice and friendly to get everyone on side - which usually means compliance. And nothing happens. Some people see trying to be nice as a weakness, so perhaps the club can look at how conciliatory it has been regarding the double standards on Suarez and look at where it has got them.

Ban some cunts from the ground and from the media events, if they complain, take the fine and keep banning them. That was the problem last year - we circled the wagons and left a wide open gap in case we stopped people from coming in!

Kenny was sacked for standing in his players corner last season, it will be interesting to see what Rodgers will do.

Its not likem him having trouble speaking his mind to everyone wether they are interested or not.

Silence will speak more than 1000 words.

These cunt owners needs to go and they need to go now.

Just fuck off, you bunch of coward cunts.

The club needs to realise this - where the dollar lies, abroad in Asia, South America, even Africa - they don't give a fuck about the day to day running of the club really. The Liverpool Supporters do, but that isn't the same as those who buy the shirts - how many of us give a fuck about how Barcelona go about their day to day business? We still buy their shirt, watch their matches, and they attract sponsors on the back of that appeal.

The parochial nature of fans and supporters in this country mean that people, who don't support Liverpool will not, and never will buy our shirt (the odd few aside), these are the cunts filling up the message boards with digs at us and dictating the way the media report on the likes of Luis. It is a logical conclusion to assume that the vast majority of fans, who are bothered about Luis enough to comment are either United, Arsenal, Chelsea or a premiership team - so it isn't going to be 'objective' although they all delude themselves that they are, whilst decrying our bias. The point I am trying to make, albeit longwinded is this. Don't factor in these pricks, in this country of pricks into your decision making - we, us Liverpool fans are the only ones you need to please. And we want you to start fucking fighting for this club, because you can be as nice as you want and do as much good work as you want, but those people will always focus upon the negative and dismiss the positive.

Real Madrid are fucking hated outside of Real Madrid fans yet they are still the biggest club in the world because outside of Spain nobody gives a fuck, we watch Real or Barca we don't support them - and that is where the real money lies and that money will not be lost if you start fighting back. PR is no use in this country, but being nice is starting to piss Liverpool fans off - who are your main income stream in this country.

So have some fucking bollocks and fight back. Because the dollar will still be there, and 80% of those people probably don't even realise Suarez was up on a charge.

exactly what I figured they'd hand down, they are so transparent and predictable its sickening. I think the FA's corruption is really coming home to roost. The league is falling behind the others because of the FA and their absolute partisanship where United are concerned.

I think English Football is deservedly in a tailspin. Sorry if this offends anyone but I'll be pulling hard for every England opponent (even if they end up drawing the fucking US or North Korea) from here on in in every future Euro and WC. I hope they don't even qualify for Brazil.

It's not corruption in this case, it's just basic inconsistency. They make this shit up as they go along. It's horrible because you could see it coming a mile off. He bit someone, fair enough, it was a stupid and horrible thing to do but to give him 6 more games than someone who was banned for using the words' fucking black cunt' on a football pitch is sickening and bordering on incompetence.

Kenny was sacked for standing in his players corner last season, it will be interesting to see what Rodgers will do.

Its not likem him having trouble speaking his mind to everyone wether they are interested or not.

The owners made very clear that they don't give a shit about anything. Last time we heard anything about Henry was his Trolling on Twitter about snjieder, "I have no money, I'm broke".

They hired a completely incompetent CEO and they have complemented his inappropriate appointment with a completely inexperienced manager.

They will appear for some photographs in the summer during pre-season. We'll hear some more bullshit about the stadium and the patience needed for another 234234 years for the team to get back in competing for top 4, long term plans bla bla bla, patience, bla bla bla, progress bla bla bla and that's it see you next year.

They run the club with the cheapest CEO and manager available.

Guest davelfc

Rodgers has not bitten anyone, Suarez has admitted his charge and it is obvious to all he did it. Rodgers has a job to do, that is ensuring with the quad left available we gain as many points as possibly in our remaining games. Ayre has the job of dealing with the level of the punishment and any appeal.

If you think you can somehow blame Rodgers for any part of this or twist the agenda to that angle, then you're crazy. But then this isn't news to anyone.

Apologies for the upcoming rant, but there is nothing like yet another FA "judgement" against one of our players to get the blood boiling yet again. I remember Masch getting an extra 2 game ban as a result of the FAs 'respect' campaign for doing what players still do week in week out when challenging ref decisions. Someone somewhere in the corridors of power doesn't like our club, and someone somewhere (perhaps the same person) has taken it upon themselves to personally drive Luis Suarez from the English game.

This blatant, and in this case xenophobic in my opinion, hypocrisy in English football needs to be exposed and the FA shown up as the poor leaders of our game that they truly are. Let there be no doubt that Luis Suarez deserved a ban for his 'bite'. A 3 game ban seemed a fair sanction for such a childish. inappropriate and stupid act. Maybe an extra game because he's not very popular and he needs to get his head sorted when he steps on to a football pitch. I thought the FA might even push their luck given their clear distrust of this foreigner from South America, and give him 6, but 10!? Fuck me. There are many examples in this thread of far far far worse offences receiving much less punishment, yet Luis gets the perfect 10.

I'm numbed yet again by the injustice, prejudice and utter incompetence shown by the English FA, but perhaps I'm not surprised. As a club we have learnt from our 'media' reaction to the Evra fiasco and issued immediate apologies following this incident, yet all of this seems to have actually emboldened the FA and given them the confidence to hand an ever greater punishment down on the footballing enigma that is Luis Suarez, knowing that we dare not challenge it. I'm hoping that the club will grow a pair and appeal this, but I suspect it won't due to commercial and footballing interests - we probably don't want to risk a further increase in the ban. I also suspect that this might be the final straw for Luis Suarez in English football.

I can't see how he can stay in the game here given the incessant vilification and victimisation he has received almost since his arrival, but particularly since the Evra accusation - and for me it still remains an unproven allegation, which would not see the time of day in any proper court of justice. Some might think I'm over-reacting, but if a good offer came in for his services from a high profile club abroad I'm guessing that those who run our cub would accept it and Luis would seriously consider it - just look at Gus Poyet's recent comments, who himself admitted he would advise Luis to leave this cesspit of a country.

Unfortunately Luis' stupid bite has only served to give the haters the perfect opportunity to increase the pressure and drive him from our shores, but hopefully, with time, history will show both the FA and much of our awful media how their judgement has been fundamentally flawed. I'm also hoping that the FA will finally be brought to account over their incredible inconsistency, hypocrisy, inefficiency and inadequacy. Long overdue it is.

[posted elsewhere first as didn't see this thread before posting]

Rodgers has not bitten anyone, Suarez has admitted his charge and it is obvious to all he did it. Rodgers has a job to do, that is ensuring with the quad left available we gain as many points as possibly in our remaining games. Ayre has the job of dealing with the level of the punishment and any appeal.

If you think you can somehow blame Rodgers for any part of this or twist the agenda to that angle, then you're crazy. But then this isn't news to anyone.

Rodgers can come out and point to how ridiculous this is and back Suarez while still acknowledge he did something wrong.

If he stay silent and dont take the fight on Suarez behalf on this absolute injustice then he is finished for me as that will be the final straw and the evidence of him just being a bullshitter and appointed because he is media friendly.

What would Ferguson do if this was one of his players?

Rodgers can come out and point to how ridiculous this is and back Suarez while still acknowledge he did something wrong.

If he stay silent and dont take the fight on Suarez behalf on this absolute injustice then he is finished for me as that will be the final straw and the evidence of him just being a bullshitter and appointed because he is media friendly.

He was already finished with you from day one so cut the crap and stop using every single thing to have a go at him.

Guest davelfc

Code you're playing your little games again, you know full well that Rodgers will say whatever he is told to say on the subject and that is that.

But go ahead and blame him for the shitstorm that actually has nothing to do with him. He didn't bite anyone and Suarez has put him in a bad position, as he has the club.

It matters not what Rodgers thinks of the punishment, Ayre has tasked himself with dealing with this crap and you're just looking for more excuses to have a dig at the manager.

Ten games ludicrously harsh on Suarez

It's official - what happened on Sunday was officially the joint sixth-worst thing a player has ever done in the history of English football.

The only things to have earned a longer ban:

-Kung-fu kicking a fan (Eric Cantona, nine months)

-Testing positive for cocaine (Mark Bosnich, nine months)

-Missing a drugs test (Rio Ferdinand, eight months)

-Getting sent off then committing violent conduct twice (Joey Barton, 12 matches)

-Pushing the referee over (Paolo Di Canio, 11 games).

Luis Suarez's nibble on Branislav Ivanovic was worse than:

-Punching your opponent and breaking his jaw (Paul Davis, nine games)

-Racially abusing your opponent (Luis Suarez, eight games)

-Elbowing your opponent half to death (Ben Thatcher, eight games)

-Racially abusing your opponent (John Terry, four matches)

-And every leg-breaking tackle ever perpetrated.

Ten games. We await the FA's written reasons, but it seems inconceivable that Suarez's previous hasn't played a part. His lengthy rap sheet is here.

But in reaching such a draconian verdict, they seem to have lost all sense of perspective.

You might say racism and biting are offences so different they cannot be compared. But both are dealt with by the FA, and both are punishable with a specific ban. So of course they can, and will, be compared.

And the comparison suggests the FA found Suarez's bite more heinous a crime than his repeated abuse of Patrice Evra.

Nobody thinks biting is OK. What Suarez did clearly merited a ban. It makes us feel a bit queasy, but is that reason enough to hand down an historically severe punishment?

It was not particularly dangerous, Ivanovic emerged unhurt, and it's something that happens roughly as often as a Tony Hibbert goal.

It has been suggested that the FA wanted to 'send a message'. Send what message? That this biting epidemic has to stop?

First Jermain Defoe seven years ago, now Suarez - where will it all end? Nobody wants to see another biting controversy in 2020.

Another frustrating element is the furore is now guaranteed to rumble on and on. Liverpool's swift actions on Sunday suggested they would take this one on the chin and move on.

Even though they denied a three-match ban was "clearly insufficient", it seems highly likely they would have accepted five or even six matches and avoided the ceaseless controversy that followed their response to Suarez's racism ban.

It would have been over within a few days - a shining example that the FA's disciplinary dealings needn't always involve tiresome quasi-legal wrangling.

Liverpool appear to have learnt their lesson from the paranoid shambles that was the racism affair, but the 10-match ban virtually compels them to appeal.

Morally, the punishment does not fit the crime. Practically, their best player has been ruled out not just for the rest of the season but until the end of September. And perhaps most importantly, if they want to keep hold of Suarez they need to show him some support by fighting his corner.

And whatever the wittering pundits might say, Liverpool obviously need him.

Barcelona, Real Madrid and Bayern might decide they don't need the hassle of a controversy magnet who sits out 15 per cent of each season through suspension.

They might forget about Suarez and turn their attention instead to Cavani or Falcao, Lewandowski or Neymar.

Liverpool don't have that luxury. They have almost no chance of signing a player of Suarez's quality unless they get back into the Champions League. And they won't get back into the Champions League without Suarez.

Could they survive without him? Of course. Could they thrive? No.

To cut ties with their best players because he briefly sank his gnashers into Branislav Ivanovic would be monumentally self-defeating, and Liverpool know it.

This ban might make his exit more likely - but if Suarez leave it will be of his making, not Liverpool's.

Ten games ludicrously harsh on Suarez | Alex Chick - Yahoo! Eurosport UK

No he was not.

As late as Sunday I told Redknight I had no problem thinking Rodgers would be able to get us into top 4, but my ambition does not really stop there and I dont think he will ever win us anything as his system has too many flaws and is too easily exploited by a good manager.

Fail to fight this injustice and he is persona non grata to me, if he fights Suarez corner he will get his pluss points, even if its just what you can expect.

Keane's tackle was horrific. We'll never forget it. But he was just 'hard' - so that's ok.

10 games is ludicrous. Anti Liverpool? I don't think so, but it's certainly making an example of Suarez way and above what's necessary.

He can be a moron, plenty of players can. Aguero (Mr 'nice lad') really fancied a piece of Luiz, and it was overlooked. I consider both incidents fairly similar. Rash, and not giving a great impression of the game, especially when it's clear they intended to hurt. 3 game ban for each I'd say.

10 games has ceased to be about the player, it's about image, and that's where I think any legal defence would start. That the FA are looking to make a specific example (even if for good reasons), but it's to the severe detriment of an individual who isn't being treated in the same manner as others would have been.

I'm no fan of some of Suarez's antics, but I do believe in fairness. This isn't fair.

I heard on the radio that it wasn't about the potential injury (minimal from a bite), it was about the impression it gave to young kids and the general public at large, which I have some sympathy for... however, are they seriously saying a bite is a 'disgusting PR nightmare' but a headbutt isn't so bad?

The world's gone mad, but is anybody surprised?

It puts this into perspective when Roy Kean recieved a three match ban for his career ending tackle on Haarland.

In all fairness - that tackle wasn't the career ending one! But, Shawcross and Taylor didn't receive anything extra! Despite Ben Thatcher being a precedent. Balotelli got away with a leg breaker against Arsenal and THEN stamped on Scott Parker's head and got a 4! So the argument about cumulative punishment doesn't seen to make sense either.