You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

What?

Supposed to say Polo.

You think the owners would have passed on Clint Dempsey when we needed another body anyway - the most popular American footballer in a World Cup year - selling an American brand but have now, with foresight, brought in Coutinho (forgive me if I suggest he is less than a household name) to sell shirts if Suarez leaves?

Supposed to say Polo.

You think the owners would have passed on Clint Dempsey when we needed another body anyway - the most popular American footballer in a World Cup year - selling an American brand but have now, with foresight, brought in Coutinho (forgive me if I suggest he is less than a household name) to sell shirts if Suarez leaves?

Sorry now I get you. Polo

I take your point re Dempsey and the marketing thing but I reckon Dempsey, and his agents also knew that and probably asked for loads regarding image rights. I agree with you re Coutinho for now, but I reckon they hope they have got him in early and will ( try ) to make him the household name and sell shirts.

You see it now, outside the ground with all the Coutinho merchandise on sale

I would buy a Coutinho wig - not a jersey.

If he does get to the point where he is moving noticeable amounts (read Suarez/Gerrard/Carragher) of gear then he will have done the business on the field and it will prove to be a shrewd move regardless of what happens with Suarez. Nobody sells gear if they are wank - doesn;t matter how good their hair is - look at Usher.

So Suarez is not impressed with going out early in all cups, never being above 7th in the league and missing out on Europe next season then I guess.

Who could have thought it?

Rodgers out.

A mid table side, mid table manager and a mid table requirement. If we’re are lucky we may finish sixth. Suarez (maybe) gone next year with a mid table replacement and a reduction of the debt, smashin.

A mid table side, mid table manager and a mid table requirement. If we’re are lucky we may finish sixth. Suarez (maybe) gone next year with a mid table replacement and a reduction of the debt, smashin.

This is my fear.

The owners look at the " big picture " If they feel that they can sell Suarez for £40m, for example and then pay £20m for someone else, who, although not as good, will keep us ticking over in upper mid table, I think they would take that.

They don't think like supporters

They don't think like supporters

Remember the infamous incident when Purslow responded to LFC fans shouts against Benitez while walking off, he made a 'nice' gesture suggesting he'd (Benitez) was gone. Then we had that appaling episode of Purslow actually appearing on SKY after a game.

Hodgson appointed with his 2 billion years experience of winning nothing to steady the ship.

I can't help but think we're getting what we (well some) deserve.

Emlyn Hughes (left), Bob Paisley (right) and Tommy Smith (centre). Taken not long after Tommy’s face reconstruction and hair transplant. It was reversed not long after the picture was took, Smith earning many thousands in damages.

uglyj.jpg

Havent seen so much hatred for a liverpool manager since all those who wanted kenny, hodgson and rafa out.

You can look at it several ways - rodgers hasnt done enough to keep him here or rodgers has turned him into player of the year material or suarez will do what is best for suarez.

Love suarez but I refuse to let my heart be broken by another player who preaches unadulterated love for the club and the fans while batting his eyelashes at champions league teams.

So many of our fans in cloud cuckoo land thinking that if we'd got the 'right' manager we'd be competing for 2nd, 3rd or 4th. We probably wouldn't you know, our team needs rebuilding and any manager would have to do that. At the risk of boring some of you as much as some of you bore the absolute tits off me, it takes time.