You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Joe Allen thread

MLB

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Lol, what relevant does this have?

I was clearly talking about Sakho and what I perceived to be his lack of leadership skills during the penalty shoot-out (rightly or wrongly), on a the thread about... Yep you guessed it.. Penalties. I'm okay if you disagree with it. Many did. If you do, please feel free to.

I think Moreno is a good player, but I don't go around the forum calling people who don't rate him slimey cunts (even though they clearly are).

If you honestly think that the reason you get called slimy is because of your opinion on a player, rather than you being slimy, then you're genuinely more dense and obtuse than I thought. 

• Downvote 1

If you honestly think that the reason you get called slimy is because of your opinion on a player, rather than you being slimy, then you're genuinely more dense and obtuse than I thought.

Well I don't think I've ever discussed anything but football with you, so it would be a fair assumption? Unless you follow me around the forum, which would be pretty weird, but to be honest I wouldn't put it past you at this point.

Probably rather keep him than Milner, but I guess he'll be off. So long as his place is taken by an absolute quality midfielder and not a couple of promising kids.

And you think that is likely mate ?

Our decline is largely down to losing good players and getting shite in to replace them.

I hope Klopp genuinely draws a line and reverses that trend. Allen should stay for the time being because there are worse players than him that need fucking off first 

Probably rather keep him than Milner, but I guess he'll be off. So long as his place is taken by an absolute quality midfielder and not a couple of promising kids.

To be honest,if we hadn't paid so much for Allen and relatively little for Milner I think Milner would deserve the same sort of criticism. I have been very unimpressed by him too. Wasnt expecting a great deal like but we have so many 'meh' type players its difficult to tell one from the other.

Well I don't think I've ever discussed anything but football with you, so it would be a fair assumption? Unless you follow me around the forum, which would be pretty weird, but to be honest I wouldn't put it past you at this point.

Its quite amazing how people fall out over footballing matters on here rather than odious racial or bigoted views revealed on the GF.

I even seem to agree with Stronts on most footballing topics here too.

(I am not saying Stronts has racist or bigoted views just that our politics differ but we can agree on most things football without name calling and developing a strange internet fallout.)

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Read the first sentence. Read the second sentence. You're welcome. 

Its quite amazing how people fall out over footballing matters on here rather than odious racial or bigoted views revealed on the GF.

I even seem to agree with Stronts on most footballing topics here too.

(I am not saying Stronts has racist or bigoted views just that our politics differ but we can agree on most things football without name calling and developing a strange internet fallout.)

Beats me. I rather enjoy the back and forth when discussing a divisive player like Lucas, Sakho, Allen, and Moreno. Seems Numero and Stringvest take it personally enough to be resort to insults. I don't really care too much to be honest, I just find it a bit strange. As you said it's just football.

And you think that is likely mate ?

Our decline is largely down to losing good players and getting shite in to replace them.

I hope Klopp genuinely draws a line and reverses that trend. Allen should stay for the time being because there are worse players than him that need fucking off first

Well I hope so, but I'm not confident. We already have Can and this Grujic kid who we hope to develop, get a top quality fully formed player to sit behind 2 out of Hendo, Can or Coutinho. Then have Grujic, Allen and a couple of the local lads to make up the squad.

If you disagree with my points, just argue against them. No need for ad hominem. Neither you or him even know me. You think Allen played well? Well I don't, I prefer to discuss/debate the reasons, than resort to name calling. I'm 30 years old for goodness sake.

Keep posting your opinions, chief. Stringy has some bizarre views on association football and NV could start an argument in an empty room. Don't take it personally. 

• Upvote 5

Did anybody get past JPs 'I dont want to criticise Klopp but....' before he obviously does.

As we start piling up trophies under Klopp JP will be scrambling through the newspapers to find criticism of Kloppo to use on here.

Even when I've defended BR I haven't criticised Klopp but I honestly thought as soon as I saw the line up that Klopp was doing something strange.Im fairly sure I rate Allen more then him but I knew as soon as I saw the line up he wasn't going to have a great performance, he was destined to have a quiet game.

So just looking at the facts Klopp made Allen captain and put the attention on him for a game where it was very likely he wasn't going to be great, if someone like me who rates him so highly could see that Klopp must have known that also.

Maybe I'm crazy for thinking a manager doesn't want a player he's planning to sell to get too popular with the fanbase, I'm surprised by the reaction on here as I've seen most of you believe theories that were much more unrealistic and had nothing to back them up.

• Downvote 1

I think he rates Allen similarly as he does Benteke i.e. not very much, but willing to be proven wrong. They don't start league games, but they do FA cup with the other fringe players.

Klopp is new to the team JP, he'd be too busy trying to coach the team into his own style of play whilst still trying to get results, to be scheming Joe Allen's exit in the background. And it's Joe Allen FFS, not many (other than a loud few) would be overly bothered about him leaving.