You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Joe Allen thread

MLB

If you disagree with my points, just argue against them. No need for ad hominem. Neither you or him even know me. You think Allen played well? Well I don't, I prefer to discuss/debate the reasons, than resort to name calling. I'm 30 years old for goodness sake.

It's the lack of context you have that's the problem. All you did yesterday was criticize Allen and this was a game where we controlled the midfield, created enough scoring chances to win the game and held a strong West Ham side to 1 shot on target.

It just makes no sense. He didn't have his best game but all game all you were posting about was "wow Allen isn't taking his chance here, he's being outplayed by Brannagan and Stewart, etc..." You did the same with Sakho against United. He clearly had a fine game but you just couldn't stop criticizing him even though he wasn't at fault for anything because you have this weird agenda against certain players. 

By the way, don't say you offer debate, because you don't. You talk shit and leave it at that.

• Upvote 2

If you disagree with my points, just argue against them. No need for ad hominem. Neither you or him even know me. You think Allen played well? Well I don't, I prefer to discuss/debate the reasons, than resort to name calling. I'm 30 years old for goodness sake.

You don't rate Allen and Sakho, and you're not particularly subtle with your criticism of them. It's why people that do rate Allen and Sakho think you're a poo head.

It's the lack of context you have that's the problem. All you did yesterday was criticize Allen and this was a game where we controlled the midfield, created enough scoring chances to win the game and held a strong West Ham side to 1 shot on target.

It just makes no sense. He didn't have his best game but all game all you were posting about was "wow Allen isn't taking his chance here, he's being outplayed by Brannagan and Stewart, etc..." You did the same with Sakho against United. He clearly had a fine game but you just couldn't stop criticizing him even though he wasn't at fault for anything because you have this weird agenda against certain players.

By the way, don't say you offer debate, because you don't. You talk shit and leave it at that.

It's a match thread 3 Stacks. Emotions run high. You just want to post what you think.. The context is the match.

You don't rate Allen and Sakho, and you're not particularly subtle with your criticism of them. It's why people that do rate Allen and Sakho think you're a poo head.

I don't think they're particularly good players. I much prefer to discuss why though, rather than chase a poster around the forum, calling them names. I was particularly disappointed by Allen's display last night, as he was meant to lead yet he went hiding, hence my criticism.

I don't think they're particularly good players. I much prefer to discuss why though, rather than chase a poster around the forum, calling them names. I was particularly disappointed by Allen's display last night, as he was meant to lead yet he went hiding, hence my criticism.

I know you don't, and I wasn't criticising you. I was disappointed with Allen yesterday as well, he'd been playing well previously and whilst I don't think he was awful yesterday, as you appear to think, I thought he was quite poor.

• Upvote 1

With apologies to Peter, someone telling Stringy they're 30 is like me showing Floyd Mayweather my coin purse.

I've got Scotch older than that.  Look.  I was just having a drink with my old schoolmates Terry Wogan and Frank Finlay the other day.  "Go on, have a packet of these home mate cheesy puffs" they said.  "They're delicious.  If I live to be 100 I won't taste a better bar snack". 

So glad I didn't give in.  I can't say I wasn't tempted.  Frank in particular was a very difficult man to say no to.  

• Upvote 1

This is what you said about Sakho after Stoke:

"I'm disappointed that he pussied out. Some on here talked him up as a leader. Not much leading is it, letting a young player like Can, take a penalty in a shoot out before him?"

Sakho hasn't taken a penalty in his career, but you used this opportunity to basically call him a pussy because he wouldn't take one over someone like Can who's actually taken and scored a penalty for us in the past.

You're a joke.

• Upvote 1

"I'm disappointed that he pussied out. Some on here talked him up as a leader. Not much leading is it, letting a young player like Can, take a penalty in a shoot out before him?"

Sakho hasn't taken a penalty in his career, but you used this opportunity to basically call him a pussy because he wouldn't take one over someone like Can who's actually taken and scored a penalty for us in the past.

You're a joke.

Yer ma.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

You're a joke.

Lol, what relevant does this have?

I was clearly talking about Sakho and what I perceived to be his lack of leadership skills during the penalty shoot-out (rightly or wrongly), on a the thread about... Yep you guessed it.. Penalties. I'm okay if you disagree with it. Many did. If you do, please feel free to.

I think Moreno is a good player, but I don't go around the forum calling people who don't rate him slimey cunts (even though they clearly are).

Guest Numero Veinticinco

It really has nothing to do with Allen, who I said about a lifetime ago that I would sell. I know plenty of people on here that don't like Allen or Sakho, I don't care. They're not squealing shitheads. If they were, I'd call them squealing shitheads, too. 

I was clearly talking about Sakho and what I perceived to be his lack of leadership skills during the penalty shoot-out (rightly or wrongly), on a the thread about... Yep you guessed it.. Penalties. I'm okay if you disagree with it. Many did. If you do, please feel free to.

I think Moreno is a good player, but I don't go around the forum calling people who don't rate him slimey cunts (even though they clearly are).

The relevance is that it's another example of you talking complete shit about a player you don't rate and trying to find any reason (no matter how retarded they are) to criticize them.

It's really annoying and makes you look like a cunt. Which is why you have people calling you a cunt. It's simple, man.

The relevance is that it's another example of you talking complete shit about a player you don't rate and trying to find any reason (no matter how retarded they are) to criticize them.

It's really annoying and makes you look like a cunt. Which is why you have people calling you a cunt. It's simple, man.

If you find disagreeing with people annoying, I would suggest limiting your social contact to only with your mum.

It really has nothing to do with Allen, who I said about a lifetime ago that I would sell. I know plenty of people on here that don't like Allen or Sakho, I don't care. They're not squealing shitheads. If they were, I'd call them squealing shitheads, too.

Ah so this is about me reporting your abusive posts on MF?

My mistake, I had thought you would've gotten over that.. and now back from your self-ban to talk about football.

• Downvote 1

Guest Numero Veinticinco

If you find disagreeing with people annoying, I would suggest limiting your social contact to only with your mum.

Quod Erat Demonstrandum, I think is the term the smart people use. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Whist we have Mignolet and Benteke stinking the place out why is anyone that excited by Joe Allen either way. He's a decent enough squad player and should stay at least whilst we deal with more pressing issues

Pretty much sums it up for me too.

A decent GK and better striking options would improve us dramatically and pretty quickly,I'd like to think.

That automatically disqualifies your opinion about football right there.

• Downvote 1