You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No. Roma 84 were the first (I think).

Real Madrid won it at the Bernabeu in 1957 or 1958 (not sure which), and Inter won it in 1965 at the San Siro (after screwing us over in the semis). Since then, I think only Roma have played at home in the final. Just because Bayern are at home doesn't guarantee a win for them.

If you follow this link, I think it shows the ball Ramos booted into orbit, as well as those of Adam, Stam and Waddle. Don't believe the graphic that those round things are the moons of some distant planet.

Guest San Don
Still think Bayern will win its in Munich the final remember.

Sure that's not chris waddle's pelanty from Italia 90 semi against the germans!?

Bayern at home, admittedly with suspensions, but with two of the best wingers in Europe, aiming at a 40 goal CF against a team without their Captain, best defender and arguably best midfielder. I know Chelsea have had some luck, but unless it's actually fate i can't see past an efficient Bayern side handling the pressure of the occassion and lifting that trophy.

Bayern can rest players, Chelsea need fourth and have another cup final to focus on.

Guest San Don
Real Madrid won it at the Bernabeu in 1957 or 1958 (not sure which), and Inter won it in 1965 at the San Siro (after screwing us over in the semis). Since then, I think only Roma have played at home in the final.

Just because Bayern are at home doesn't guarantee a win for them.

That's interesting. Until 1984, UEFA (or its predecessor) didnt normally pick the final venue until they knew who the quarter finalist were to prevent a team in the comp having 'home' advantage in the final.

They selected Roma in 84 to honour some italian football federation guy who had died that year then decided they needed to identify the final venue well in advance to make sure the venue was up to standard or such stuff.

They selected Roma in 84 to honour some italian football federation guy who had died that year then decided they needed to identify the final venue well in advance to make sure the venue was up to standard or such stuff.

You probably mean Artemio Franchi, who was UEFA President until he died earlier that year.

Guest TK-421
What the fuck happens if two German teams take penalties against each other? Are sleep breaks allowed?

A ruthlessly efficient emotionless machine of a goalkeeper will eventually pull out a stunning save.

And then they picked Heysel.

Happy with the result tonight. I thought it was a high quality game, especially in the first half.

It makes my heart sink a bit though to see how far behind these teams we are these days.

And then they picked Heysel.

Happy with the result tonight. I thought it was a high quality game, especially in the first half.

It makes my heart sink a bit though to see how far behind these teams we are these days.

Same here , i was thinking it to , we are a million miles away from being in the CL and being capable of going deep in it.

We would get bent over and spanked by the likes of Real and Bayern with our current team.

Another night pining for those Euro glory nights for me.

UEFA must be creaming themselves, the best pair of semis that I can rememeber and a classic final awaits .

Come on Kenny - sort it out!

Am I the only one who thought the Barca Chelsea games were utter fucking shite?

What a little shit house cunt Mourinho is fucking off down the tunnel, I'm fucking made up Bayern are through cunt of a man!

"I had the same situation when Chelsea played Liverpool in a semi-final. Liverpool were 30 points off the top and played a reserve team at Fulham whilst Chelsea fought every game to win the championship that season.

Great to know this still bugs him, he was complaining about having to play Barca before this game and Bayern could rest some of their players

It won't even be close, Ribery and Robben will tear Chelsea a new one.

Yeah. Loads of people said that Barca would batter Chelsea too. Then when they lost the first leg, they'd beat them "by at least three goals" at the Camp Nou, when it was pretty obvious that they wouldn't.

Chelsea have an ominous look about them. Very often the best team doesn't win the European Cup - look at us in 2005 - and this year the best team in Europe won't win it, no matter who does.

I have a a nasty, horrible feeling that it will be Chelsea.

The Barca v Chelsea first leg was alright. The second leg was annoying, not for the Barca loss, but that they didn't know what else to do when the pass-pass-pass-pass into the net plan didn't work.

The first half of the RM v Bayern 2nd leg was really good though.

Am I the only one who thought the Barca Chelsea games were utter fucking shite?

Last nights game was twenty times better than the game the night before. But who cares, if I have to explain or argue with someone as to WHY last night was better then I will just walk away. I really dont want to be spending any more time in contact with that person, I dont need him/her in my life, we share no common understanding of football.

I just can't shake the feeling that Chelsea are going to win it. I know that Bayern should, but it's not enough to defeat the ides.

That said, Bayern now have a couple of suspensions as well.

Robben, fuck me, how or why did Madrid not want to keep that?

Ribery as well, he caused them problems, but Gomez was everything you need from a lone striker, he is what Carroll should aim to be.

Didn't realise Kroos was that good as well.

You know, I watched that game last night, and for the life of me I can't tell you the name of a Bayern centre back.

Yeah. Loads of people said that Barca would batter Chelsea too. Then when they lost the first leg, they'd beat them "by at least three goals" at the Camp Nou, when it was pretty obvious that they wouldn't.

Chelsea have an ominous look about them. Very often the best team doesn't win the European Cup - look at us in 2005 - and this year the best team in Europe won't win it, no matter who does.

I have a a nasty, horrible feeling that it will be Chelsea.

Barca could and should have battered them, shots hitting woodwork and pens missed, it would have broken Chelsea who would need to have stopped defending their box. Luck DID play a big part in those games for Chelsea, so the initial expectation of 3-0 wins were correct, but the fates decided otherwise.

Can't believe Madrid did that last night.

That Sergio Ramos is a fucking liability, and I was saying that to myself before the pens. He's not good enough.

Khedira played well at times, but him and Alonso gave no protection at all to that defence, I'm not sure what they were doing when they didnt have the ball, it just always ended in a Bayern attack.

Di Maria is the Argentinian Stewart Downing, all bluster and pace but fuck all happens.

Ozil is a genius maestro mother fucker.