You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah. Loads of people said that Barca would batter Chelsea too. Then when they lost the first leg, they'd beat them "by at least three goals" at the Camp Nou, when it was pretty obvious that they wouldn't.

Chelsea have an ominous look about them. Very often the best team doesn't win the European Cup - look at us in 2005 - and this year the best team in Europe won't win it, no matter who does.

I have a a nasty, horrible feeling that it will be Chelsea.

To be fair, Barcelona did batter Chelsea. They just forgot to score any goals.

It'll be trickier to park the bus against Bayern because of how they play. They'll attack at pace, and are willing to shoot from further out than two yards. They can also lump it into the box to Gomez, if need be.

No Terry or Ivanovic from the start probably means at least one hilarious defender, probably Monobrow. Even if he did have a great 50 minutes against Barcelona, he'll have to step out of his own six yard box against Bayern. The odd Chelsea fan I have the misfortune of knowing think of him about as favourably as most of us did Konchesky.

Agree with that Jairzo, Bosingwa isn't going to get away with it.

That said, it won't be him, it can't be him, surely, as much as we want it to be him.

Chelsea's likely team in front of Cech?

Bosingwa

Cahill

Luiz

Cole

Mata

Lampard

Mikel

Essien

Kalou

Drogba

Subs: Torres, Malouda, Romeu, Bertrand, Ferreira, Sturridge

Surely that can't beat Bayern with only Alaba, Badstuber and Gustavo suspended?

They have Tymoshuck, Rafinha, Muller, Olic, Contento and Pranjic all available to help in the shuffle.

I think your Chelsea team looks spot on, and will probably be set up to defend for 90 minutes and occasionally smash the ball towards Drogba. Mata will come off after 65 minutes with a "whats the fucking point?" look on his face.

Who'll partner Boateng at centreback for Bayern?

Forgot about Rafinha and Pranjic, fucking good players not even getting sniff.

Guest Pistonbroke
It won't even be close, Ribery and Robben will tear Chelsea a new one.

Living in Germany i watch a hell of a lot of the Bundesliga and those two have been utter shite on quite a few occasions. If they perform well then the Chavs will have a problem, if they don't it affects the whole balance of the Bayern team as they rely on them too much at times. Gomez is a very good striker but you seen last night that he is capable of missing some very easy chances. Bayern playing at home will be added pressure for them, they are odds on favourites with the bookies which is more added pressure, their defence is pretty shit and they are missing two of their better defenders for the final. I hate Bayern as they are the mancs of Germany, still want them to bum the chav cunts like, but it is not going to be as easy as some on here reckon. Bayern have lost seven games in the Bundesliga this season and Dortmund apart the Bundesliga has been very weak this season.

I don't think it will be easy. Chelsea showed that they can defend well and are clinical in their counter attack play. That said, their counter attack consisted of a long ball from either Cech or a defender, to Ramires/Drogba. If they play long ball again at the Allianz, I think they'll concede far too much possession. We'll see. Should be an interesting matchup with Chelsea's lone striker vs whoever is the CB pairing for Bayern, and Luiz v Robben.

Guest Pistonbroke
I don't think Bundesliga form will have much bearing. They've geared up for this game all season.

Just think they'll have too much for Chelsea.

That is utter bullshit.

Guest Pistonbroke
Oh, ok. Not much of an incentive having the Champions League final in your own ground.

You said "They've geared up for this game all season.", they really haven't. It goes without saying that playing on your home ground in a final is an incentive but they were geared up to win the league and to see how far they could progress in the CL like any other team. They probably only started thinking about a possible final after they made the semi's...not all season mate.

You said "They've geared up for this game all season.", they really haven't. It goes without saying that playing on your home ground in a final is an incentive but they were geared up to win the league and to see how far they could progress in the CL like any other team. They probably only started thinking about a possible final after they made the semi's...not all season mate.

It'll have been on their mind all season, thats all I really meant. It would have been their number one aim at the start of the year.

And its been obvious for a while they weren't going to win the league.

Because its at their ground, I don't agree with the bit in bold.

Guest Pistonbroke
It'll have been on their mind all season, thats all I really meant. It would have been their number one aim at the start of the year.

And its been obvious for a while they weren't going to win the league.

Because its at their ground, I don't agree with the bit in bold.

Their number one aim was the Bundesliga title and getting it back from Dortmund mate.

Living in Germany i watch a hell of a lot of the Bundesliga and those two have been utter shite on quite a few occasions. If they perform well then the Chavs will have a problem, if they don't it affects the whole balance of the Bayern team as they rely on them too much at times. Gomez is a very good striker but you seen last night that he is capable of missing some very easy chances. Bayern playing at home will be added pressure for them, they are odds on favourites with the bookies which is more added pressure, their defence is pretty shit and they are missing two of their better defenders for the final. I hate Bayern as they are the mancs of Germany, still want them to bum the chav cunts like, but it is not going to be as easy as some on here reckon. Bayern have lost seven games in the Bundesliga this season and Dortmund apart the Bundesliga has been very weak this season.

Yeah but theres plenty of Chelsea players have been shite all season, eg Torres Chelsea have been shite in the league also remember. I find anything you can throw at Bayern you can also throw at Chelsea.

Except Chelsea dont have SCHWEINSTEIGER.

A FUCKING MONSTER OF A PLAYER.

Guest Pistonbroke
Yeah but theres plenty of Chelsea players have been shite all season, eg Torres Chelsea have been shite in the league also remember. I find anything you can throw at Bayern you can also throw at Chelsea.

He has been out injured for two months and just recently returned, a big plus for Bayern. Chelsea have also hit some form of late, they may not be playing great football but they are winning. Think it will be a lot closer than some think.

Guest TK-421

He is the pinnacle of human evolution. A perfect specimen. Freeze his jizz and populate Mars together we can rule the galaxy.

Guest Pistonbroke
Bored of the Champions League now...

So, can Valencia turn round a two-goal deficit at home to Athletico?

And will Bilbao secure the 1-0 win that would take them past Sporting?

Ready...

Steady...

GO!!

Looking forward to Bilbao v Sporting. Sporting will probably set out all defensive but if need be they can attack with pace. Have a feeling it will be a Sporting v Athletico final.

Their number one aim was the Bundesliga title and getting it back from Dortmund mate.

"My players are tired, the tension was high, but we’ve achieved our main objective of the season, it was almost an obsession for us to play the final in our stadium". A quote from Juup Heynckes. I think you'll have to concede that you are wrong on this.

I don't think Bundesliga form will have much bearing. They've geared up for this game all season.

Just think they'll have too much for Chelsea.

"My players are tired, the tension was high, but we’ve achieved our main objective of the season, it was almost an obsession for us to play the final in our stadium".

Just thought I'd post this quote from Heynckes again to prove that what you say is not 'utter bullshit' as some would have you believe.

"My players are tired, the tension was high, but we’ve achieved our main objective of the season, it was almost an obsession for us to play the final in our stadium". A quote from Juup Heynckes. I think you'll have to concede that you are wrong on this.

I never understand why leagues or cups get prioritised over each other, surely if a set of footballers are talented enough they are fit enough to go for both League, Champions League and domestic cups, fair enough if you can't be fussed with the Europa League but for a club like Bayern to not be arsed about the league is a joke

I never understand why leagues or cups get prioritised over each other, surely if a set of footballers are talented enough they are fit enough to go for both League, Champions League and domestic cups, fair enough if you can't be fussed with the Europa League but for a club like Bayern to not be arsed about the league is a joke

I very much doubt that they 'weren't arsed' about the league. The chance to play the european cup final at your own stadium is an opportunity that comes along once in a lifetime. Surely you can understand why it may have had extra importance for them this year?

Guest Pistonbroke

Easy to say that once the league title is out of your grasp, they weren't saying this earlier in the season.