You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Faith and Religion

VladimirIlyich

9 hours ago, Kepler-186 said:

Muslim hate preacher hates gays big surprise hardly a discussion is it? 

What should be done about it? 

Maybe we should stop talking about corrupt politicians behaving corruptly. Or at least not raise it on the appropriate threads.

15 minutes ago, Elite said:

People dedicate their lives to this nonsense!

I just think it leaves you with two options:

1.  It never happened; or

2. God is such a cunt he would attack children with bears, just for laughing at a slaphead.

2 hours ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

2. God is such a cunt he would attack children with bears, just for laughing at a slaphead.

Struggling to see what’s wrong with option 2.

7 hours ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

Sorry, but as somebody who has lost a lot of hair I’m totally on board with God here.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Anubis said:

Sorry, but as somebody who has lost a lot of hair I’m totally on board with God here.

I’ve still got a full head of hair, but as the classic quote goes, “first they came for the baldies, but I did nothing as I had lots of hair, then they came for the gays but I did nothing as I wasn’t gay, next they came for middle aged blokes who can’t hold their beer any more - Oi God! Where’s the fucking bears?!”

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, Jose Jones said:

I’ve still got a full head of hair, but as the classic quote goes, “first they came for the baldies, but I did nothing as I had lots of hair, then they came for the gays but I did nothing as I wasn’t gay, next they came for middle aged blokes who can’t hold their beer any more - Oi God! Where’s the fucking bears?!”

Ain't no bears in Bethel no more. If it happened today, God would have to set sheep on them or something.

Nice to see a bit of pushback against this nonsense for once

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-68617438

King's Cross: Network Rail removes Ramadan message after complaints

_132973079_3a3ce7c7-d127-4545-b8e4-aa7a3

A sign at London King's Cross station that displayed an Islamic message for Ramadan has been removed, Network Rail said.

Passengers posted photos of the message on social media, along with a mix of complaints and praise for the passage.

Network Rail said the message should not have been displayed on the main train departure board.

It said it was investigating why "general Ramadan celebratory messages weren't used".

A Network Rail spokesperson told BBC London: "We celebrate all the big religious festivals from Christmas to Ramadan at King's Cross to reflect our diverse passenger and employee base."

However, the spokesperson said: "Our main departure board should be reserved for train information and our general Ramadan celebratory messages weren't used for some reason, which we're looking into.

"All has now been corrected."

Some took to X and complained about the passage, known as a Hadith, being displayed.

Humanists UK posted a statement on the social media platform to say it felt public train stations "should not be urging 'sinners' to repent".

The campaign group said: "It is obviously inappropriate and profoundly misjudged to broadcast hadiths or any religious scripture at passengers. We will be writing to the transport secretary to outline our concerns."

1 hour ago, Strontium said:

Nice to see a bit of pushback against this nonsense for once

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-68617438

King's Cross: Network Rail removes Ramadan message after complaints

_132973079_3a3ce7c7-d127-4545-b8e4-aa7a3

A sign at London King's Cross station that displayed an Islamic message for Ramadan has been removed, Network Rail said.

Passengers posted photos of the message on social media, along with a mix of complaints and praise for the passage.

Network Rail said the message should not have been displayed on the main train departure board.

It said it was investigating why "general Ramadan celebratory messages weren't used".

A Network Rail spokesperson told BBC London: "We celebrate all the big religious festivals from Christmas to Ramadan at King's Cross to reflect our diverse passenger and employee base."

However, the spokesperson said: "Our main departure board should be reserved for train information and our general Ramadan celebratory messages weren't used for some reason, which we're looking into.

"All has now been corrected."

Some took to X and complained about the passage, known as a Hadith, being displayed.

Humanists UK posted a statement on the social media platform to say it felt public train stations "should not be urging 'sinners' to repent".

The campaign group said: "It is obviously inappropriate and profoundly misjudged to broadcast hadiths or any religious scripture at passengers. We will be writing to the transport secretary to outline our concerns."

What “nonsense” ? 

So, a perfectly sane and reasonable position is disdained because you may not like some of the (uncited, unspecified) people who agreed with it. Peak petty tribalism reaches a fresh zenith. Outstanding work, truly outstanding.

Just a heads up for the future though, calling people racist because they don't want to be proselytised to on their morning commute may not be the most productive way of winning anyone around.

• Upvote 1

Possibly my favourite part of that.

"Passengers on Platform 9 awaiting the 11.30 from Euston, please repent your sins now."

2 hours ago, Strontium said:

So, a perfectly sane and reasonable position is disdained because you may not like some of the (uncited, unspecified) people who agreed with it. Peak petty tribalism reaches a fresh zenith. Outstanding work, truly outstanding.

Just a heads up for the future though, calling people racist because they don't want to be proselytised to on their morning commute may not be the most productive way of winning anyone around.

You talkin' to me?

Get the sand out of your vagina and just read what I posted.

1 hour ago, Anubis said:

Possibly my favourite part of that.

"Passengers on Platform 9 awaiting the 11.30 from Euston, please repent your sins now."

That will be displayed over Easter, when it's turn for Christian religious propaganda.

Just now, SasaS said:

That will be displayed over Easter, when it's turn for Christian religious propaganda.

And of course if it happens and people complain, it will be the same people who complained about the Ramadan display ……