You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

1 hour ago, s(k)aturation said:

Speaking of cunts, I haven't been up with it all for the last 24 hours or so... but I notice that cunt Bairstow only made 78 off 103 balls.

I don’t have a problem with him being in the side as a batsman although I don’t like him as a person. 

My issue is with his keeping. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

33 minutes ago, lifetime fan said:

I don’t have a problem with him being in the side as a batsman although I don’t like him as a person. 

He can't cope with any criticism. He'll usually resort to claims of being bullied although he's quite happy to get his elbows out when it suits him.

Was it really smart of Broad to announce his retirement on the eve of the final day of an ashes test match? It's become his testimonial.

39 minutes ago, lifetime fan said:

Indeed. He's a rubbish wicketkeeper, and probably cost us at least one test. 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, clangers said:

He can't cope with any criticism. He'll usually resort to claims of being bullied although he's quite happy to get his elbows out when it suits him.

Was it really smart of Broad to announce his retirement on the eve of the final day of an ashes test match? It's become his testimonial.

Bad from Broad for me, total ego at work which to be fair is him to a tee. Anderson should not still be playing either.

1 hour ago, lifetime fan said:

I'm not interested in them as people anymore, I gave up on that long ago  - I just watch them play cricket.

He shouldn't be keeper.  

Bats well enough I think though, and should probably open.

The Aussie openers looked ominously comfortable. Not a lot doing in the pitch and I can't see Moen's spin ripping through them.

The perfect scenario tomorrow is that Jimmy & Broad get 5 wickets a piece and then Jimmy also announces his retirement and they both go out with a bang.  Not a chance of it happening of course.

22 minutes ago, sir roger said:

Would love England to win and overall feel they deserve to share the series, but if Australia knock those runs off then hats off they deserve the series win.

Agree I think England have been the better said for most of all the tests but in the big moments when it mattered the aussies stepped up so fair play

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

Bad from Broad for me, total ego at work which to be fair is him to a tee. Anderson should not still be playing either.

This all over… there was an air of “Do it for Broady” today, let’s hope tomorrow is like any other 5th day and we can get them all out.

It was leaked to the media an hour before play finished on day 3, they could’ve done the same tomorrow. Stokes and McCullum should’ve told him to keep schtum until we’d won the test 

• Upvote 1

Broad will definitely go into media. A successful career behind him, is well-spoken and a handsome bastard too. The cunt. 

Most Aussies rate him as the better bowler of the two. To be fair, his Ashes record is considerably better than Anderson's, so there is a basis for that opinion. 

A fascinating final day of one of the great Ashes series. And my twins are both in hospital for a sleep test overnight. Fortunately I'm in there with one, my wife with the other.

Anyone who has spent the night with one of their kids in a hospital knows you sleep fuck all anyway, with machines beeping, nurses entering the room at all hours, etc. Thank goodness I've got tomorrow off! 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 5

1 hour ago, A_S said:

Broad will definitely go into media. A successful career behind him, is well-spoken and a handsome bastard too. The cunt. 

Most Aussies rate him as the better bowler of the two. To be fair, his Ashes record is considerably better than Anderson's, so there is a basis for that opinion. 

A fascinating final day of one of the great Ashes series. And my twins are both in hospital for a sleep test overnight. Fortunately I'm in there with one, my wife with the other.

Anyone who has spent the night with one of their kids in a hospital knows you sleep fuck all anyway, with machines beeping, nurses entering the room at all hours, etc. Thank goodness I've got tomorrow off! 

Hope it's nothing serious with the kids mate.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, A_S said:

Al good, thanks mate. Just a suspicion of mild sleep apnea, as their brother had it. 

Scary shit when kids have stuff like that even if it is mild. Kids are designed to give us sleepless nights. My youngest is 12 now and all 3 still scare the shit out of me.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, s(k)aturation said:

After England (read: Woakes) run through us today, should we prep ourselves for the "it should have been 4-0" hue and cries?

Yes, there will be plenty of that. England will be the moral victors whatever happens of course. The goodies.