Quantcast
The Official Cricket Thread - GF - General Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content

As Indian Red said we need a general cricket thread, and here it is.

Cracking game going on in South Africa at the minute, it's only day 2 and were just heading into the final innings.

Aus 1st innings

284 all out (75.0 overs)

SA 1st innings

96 all out (24.3 overs)

Aus 2nd innings

47 all out

SA 236 needed to win.

22 wickets so far in the day, the most ever in a single day of Test Cricket in South Africa (27 being the most ever), and with the best part of 30 overs still left in the day.

Anyone at Newlands today will have seen action in all four innings of the game.

Australia's 4th lowest innings total of all time, and the lowest against SA.

Fuck me, completely missed this and I love me cricket. I'm working far too many hours at the moment!

Surely Sky will do an extended highlights job of this? Hardly the same but still well worth watching.

I turned it off at the start of the Aussie innings to watch a programme I had recorded then checked twitter and everyone was raving that they were nine down. Couldnt believe it.

I turned it off at the start of the Aussie innings to watch a programme I had recorded then checked twitter and everyone was raving that they were nine down. Couldnt believe it.

Least I wasn't the only one from the usual cricket posters to miss it.

Indeed.

The fact Clarke got 151 in the first innings, and Amla and Smith both got centuries in SA's 2nd innings - means the wicket wasn't that bad at all.

Cracking game mind

Least I wasn't the only one from the usual cricket posters to miss it.

Tell me about it. It always used to happen during the Ashes last year. Id stay up till tea and there would be hardly any wickets to fall, Id go to be around 4 and there would be a flurry of wickets in the evening session. Used to do my head in.

Used to like my cricket but since sky screens 99.9% of it I cant be arsed with it much any more.

Streams online are not the greatest either to be honest.

I also think games that last more than a couple of days dont really fit in with modern life.

Limited overs is the way to go although cricket purists would argue against it but I feel peoples viewing habits have changed and cricket needs to accomodate this.

What streams do you use mate? I have found crictime.com very good for our series against you. cricketlinks.org used to be good in the past.

Ive just used whatever I've found and theyve all been a bit ropey. Its a lot like the golfing streams which tend to be a bit jumpy.

try crictime its boss. Good to see the Saffers softening up the Aussies for us. I`ve always had a soft spot for SA. Quite possibly the unluckiest team in the world cups.

Hope Smith gets a ton here. Looking unlikely tho. He's 90 n.o.

SA need 14 to win with 8 wickets in hand.

I can't stand the cunt, only a copper stopped me and him having a ruck together.

Wanker.

Tell me about it. It always used to happen during the Ashes last year. Id stay up till tea and there would be hardly any wickets to fall, Id go to be around 4 and there would be a flurry of wickets in the evening session. Used to do my head in.

I pissed the bird right off with that series mate.

I had a shit load of TOIL to take and had a weeks AL for me birthday when the 5th test was on. We were on holiday and she didn't appreciate me staying up all night watching the cricket and drinking then sleeping during the day.

Used to like my cricket but since sky screens 99.9% of it I cant be arsed with it much any more.

Streams online are not the greatest either to be honest.

I also think games that last more than a couple of days dont really fit in with modern life.

Limited overs is the way to go although cricket purists would argue against it but I feel peoples viewing habits have changed and cricket needs to accomodate this.

Couldn't disagree more mate. Well, certainly not with England.

I'll watch and enjoy any limited overs cricket no matter the nationality of those participating. But the pinnicle is and will always be England in a 5 day test and the longer a competitive series the better.

Couldn't disagree more mate. Well, certainly not with England.

I'll watch and enjoy any limited overs cricket no matter the nationality of those participating. But the pinnicle is and will always be England in a 5 day test and the longer a competitive series the better.

You are a purist LF,thats why you disagree.

I watch sky sports reporters reporting on county championship games and almost all the grounds are half empty. I'm actually surprised that these counties are able to stay in business.

You are a purist LF,thats why you disagree.

I watch sky sports reporters reporting on county championship games and almost all the grounds are half empty. I'm actually surprised that these counties are able to stay in business.

I really wouldn't class myself as a purist mate.

I used to have a full membership for Gloucestershire through their gym. I reckon I watched 2 days county cricket in 3 years and that was after night shifts with a few beers and a pillow!

I agree SSN reporters on the whole are shit but bar Botham their test coverage is excellent. I could listen to Holding all day long and the dirty perverted old cunt Bumble always makes me laugh. Atherton is a student of the game but his Times articles do him more favours than the telly does. Nasser is there because Vaughan refused to sign up.

Add Richie Benaud, Mark Nicholas and a few beers and I'm in heaven.