You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Evra accuses Suarez of racism

NickConklin

Spot on, echoing exactly my point on the last page. Evra is a crying cunt and Ferguson couldn't wait to pounce on it.

But Ferguson didn't pounce on it, did he? He didn't accuse Suarez of racism himself but merely reported that Evra wanted to pursue the claim.

There are plenty of sticks to beat Ferguson with but this isn't one of them as he's done little wrong here.

What do you think Evra possibly thought he would have to gain by aiming such a serious allegation at Suarez if it wasn't true? I am not saying he's not lying of course as I have no idea!

It doesn't have to be about some kind of economic gain. People do all sorts of things for the sake of revenge, and Suarez made Evra look like a mug and got under his skin. That's not to say it was clever move on Evra's part -- I think he probably just did it because he was pissed off and wanted to make Luis look like the worse man.

It doesn't have to be about some kind of economic gain. People do all sorts of things for the sake of revenge, and Suarez made Evra look like a mug and got under his skin. That's not to say it was clever move on Evra's part -- I think he probably just did it because he was pissed off and wanted to make Luis look like the worse man.

I never meant or even inferred economic gain. It never crossed my mind Evra would be doing this for money! In my experience people who lie generally do it for some sort of gain unless they are merely compulsive liars.

Saying that, yours is a plausible theory as ego and pride makes us do many a ridiculous thing. And if Evra is lying, he has plumbed new depths in that sense.

I never meant or even inferred economic gain. It never crossed my mind Evra would be doing this for money! In my experience people who lie generally do it for some sort of gain unless they are merely compulsive liars.

Saying that, yours is a plausible theory as ego and pride makes us do many a ridiculous thing. And if Evra is lying, he has plumbed new depths in that sense.

I can't understand why anyone would spend so much time seemingly defending Evra and Ferguson.

I can't understand why anyone would spend so much time seemingly defending Evra and Ferguson.

I wouldn't worry too much about it, MLB!

This whole affair has turned in to one big tibal fest and I was merely trying to redress the balance a little. This from a Manc forum which I |(stupidly) had a peak at today:

"he's such a piece of sh*t that he would do anything I think , that to me is even worse in way, to use racism as way to wind someone up"

Suarez/Evra* is guilty/innocent* of lying/racism* (delete as applicable depending on which team you support)

Ultimately it was a slow work day!

Been away for a few days & not been able to keep up with developments. So have the FA charged & banned Evra for kissing his badge in front of the Kop? Or has all that been lost amongst the chaos he's caused with the allegations? If you're looking for his & Ferguson's motive then I'd suggest you start there

Guest ShoePiss

Just watched the game again, I'd fallen asleep half way through the first half so wanted to see that but also to see when the n word could have been said 10 times with only Evra hearing it.

In the first half Suarez was operating mainly on the left and left of centre, they hardly came into contact, if at all. In the second half Suarez started to pop up right of centre and far right.

On 57' Suarez gives Evra a tap on the knee and Evra theatrically rolls around, screaming in pain before getting up and walking off the field and kissing his badge to our fans.

On 63' there was a corner and Suarez and Evra exchange words, surrounded by other players in earshot and the ref also in earshot. The ref gets the pair of them together saying what I assume was "cut it out". Evra keeps going and gets booked on 64'

Of course all of these observations are on camera stuff but when the camera pans you can work out where Suarez is running from and where Evra is. Apart from the above instances there's very little opportunity for them to be exchanging words and there's virtually no opportunity for them to do it without someone else hearing.

I'm convinced Evra is lying, there's a multitude of proof that this man is a liar and a horrible twat so why not in this case? There's no proof at all about Suarez being a racist, throughout his career. Yes he's had discipline issues but it's not the same thing.

When Downing dived Evra was throwing his arms up, screaming and waiving an imaginary card = twat. When Gerrard was caught by Young (who was booked) Evra tried to say Gerrard caught him in the stomach with his boot, you could clearly see in the replay his boot never touched him = liar

Evra was moaning at the ref from the off, he had absolutely no trouble providing his thoughts and opinions to the ref the entire game. Not fucking once did he mention racial abuse to the ref. He stepped up his mouthy behaviour after the tap on the knee from Suarez.

Oh one thing though, I don't know why people are saying this is because Suarez ripped him to shreds all game because that hardly happened at all.

Guest ShoePiss
I've got nothing against Bollocksmelly so I hope his leg stays unsnapped, but that Evra needs to snap his leg, not Bollocksmelly's leg but Evra's, but by Bollocksmelly, obviously. The fuckin cunt.

Bit early for me right now but what is it you're drinking? I want one later.

Ferguson claiming the FA have told him to remain silent.

Unlike Dalglish?

So y'know one rule for lying Liverpool, the Fa's faves and the team full of divers, and one rule for truthful Corinthian besieged United.

He is so full of shit.

That also requires one to forget the countless times he has brazenly ignored the FA or dismissed them with outright contempt. Like when they ordered him to talk to the BBC years ago and he promptly told them to fuck off and reminded them who was in functional control.

This may have already been mentioned as I can't be arsed to go through all 20 plus pages on this, but Evra accused Steve Finnan of racist comments a few years ago, nothing was proven, during the battle of Stamford Bridge when Utd's players were scuffling with Chelsea's groundstaff/players Evra accused Chelsea's players/staff of calling him an immigrant and now he accuses Suarez of racist comments, seems to me that he is a serial accuser as well as an horrible cnut!

This may have already been mentioned as I can't be arsed to go through all 20 plus pages on this, but Evra accused a few years ago, nothing was proven, during the battle of Stamford Bridge when Utd's players were scuffling with Chelsea's groundstaff/players Evra accused Chelsea's players/staff of calling him an immigrant and now he accuses Suarez of racist comments, seems to me that he is a serial accuser as well as an horrible cnut!

Evra never made a complaint, it was two deaf fans who thought Steve Finnan had made racist comment.

The same with Chesea groundman, Evra never made the complaint it was another member of staff, Evra didn't hear the comment so didn't back up the complaint.

The only racial remark/incident where Evra was involved when he was called a "monkey who bows to the white man" which was from the Senegalese fans for playing for france.

Did anyone else see that little incident near the end where a through-ball was played for Suarez to run onto? The ball was a bit overhit and went through the keeper. Suarez and the defender (Barnett) were both closing in and put the brakes on to avoid a collision with the keeper. Suarez must have nudged Barnett slightly, and put his hand up as a gesture of apology. No big deal. Yet Barnett shoved him away in the same manner that Evra did last weekend. I found it to be needless by Barnett in light of past events, as otherwise there had been no problems. Is this is a sign of Suarez's given reputation (as given by the likes of Ferguson and Evra, for different reasons) beginning to precede him?

Did anyone else see that little incident near the end where a through-ball was played for Suarez to run onto? The ball was a bit overhit and went through the keeper. Suarez and the defender (Barnett) were both closing in and put the brakes on to avoid a collision with the keeper. Suarez must have nudged Barnett slightly, and put his hand up as a gesture of apology. No big deal. Yet Barnett shoved him away in the same manner that Evra did last weekend. I found it to be needless by Barnett in light of past events, as otherwise there had been no problems. Is this is a sign of Suarez's given reputation (as given by the likes of Ferguson and Evra, for different reasons) beginning to precede him?

I dont know about his reputation preceding him in that instance, but Fergusons comment about him apparantly 'diving all over the place' certainly had some impact on Walton's decision making. He didnt give Suarez anything.

And then you had the two dribble chins who were commentating for ESPN saying how shocked they were at how easy Suarez was going down in the match, when in reality he was kicked all over the gaf by the Norwich centre halves.

I find it funny that people back Suarez and claim Evra is a liar despite not one person here having the first idea of what either person is like. Call me crazy, but I bet that on the Utd forums they are backing Evra and calling Suarez a cunt.

I've no idea what may have happened, but I do think it's a very odd thing to just make up. But if it turns out Evra has made it up to get a fellow pro in trouble, then he should get the same type of ban that Suarez would have got if found guilty.

I see Stan Collymore has used his People column to completely ignore the fact there is an FA investigation into the matter, and to talk bullshit. As if the clubs haven't gone to the other players on the field and asked them what they saw or heard.

Evra and Suarez row: The money in football means morals have gone out of the window - Football News - Football - Sport - People.co.uk