You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Evra accuses Suarez of racism

NickConklin

So on the one hand you're saying we can't be sure he won't be charged because nothing has leaked out, and on the other you're saying something has leaked out? Er...

I'll tell you what I believe. I believe Evra has already lied when he told Canal + that he'd reported it to the ref during the game. His evidence has already been disbelieved by the FA previously. And he accused a Chelsea groundsman of assaulting him when he started the fight. So he's a proven liar, and he's been proven to make accusations which are untrue.

I'm with Zeke.

As I say, you can believe what you want. I doubt it's true also, but i just don't go around backing people in issues solely because the play or support the team I do. I just think it's daft.

As for Evra? Not that I'm defenidng him as i think he's a twat, but the racism wasn't proven at Chelsea. For all we know it happened, it just wasn't proven. Many black players are coming out now and saying they get racially abused quite a bit. Beiung unable to prove something does not mean it didn't happen. It seems very odd that Evra would completely out of the blue claim that he was racially abused. I think there probably is more to it, but more then likely a mix up as is been suggested.

I actually think this is all a bit fucking stupid in fact and I can't believe I've got myself involved in such a conversation.

How this has been handled confuses me. It is not for the club to back, or slate, Suarez in adavance of an investigation, and conclusion.

That only happens when a club/manager has class. Fergie hasn't got ANY. He saw it as a great chance to turn the screw on Suarez and he's taken it.

It's obvious to me: Fergie's scared. From his team selection at Anfield right to the way he's handled the Suarez-Evra situation in the media.

Fergie invented mind games don't you know !

As for Evra? Not that I'm defenidng him as i think he's a twat, but the racism wasn't proven at Chelsea. For all we know it happened, it just wasn't proven. Many black players are coming out now and saying they get racially abused quite a bit. Beiung unable to prove something does not mean it didn't happen.

Sorry Johnny, but is that really what you are saying?

Well you're never going to be satisfied that Suarez isn't a racist then, aren't you. Because if he isn't charged, you will be taking the view it may have still happened.

Also, I didn't refer to the racism at Stamford Bridge because that complaint was made by Phelan, not Evra. However, Evra was not believed about the alleged assault, and the tribunal said they belived the groundsman. That says much about Evra's credibility. And the FA were very critical of Phelan's evidence. That says much about his credibility.

Wigan chairman Dave Whelan has ignited a new football race row after he told a radio station that black players have "just got to get on with it".

The Latics' chief believes that those who do complain about on-field insults are "a little bit out of order".

His comments come following racism allegations against John Terry, and an alleged incident involving Patrice Evra and Luis Suarez. Terry and Suarez deny any wrongdoing.

Whelan told radio station LBC 97.3: "If a white man insults a black man, that's big, big news. If, if, a black man insults a white man, that's nothing, and it's expected.

"So I just think we should forget colour, and, you know, it doesn't bother anybody, I'm sure, colour and.... sometimes a footballer... erm, when they're playing at such a level... you know the stress is there.

"And if, if, they call somebody white, if they call somebody black, you've just got to get on with it.

Whelan added: "You know I think the players who come and complain sometimes, they're a little bit out of order.

"The game is a game, the game is a football game, whether you're white, black, pink, red, it doesn't matter. We're all, we're all equal, and we all play football, and we should get on with it."

Wigan chairman Dave Whelan has ignited a new football race row after he told a radio station that black players have "just got to get on with it".

The Latics' chief believes that those who do complain about on-field insults are "a little bit out of order".

His comments come following racism allegations against John Terry, and an alleged incident involving Patrice Evra and Luis Suarez. Terry and Suarez deny any wrongdoing.

Whelan told radio station LBC 97.3: "If a white man insults a black man, that's big, big news. If, if, a black man insults a white man, that's nothing, and it's expected.

"So I just think we should forget colour, and, you know, it doesn't bother anybody, I'm sure, colour and.... sometimes a footballer... erm, when they're playing at such a level... you know the stress is there.

"And if, if, they call somebody white, if they call somebody black, you've just got to get on with it.

Whelan added: "You know I think the players who come and complain sometimes, they're a little bit out of order.

"The game is a game, the game is a football game, whether you're white, black, pink, red, it doesn't matter. We're all, we're all equal, and we all play football, and we should get on with it."

Everybody's favourite racist Grandad.

To be honest I agree with Dave Whelan. These Black List awards that were shown before celebrating black players impact on football. If there was a White List it'd be called racist. A persons race has nothing to do with his ability to play football. If Ferdinand called Terry a honky or such would there be such a stink? I don't think so.. though why Terry, allegedly, needs to bring skin colour into any argument is beyond me. I can only think it'd his minute vocabulary. It's 2011 for fucks sake. Everyone is living everywhere! Can't we just live Ebony and Ivory, together in perfect harmony, side by side blah blah blah..

I should apologise I've had a few drinks!

Sorry Johnny, but is that really what you are saying?

Well you're never going to be satisfied that Suarez isn't a racist then, aren't you. Because if he isn't charged, you will be taking the view it may have still happened.

Also, I didn't refer to the racism at Stamford Bridge because that complaint was made by Phelan, not Evra. However, Evra was not believed about the alleged assault, and the tribunal said they belived the groundsman. That says much about Evra's credibility. And the FA were very critical of Phelan's evidence. That says much about his credibility.

Yep. You've got me. No matter what happens I'm saying he's a racist. Oh, and Aggers back on the beak.

Really shouldn't have bothered should I.

Why on earth have they left in the "...erm" and other pauses? To highlight that he's a doddering old fool?

Utterly bizarre.

Mind, not as bizarre as Uncle Dave's comment that black players racially abusing white players is "expected".

Anyone read the Times today? In an article about Terry/Saurez the journo says that Saurez has defended his use of the word Negro as it's not racist in Hispanic culture. Has he or the club made any such statement?

Have not read the article but it is a simple fact that in Portuguese and Spanish the word 'negro' is the word used to describe a black person.

"He is black' in Portuguese is 'Ele é um negro'. In Spanish it will be something similar.

Not sure it has any relevance to the case, but there you go.

The fact that Sky have been asked to provide their footage of the QPR incident and not the Liverpool incident suggests to me that there is no evidence and that, therefore, the case will be dropped.

There is definitely a bit of momentum in the sports media to target Suarez since Ferguson labelled him as a diver. And it's not just The Mirror. It was evident in the BBC commentary on the Stoke game, and the match reports I've read regarding the penalty. It's all little comments like he "didn't dive... ...this time", etc.

And it's evidently working judging by the reaction of opposition fans, who boo him just for being on the pitch. Fucking horrible Little Englander mentality. I'd like to see our players and management pull interviewers about it.

We just got a penalty didn't we?

Can't see that it's 'working'. Plenty of teams get kicked by Stoke and don't get free kicks or yellow cards.

Suarez to his credit seems immune to what's said about him or done to him, the little terminator genius that he is!

I never said it was working with referees. I know your getting on and the eyes aren't what they were there, old timer, but if you read carefully you'll see I said media and opposition fans.

Couldn't give a shite about whether other teams boo him - it doesn't seem to bother him one bit. He's like Bellamy in that regard. And I think the main reason he's booed is because he's so good - they want to have a go, and the diving is a convenient excuse.

I care more that the refs seem to ignore some fouls on him because they made their minds up before the game. Sure, he got the penalty yesterday, but Mason wasn't going to. And he got fuck all against Norwich.

Fuck you, ginsoak.

Couldn't give a shite about whether other teams boo him - it doesn't seem to bother him one bit. He's like Bellamy in that regard. And I think the main reason he's booed is because he's so good - they want to have a go, and the diving is a convenient excuse.

I care more that the refs seem to ignore some fouls on him because they made their minds up before the game. Sure, he got the penalty yesterday, but Mason wasn't going to. And he got fuck all against Norwich.

Fuck you, ginsoak.

Suarez and especially Carroll get booed where ever we go. Now, with the country being full of biffs who garner their news and intellect from the Daily Star, the s*n and talksport, I can see why they'll boo Suarez given the disgraceful press that he gets. But why Carroll? What has he done to anyone? He gets roasted everywhere he goes.