You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

the worst thing is that Andy Bell is rotting away in beady eye. That man has more talent in his little finger than both Gallaghers put together.

Nothing they've ever done could ever compete with Ride. Nowhere and going blank again piss over everything oasis ever did.

• 2 weeks later...

I grew up in the '90's. Obsessed with Oasis. Knebworth was my first gig.

With hindsight they should have split up after Definitley Maybe, Morning Glory at a push.

Everything else has been absolute shite, this included.

How the fuck anyone can think this is even 'alright' is beyond me.

I'm actually embarrassed for him.

Oh fuck off you massive WUM.

Knebworth was after What's the Story for a start. Saying that they should have possibly split up before that is just stupid. their first two albums were their best, but the others weren't shite.

Anyway, I've decided you're a mong, but I guess you already knew that.

Oh fuck off you massive WUM.

No. WUM for having a different opinion to you? I've hardly espoused a controversial opinion. Be Here Now, Giants, Heathen Chemistry, Don't Believe the Truth and Dig Out Your Soul are, with the exception of the odd good song, fucking appaling records.

Knebworth was after What's the Story for a start.

Yes, I know. As I said, I was there. Dreadzone were dreadful.

Saying that they should have possibly split up before that is just stupid. their first two albums were their best, but the others weren't shite.

Yes, they really, really are.

Anyway, I've decided you're a mong, but I guess you already knew that.

I'm without doubt a cretinous mong, for many many reasons, but for thinking that Oasis were shite since the late '90's certainly ain't one of them.

For what its worth I was at the Bridlington Spa in August 2009, one of 3500 lucky fuckers to do so. Their last 'proper' gig in this country. I've seen Oasis at Knebworth in '96, at the Newcastle Arena in '97, Finsbury Park in 2002, Glasto in 2004 (the worst performance from any band I have EVER seen). It was pretty obvious by the turn of the millenia that they were a busted flush. The Brid Spa gig was the best performance I have ever seen from them, and ALL the highlights from the set were either from DM, MG or the 90's B-Sides. They'd also rediscovered the energy they had when they were first starting out, which I'm guessing is what lead to the break up, but which made them exciting.

Oasis in the '90's were relevant. After that, they simply weren't.

[YOUTUBE]kFx_IniNjfE&feature=player_embedded[/YOUTUBE]

I like it - nothing particularly revolutionary or groundbreaking, but a good song by a good songwriter. I'd expect there to be better songs than this on the album, though.

It's not Beady Eye, and that's the main thing.

You are Simon Cowell and I claim my winners prize.

Yes, you are quite right. I am the manufacturer of throwaway popnonsense and brains behind Ill Divo, because I think, like anyone with a BRANE, that Oasis were shite post 1996.

On a serious point, what is it you like about Oasis recorded output from 1997 onwards?

[YOUTUBE]kFx_IniNjfE&feature=player_embedded[/YOUTUBE]

I like it - nothing particularly revolutionary or groundbreaking, but a good song by a good songwriter. I'd expect there to be better songs than this on the album, though.

Isn't that the theme tune to the Royle Family?

Shite.

Isn't that the theme tune to the Royle Family?

Shite.

I listened to it. Someone tell me, what is the fucking point of that record? Everything in that track has already been done better 100 times or more. Including at least a dozen times by Noel Gallagher himself.

It's not awful, just horribly tedious, and in my musical book that is a bigger crime. I cannot think of a single reason why anyone would want to listen to this on more than one occasion. Maybe if you're a big fan of his vocals, I dunno.

I listened to it. Someone tell me, what is the fucking point of that record? Everything in that track has already been done better 100 times or more. Including at least a dozen times by Noel Gallagher himself.

It's not awful, just horribly tedious, and in my musical book that is a bigger crime. I cannot think of a single reason why anyone would want to listen to this on more than one occasion. Maybe if you're a big fan of his vocals, I dunno.

Have to agree with this unfortunately. I really don't understand why he doesn't try to do something at least a little different. This is more middle of the road than coldplay.

Have to agree with this unfortunately. I really don't understand why he doesn't try to do something at least a little different. This is more middle of the road than coldplay.

He has done something different, with Amorphous Androgynous, and it's out next year. This album is full of standard Noel songs recorded in a tried and trusted way. If you want different, just wait for the next record.

He has done something different, with Amorphous Androgynous, and it's out next year. This album is full of standard Noel songs recorded in a tried and trusted way. If you want different, just wait for the next record.

Fucking hell, what on Earth can Noel cunting Gallagher add to FSOL/ AA?

Parker from Thunderbirds lookalike twat.