You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Tom Werner

PaulMcC

Regarding the £350m on a stadium, you're not taking into account naming rights to offset that cost.

City got £150m for theirs.

Is the NESV gameplan one of building and then selling once we are successful?

I don't think so, not least because it takes so long to reach the earning potential of a club like Barca or United.

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You really think two men in their 80's will still be running LFC?

No I dont. But that's for them to decide. And even if they arent running the club, who or what is to say FSG wont be?

In any event, the day to day running isnt done by two men in their 60's today, they delegate that responsibility to a Chief Executive.

No I dont. But that's for them to decide. And even if they arent running the club, who or what is to say FSG wont be?

In any event, the day to day running isnt done by two men in their 60's today, they delegate that responsibility to a Chief Executive.

They bought the club as an investment, not to sink hundreds of millions into it now for a return that they will never see. The stadium will only happen if they can make a big return in the short term.

They bought the club as an investment, not to sink hundreds of millions into it now for a return that they will never see. The stadium will only happen if they can make a big return in the short term.

While Im not that naive to think they bought the club to be simply altruistic, Im not convinced they bought the club purely as an investment and intention to sell on with a profit (as lard arse brasil continues to spout on talkshite) either.

Sure, they probably will one day but I dont think that's going to be within a few years of building any proposed new stadium.

They've only been here under a year so it's unfair to use the ineptness of our previous regimes to be critical of them.

When would be the cheapest time for us to do it? Are construction costs still coming down?

I'm sure it all hinges on what kind of deal they can get for the naming rights. They aren't going to cough up £300m themselves, and no one wants the club to be laboured with that kind of debt. So we wait.

Guest ShoePiss
For sure, but I'd be gutted if we didn't get £100m for ours, completely above board.

Having said that, with NESV's links across the pond, I think they could wangle something with an American firm to boost their visibility here in the UK, and we could be looking at more than we expected.

Gutted? You just want £100m and don't care about the length of the deal? I'm guessing this figure has to come from arsenal's deal (or did you come to this via informed financial calculations?) which by now you should know is over 15 years and includes an 8 year shirt sponsorship. It's peanuts.

Groundshare will happen I reckon.

The more I think about it the less I'm concerned. They've made a huge effort to understand us and conduct themselves in a respectful way. To go down this road would make their work so far a waste of time and completely destructive. Hopefully they haven't under-estimated the feelings surrounding this.

They may stealthily test the water on it to see exactly how strong the reaction is, I suppose we have to be ready for that and respond accordingly.

Regarding the £350m on a stadium, you're not taking into account naming rights to offset that cost.

City got £150m for theirs.

Is the NESV gameplan one of building and then selling once we are successful?

I don't think so, not least because it takes so long to reach the earning potential of a club like Barca or United.

Manchester City don't own their Stadium. They are leasing it from Manchester City Council... that money should be forced to be paid to the Manchester City Council.

Manchester City don't own their Stadium. They are leasing it from Manchester City Council... that money should be forced to be paid to the Manchester City Council.

I was under the impression that Mansouri had bought it. Otherwise how could they get naming rights for a stadium they don't own?

Guest ShoePiss
I was under the impression that Mansouri had bought it. Otherwise how could they get naming rights for a stadium they don't own?

No, the lease was renegotiated and they now pay the city of manchester £3m per year instead of £2m per year.

Edit: they're able to get naming rights because there's a deal with the council on the Etihad campus thing.