You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

It's a chilly one here today. Been cold the last few days. It's about -15C right now (about 11.15am) and was quite a bit colder last night.

I'm in Cincinnati in a week, not too far from you. Hate it at this time of the year as the wind blowing along the straight long streets instantly chills you to the bone. Can cope with cold but really hate wind chill

I'm sick of mild British winters.

I want snow.

I know man. What's up with this weather - it's like constantly double figures and it's January. Everyday is another day closer to spring so I'm just waiting for the cold snap. Gotta be coming soon.

Guest Pistonbroke

It has been between -4 and -10 here for the last 4 days with a biting eastern wind. Ice rain last night and the I went arse over tit whilst walking the dog. Great stuff. 

• 6 months later...

The thermometer on my balcony reads 40 degrees. I'm inside with air conditioning and a fan directed at my face. Dog is completely pissed off

So am I.

I can't remember when I last sat out in my garden

• Upvote 2

• 3 weeks later...

This is the worst summer I can recall, weather wise. Sitting here looking out of the window at yet another piss soaked rainy August morning. We've had a handful of good days but other than that it's been utterly shite. Fucking Trump.

There was thunder and lightning near me last night. The lightning lit up my bedroom like the flash of 100 cameras. With the curtains closed! I was lying in bed with my eyes closed and could still see these searingly bright flashes. Absolutely insane! The thunder sounded like an earthquake, rumbling through the village and dismantling houses.

• 3 weeks later...

The wind brought a neighbour's tree down in the night. It's an old, dead tree right next to the boundary in an overgrown area of vegetation. It fell down on our side, smashing a fence panel and hitting the chicken run. Thankfully the run and co-op and pretty sturdy but it did take the roof off, remarkably the chickens didn't escape! No serious damage but a massive tree to move.

• 1 month later...