You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Does anyone want to see Lucas go?  

157 members have voted

1. 1. Does anyone want to see Lucas go?

• Yes, for a small profit.
    • No, he has potentail to make it.
    • Sitting on the fence.

Im still clinging to the fact this is the player who won the South American footballer of the year award - alongside the likes of Tevez, Robinho and Kaka no less. If you win that award you cant be shit - we just haven't seen the best of him yet.

The undead clung to that until they discovered that former United midfielder Kleberson also won the award.

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ronnie Whelan, Graeme Souness, Xabi Alonso, Jan Molby, Steve McMahon, Steven Gerrard, Dietmar Hamann, Javier Mascherano.

That is what a great Liverpool midfielder looks like.

Now take a deep breath, consider it carefully, and think about Lucas again.

"Oh yeah, actually he's fucking shit isn't he?"

Exactly. You're right. Well done.

I am not convinced he will ever really make it big for us but I do think that some of the stick he gets from our fans, usually loud vocal shit at the game, is bang out of line.

I went to the away Madrid game last year and there was this proper tourist prick behind me in the Real end puporting to be a massive red (I went with a RM member who got me a ticket). He spent half the game on his mobile telling his mate how great it was and the rest of the game calling Bennayoun a stupid Yid if he lost posession (for which I told him to shut the fuck up) and shouting at Lucas - who was only warming up - to "break a fuicking leg" so he wouldnt get to play for us.

What a fucking brilliant advert for our fans abroad that is but to be fair I've heard worse at Anfield. I feel for the lad, he's done several interviews where he's said how he's taken a lot of stick from the fans - FOR WHAT? for trying? So what if he's shit, don't blame the lad for doing his best. Fucking small-time shit.

I feel for the lad, he's done several interviews where he's said how he's taken a lot of stick from the fans - FOR WHAT? for trying? So what if he's shit, don't blame the lad for doing his best. Fucking small-time shit.

I abhor booing Liverpool players at the game. It's not nice.

But sometimes - and this is not a defence - positive or negative crowd reaction can help sway decisions.

We've done it plenty of times in a positive way to get a player onto the pitch, or made it clear how much we love a player (cf Alonso, not that it worked in the end)

And Lucas realising he will never make it, and Benitez being aware that lots of fans think he is fucking shite, may hurry his departure.

That said, still wouldn't boo him.

But sometimes - and this is not a defence - positive or negative crowd reaction can help sway decisions.

We've done it plenty of times in a positive way to get a player onto the pitch, or made it clear how much we love a player (cf Alonso, not that it worked in the end)

And Lucas realising he will never make it, and Benitez being aware that lots of fans think he is fucking shite, may hurry his departure.

You think the consensus view of a bunch of cunts who boo their own players is something that should sway the view of one of Europe's top managers on the abilities of a player?

I neither think it should or, in Rafa's case, that it does.

He's not (and probably never will be) good enough to be first choice but he's improved steadily since he arrived, played a part in some good victories last season and is starting to look a decent squad player. I think it would be madness to sell him to recoup a few million quid when we have just lost Alonso and have no idea how Aquilani will perform.

I'd only sell him this summer if we had a guaranteed better player coming in his place.

I've said before that Lucas would need better players than him to leave the club in order for him to even have a chance of making it longer-term. Well, they have (or at least one has), and his replacement is untested in this team, in this league. So, he has a chance.

Personally, I don't see him making the huge step up in performance that would be required to make him more than just a night watchman, until Aquillani has adapted (or until he doesn't and we have to buy somebody else instead), but it does not make sense to sell him at the current time.

Expecting a heated debate here but I for one dont want to see Lucas go. He is still at the potentail stage but he is just finding his feet. He was the backing of the manager and if he is willing to work hard I think he can become a first team regular maybe as an understudy to Aqua Man.

I dont get why we would want to go as that mean his football would have taken one step foward two steps back.

Does anyone on here would like to see him go for a small profit?

At the end of the season, I wanted Xabi and Masch to stay and Barry to come in for Lucas. Giving us three top class midfielders who were all slightly different.

I've often defended Lucas on here, but after two seasons he just seems to be too much of an inbetweener. He is not a replacement for Masch, nor for Xabi. For me he is a solid player, certainly not the gimp some make out, he does lots of things well, but not exceptionally well, which is what we need.

However, Id give him time if he could do one of the most basic things well and thats tackle. Early last season someone, I think it was Philly, said he didnt like the constant silly fouls Lucas gave away and after that i noticed them much more. He was great at Newcastle and PSV around Xmas, giving a fantastic display of passing and controlling the play but then ruined it with the Everton sending off and the Wigan penalty. Both given away through crude, poor challenges, which he had no right making in the way he did.

Given his pedigree, you may argue he needs time, but for me two seasons is enough and I htink its clear he just doesnt have the pace, of foot or brain, to make it in our league.

I think it was a worthwhile gamble, 6m for a 19 yr old brazilain payer of the year could have been an absolute steal and perhaps, he will still prove me wrong at Anfield, but I suspect if he is going to make it he needs to be in a calmer environment, where he can make a bigger impact.

Good luck to him and if he starts Vs Spurs he'll get my full support, but when you start looking at teh likes of Cattermole, as a superior 3rd choice, then you know Lucas has a mountain to climb. Much as I like Speo, I think its too soon for him to be 3rd choice, so if Lucas goes we need someone else in (Cattermole as a 3rd choice would be ok IMHO) but Lucas either needs to stand up and be counted this season (WC year maybe he will) or he needs to move on.

Booing players/teams/managers is never, ever acceptable. Small time is what it is.

He's not (and probably never will be) good enough to be first choice but he's improved steadily since he arrived, played a part in some good victories last season and is starting to look a decent squad player. I think it would be madness to sell him to recoup a few million quid when we have just lost Alonso and have no idea how Aquilani will perform.

I'd only sell him this summer if we had a guaranteed better player coming in his place.

Don't you ever get tired of being right, you smug, mattress inhabiting cunt.