You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

lawro says rafa to walk tomorrow

Xherdan

He was just interviewed on Sky Sports News.

leprechaun.jpg

What? The oufit? How dare ye! Dis is me normal attire, tanks very much! Even when those black and tans are tearing up and down the place like banshees! I usually have a pig under me arm as well, of course, but the little fella has run off again down the Blackpool Road! Now, what d'ye want to know about dis here man Benitez, eh? I know summat but ye'll have to rub me little thing to get me to talk, dat ye will!

Have you watched any of our games this season?

watched them all.

watched us sitting on top of the premiership.

now I see us sitting in second place.

I see still competing in the final 16 of the Champions League (a competititon we have been in the final of twice in the past 5 years, plus a further semi-final).

So what exactly is your fuking problem, plastic fan?

Exclusive: McManaman on Benitez future | Setanta

Steve McManaman has exclusively told setanta.com that rumours of Rafa Benitez’s imminent exit are totally untrue.

Wednesday morning saw leading bookmakers stop taking bets on Benitez being Liverpool’s manager at the start of next season, with rumours even suggesting he would leave after the Champions League trip to Real Madrid.

However, former Liverpool ace McManaman still keeps close contact with the club he loves, and he is adamant there is no truth to the stories.

In fact, McManaman revealed that Benitez’s contract talks are still progressing, and he insists the Spaniard is more likely to extend his stay than leave before the start of next season.

“Benitez won’t be going anytime soon,” McManaman told setanta.com.

“Rafa will stay as Liverpool manager, Rafa loves Liverpool he loves the area, his wife’s very happy, his kids are happy…he wants to stay.

“As I understand it, the contract talks only have a little hitch in them, the terms are fine, the length of the contract and salary are all fine…it’s just this thing with the Academy.

“It will all be ironed out soon and I expect he will be here for a while yet.”

The former Real Madrid star did have a warning for Liverpool's owners though, telling them they are making it extremely difficult for The Reds to win trophies whilst off-the-field activities cloud big games.

"I think it’s crucial that they get everything sorted out, there seems to be so much unrest emanating from Anfield at the moment," McManaman added.

"As soon as the manager ties his future down, and as soon as the ownership is sorted, there’s nothing to talk about. But until these issues are sorted, people are always gonna talk about it.

"It certainly doesn’t help the football side when you’re in the papers and you’re top story for all the wrong reasons. You can guarantee tonight, if the result doesn’t go right, the Rafa situation will be partly to blame for it in tomorrow's papers."

Exclusive: McManaman on Benitez future | Setanta

Steve McManaman has exclusively told setanta.com that rumours of Rafa Benitez’s imminent exit are totally untrue.

Wednesday morning saw leading bookmakers stop taking bets on Benitez being Liverpool’s manager at the start of next season, with rumours even suggesting he would leave after the Champions League trip to Real Madrid.

However, former Liverpool ace McManaman still keeps close contact with the club he loves, and he is adamant there is no truth to the stories.

In fact, McManaman revealed that Benitez’s contract talks are still progressing, and he insists the Spaniard is more likely to extend his stay than leave before the start of next season.

“Benitez won’t be going anytime soon,” McManaman told setanta.com.

“Rafa will stay as Liverpool manager, Rafa loves Liverpool he loves the area, his wife’s very happy, his kids are happy…he wants to stay.

“As I understand it, the contract talks only have a little hitch in them, the terms are fine, the length of the contract and salary are all fine…it’s just this thing with the Academy.

“It will all be ironed out soon and I expect he will be here for a while yet.”

The former Real Madrid star did have a warning for Liverpool's owners though, telling them they are making it extremely difficult for The Reds to win trophies whilst off-the-field activities cloud big games.

"I think it’s crucial that they get everything sorted out, there seems to be so much unrest emanating from Anfield at the moment," McManaman added.

"As soon as the manager ties his future down, and as soon as the ownership is sorted, there’s nothing to talk about. But until these issues are sorted, people are always gonna talk about it.

"It certainly doesn’t help the football side when you’re in the papers and you’re top story for all the wrong reasons. You can guarantee tonight, if the result doesn’t go right, the Rafa situation will be partly to blame for it in tomorrow's papers."

Hahahahahahaha

watched them all.

watched us sitting on top of the premiership.

now I see us sitting in second place.

I see still competing in the final 16 of the Champions League (a competititon we have been in the final of twice in the past 5 years, plus a further semi-final).

So what exactly is your fuking problem, plastic fan?

You're a bit scary

I'm going to conduct a little experiment here, I am going to say something that I haven't felt the need to say before...I want Rafa to stay.

If my suspicions are correct and I contract the same disease as the people that want him to go I will now post endlessly stating the same thing...I want Rafa to stay.

Do not call me a hero for putting my health on the line, I am merely a man of science.

aye, those who slag Rafa (the genius who has worked miracles with limited resources compared to those of chelsea and man utd) and call him all the names under the sun, sure don't like being challenged.

So I guess you're right, someone like me, can look a bit scary to plastic kneejerk fans.

When I said scary, I actually meant "mental"